fast login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fast login

Just a thought but it just may be the amount of people logging in at that time, it varies for me as well, it's usually not bad though, between 5 - 30 seconds.

Comment

One way you can login without going through the login button and all that other crap is:

Right click your BF2 icon and go to properties. Go to the end of the target line and say:

+playerName "Your username" +playerPassword "Your password"

Forget about the quotes around the username and password. You don't need them. You have to enter the words as I typed them or else it won't work. Hope that helps you guys out.

Comment

Also, for those who dont know, you can add +restart to that line,
        that makes the game skip the intro movies... If you havent deleted them already!

Comment

I can confirm that the general.con fix works like a dream. I've had the same profile dir since I installed over a year ago. Logging in was around the 3 mins mark. Its now down to about 1.5 rotations of the bf2 logo.

Just delete the serverhistroy and favorites. It seems to try to comminicate to each of your favorites when you login. I had some old servers in there that didn't respond anymore as such it was waiting for a timeout before allowing me to login.

Comment

Working...
          X