Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Trend I noticed

Player stacking happens to me on one of my favs quite often
    If a game has minimum players all the really good regulars and admins are on one team while the avg. players are on the other.

EDIT: Usually happens to me on Wake

Comment

I made a new account and played in a 50 player Karkand server, full with people. On my team, the MEC, the highest rank was Sergeant. On the other team, USMC, the lowest rank was Gunnery Sergeant. I ended up at the top of my team since I'm pretty experienced, but it was lame having Colonels and Majors and other higher-upers on one side only.

Comment

Yeah, this occasionally happens to me (mostly on Kark). It's a challenge to make those higher ranking players earn their stripes though. There's nothing more satisfying than when their top player (normally in armour) is being repeatedly blown up by RPG's.
        When sides are rediculously player stacked, and nobody is taking a blind bit of notice about the imbalance in teams, do what I do and leave the server!

Comment

When you play against a team that have lots of people of the same clan, you will lose, they train togheter and they play the way this game should be played....as a team, and 99% of the time they talk with each other so they know where the threats are without the help of a commander.
          As for the high ranking players choosing the team that has an advantege in the map....well is sad...enjoy the game more, worry abaut stats less.

Comment

teams being lopsided is he hardest point to overcome
            wish I had an answer
            we have a fairly active clan - usually more than 10 play per night
            and if course - we like to play together (on one side)
            we used to have a 32 player server
            and would often have the whole side be our team
            even when we were all lower ranks - because we played as a team with team tactics and ventrilo - we won 99% of the time
            (no great individual talents - just good ream play - I an sure any clan would have had the same success)
            now we have a 40 player map, and have done everything we can think of to make it more fair
            eg:
            no attacking uncaps
            steal aircraft only 10% vs 90% of the time
            broadcast over team radio - "LET THEM GET A flag"
            and we usually have the commander role - so he does not always spot enemies capping a flag
            sometimes - when the 'other side' is too dumb to cap flags to stop the bleeding - one of our guys will join the other team - and he becomes the flag re-capture guy
            and now we even give free ventrilo to visitors so they can have more of a chance
            but now that we are all Sgt major or above (well 1/3 of us are officers)
            we still win all the time
            but I guess the good part - many visitors see how hard we try to help them
            and we have even more of them joining our clan because of it
            but again - I understand the pain of guys being on the wrong side
            ps -- yes we tried putting 1/2 of the clan on each team
            kind of ruins the clan atmosphere

Comment

sometimes its just the way the cookie crumbles.

Comment

Well if I have no choice then I'll treat it as a challenge, me, an average player on the lousy team vs the BF2 vets, yeah many bad things could happen, you lose your flags too easily, you get steamrolled by your own teammate's tank but hey, fighting against a whole bunch of vets really helps you improve your skills, although you might lose countless of rounds or have a horrible KDR, soon you'll get better and better and you'll be a vet yourself, and you have high chances of surpassing them.

For clanners, well they like to bunch up in one particular team, it's not a rare sight actually, I respect clans that try to balance the server, by sending maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of their clanmates to the other team, they could also spot each other's strengths and mistakes. Forgive the other clanners that tend to huddle together in PLA in Wake Island, it ALWAYS happen and there's nothing you nor anybody else(maybe the admins) can do about it.

Comment

Not that we are afraid, we all like teamwork. Though sometimes I do stay on the noob side just to kill some officers

Comment

ok here is a thought, insted of running away from the generals how about you strap a pair on, and blow there heads off because when i wa a private i took down the biggest rank i could find, makes the kills all that much sweeter

Comment

Working...
                    X