fast login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast login

when i log in to my bf2 account before it took very long time to log in like 30-60 seconds but yesterday suddenly it only took 2-10 seconds!

i am not complaining but my bro has another account on the computer and for him it take very very long time to log in!

can anyone give me a tehnical explenaison for this?

Re: fast login

Uh.. I don't know what the problem is I always have logged in for 1-7 seconds Normaly it's 4 Seconds so I don't know why people are talking about slow/fast logins I never had problems with logging in..? Strange but I always thought it was normal 1-10 Secs?

Comment

it takes me about 100 seconds to log in

Comment

Luck? I read a whole chapter of a Tom Clancy book, then it logs me in, another chapter to go in a server

Comment

Strange.. Very strange maybe it has something do with servers etc? I doubt that though but I find it strange I can even make a fraps movie of me loggin in 4.67 Sec. ^__^

Comment

your favorties list will slow down your log in. because not only does the game log you in your account, its also uploading all your user preferences, such as your game settings, button configs, and your favorites list. so the more stuff you have in favorites, the longer it takes.

i used to have about 20 servers on my fav list, took 20-30 sec to log in. i went in and deleted the ones that were dead, and the ones i dont even play. my list is down to about 5, and it takes a few sec to log in.

Comment

Go to my documents>battlefield 2>profiles>(your number)>General.con> and delete all the lines that have GeneralSettings.addServerHistory in them. After you've done that go to file and save. Your log in time should now be back to normal, hope this helps.

Comment

I had the same problem before. I reinstalled BF2 and it got faster...
                It can be your cache which is too big, your dmp, or logocache.

Comment

If one or more of the server's you have in favorites are down, it take much longer time to log in...

Comment

Originally posted by annihilate.m4
                    Go to my documents>battlefield 2>profiles>(your number)>General.con> and delete all the lines that have GeneralSettings.addServerHistory in them. After you've done that go to file and save. Your log in time should now be back to normal, hope this helps.
                    Gonna try that one, is also great for removing ur favorites in a fast way!!

Comment

Hehe you can also change the Commander's Toys names like Artillery etc. I changed Vehicle Drop to Cartillery!

Thanks for the tip annihilate.m4!

- Komet

Comment

Originally posted by annihilate.m4
                        what do you mean (your number)?? the player id number?

Comment

no the ammount of accounts u have in your computer caunts like this: 0001,0002,0003 etc.

Comment

Most of the time it is the EA account servers.

Comment

i always thought deleting, then retrieving your account made it faster
                              never tried it though

Comment

Working...
                              X