A Trend I noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trend I noticed

I've played bf2 for a while now and I'm not really hardcore about it because I didn't really join a clan when the game was released and all the hype was going on. So I'd feel like I was getting to the movie theatre halfway through the movie. So I just stick to myself and join whatever server I feel like and don't have particular favs. Well I have a few favs but I won't name.

Something I noticed when the battle begins is one thing. All the high ranking players are almost always on one team. And almost always they are on the side of the map with the advantage be it chinese on Wake etc.

I don't really care because I have a 1 to 3 kill death ration and am not that great to begin with. but It's somewhat annoying to see all the BF2 Vets on one side while you have a bunch of fairly new guys on the other side.

Are people afraid of a challange or are they just out for some points? It's totally boring when you have all the skilled people on one side and all the fairly new guys on the other. Why do I see this so much?

Re: A Trend I noticed

I agree it happens on some servers some of the time. On Sharqi the best players will be MEC because their camos actually work with the color scheme of the map. On Kark they'll be USMC because they have the armor up front.

Sometimes I make the "cut", sometimes not. When I do its happy times. When I don't, its um, a challenge.

My advice? Don't feel cowardly or like a quitter for bailing out of the server and finding another. I once stayed for a 30 round spanking on a 24 7 Kark server as Mec trying to beat USMC. Don't waste your game time.

Comment

You can kinda call me a vet on the game. When I'm playin I choose the team not depending on what team has what advantage, but rathar the team with all my friend on it. When I see a team full of n00bs I will switch over and help them out cause I do love the challenge. It is wonderfull to own a higher ranking on the opposing team while they pwn my teammates. I am always on wake and being USMC puts you at a big disadvantage.

I join USMC and just rule the air with F-35's. It's funny cause when they try to get me high altitude is my friend and I make them chase me all the way to the carrier where my "n00b" teamates rape em in the essex. It's also much fun to own a J-10 whore with a F-35. Sneaky tactics are the way to go.

Comment

Yea I always prefer the US side on Wake. it's a good feeling when you take over the whole island. Even better when It's a 64 map.

Comment

OP:
          Yeah people are afraid of challenges and follow trends and herd like cows and are unoriginal thinkers who can't creatively think past problems.

They think winning makes them winners... but meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugman44

My advice? Don't feel cowardly or like a quitter for bailing out of the server and finding another. I once stayed for a 30 round spanking on a 24 7 Kark server as Mec trying to beat USMC. Don't waste your game time.

Oh god that made me laugh.

I love being USMC on Wake as like the man said it is a great feeling to kill them like that. I hope they don't berf the J-10 because people suck. Maybe add a bit more durability to the F-35 to help but that's about it. I'm still new to the flying side of the game but I've downed more than a few but I do have a hard time getting them off me.

Don't fly about with active radar and stay high, hit em with the cannon when they are not looking.

Comment

I just stick with the team the server assigns me to. There is no big difference to me, and most of the time your switched at the end of the round. I feel bad for those people who run to a specific team to get some petty advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by SMeeD
                I just stick with the team the server assigns me to. There is no big difference to me, and most of the time your switched at the end of the round. I feel bad for those people who run to a specific team to get some petty advantage.
                What if you switch to the team with the disadvantage on purpose

lol..

Look at my stats... you will see, pretty much all I play, is wake.. with 430 hours on the map, and a 5:1 ratio of being on US vs chinese

Let's just say I have a positive win:loss ratio for wake

Comment

I've never switched, I just go where the server assigns me.

But I'm finding now, that occasionally I'll start with an army on a certain map that I'm very unfamiliar with.

You'd think after 200 hours (not much, but enough), and trying to keep as much variety as possible (server availability an issue here, lots of 24/7 single map servers), that I'd have basically the same familiarity of all maps and armies. Which is not much familiarity, but should be the same for each army and map.

I've also noticed sometimes the rank on teams seems lopsided. Is it just me not seeing that 3 First Sargents are equivilant to 2 First Louies (example, not opinion or fact), do I not fully understand rank and it's value as far as the programing goes? Or am I playing in a server that has no balance setting and everyone is jumping on a certain side at the outset?

I load pretty darn quick so I suppose I could pick what ever side I want, I'm useally first or second, rarely third.

I've been meaning to ask some one, just what does goes into the assignment of the sides when the server boots to a new map, or a second round?

Also what are the server settings? Are there auto configurations, or random configurations server settings when it comes to teams? Is there a setting for ranked servers? I've seen the "Switching teams" in servers that have 2 rounds for each map. I like that.

I don't need a blow by blow breakdown of the programming, just a general idea of how it's acheived and what it's supposed to accomplish. A link to a site would suffice.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
                    I've played bf2 for a while now and I'm not really hardcore about it because I didn't really join a clan when the game was released and all the hype was going on. So I'd feel like I was getting to the movie theatre halfway through the movie. So I just stick to myself and join whatever server I feel like and don't have particular favs. Well I have a few favs but I won't name.

Something I noticed when the battle begins is one thing. All the high ranking players are almost always on one team. And almost always they are on the side of the map with the advantage be it chinese on Wake etc.

I don't really care because I have a 1 to 3 kill death ration and am not that great to begin with. but It's somewhat annoying to see all the BF2 Vets on one side while you have a bunch of fairly new guys on the other side.

Are people afraid of a challange or are they just out for some points? It's totally boring when you have all the skilled people on one side and all the fairly new guys on the other. Why do I see this so much?

It happens all the time VETS go to one side so they have alot better chance of winning. Even clans get together on just one side, aka CLAN STACKING. Almost as bad as stat padding.

Comment

This is why some ppl like me (and probably the 80% of old battlefield players) have the worst oppinion about EA's ranking system... they killed the fun of playing public games... the average kidd'o want's to get more points and not get your whole team win the match.

EA's Stats system are designed for the guys to play MORE time and buy new products, not to get more benefits on the teamplay.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                        What if you switch to the team with the disadvantage on purpose

lol..

Look at my stats... you will see, pretty much all I play, is wake.. with 430 hours on the map, and a 5:1 ratio of being on US vs chinese

Let's just say I have a positive win:loss ratio for wake
                        Geez dude, all u play is Wake? How the hell does that not get repetitive and boring?

Comment

I always go MEC because the US weapons/vehicles suck!

Comment

This trend is more noticable in kiddy games like CS and Halo. I have to say I have a much higher respect for BF2 players than other games.

Comment

I've only been playing for a couple weeks, but in that time this has only happened to me once. Last night on small scale Karkand (16 players) starting as MEC and we got totally obliterated. In the few weeks I've been playing I've never been repeatedly or as savagely torn apart as last night. If I'm not mistaken at least 50% of the USMC team were in the same clan.

Comment

Working...
                              X