Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aiming with the G3

Originally posted by Skwurl
    Going prone isn't 'dolphing diving' (by the way, who gave it that gay ass name?)
    Dunno, if people just noticed, dolphins diving don't look a thing like what dolphin diving looked like pre-1.2 patch. The 'dolphin diving' is simply somebody going prone while still in the air. It looks retarded that after you jump, you can somehow bend the laws of physics and make you go from standing to prone while still in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
      Quoted from http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks/g3

I love this weapon..., i have the fn2000 too but i much prefer the G3, its taken my last 40hrs of assaulting well worth while :P, im nearly at expert assault badge level.., 40kills IAR on the right server is easily do-able with this weapon.
      Got my expert assault with the G3.

Comment

Well I use this weapon on city maps alot if I am not sniping. I don't however use it for long range kills unless I have too. As for aiming everyone tells you how they do it but just practice a bit yourself.

Comment

I think people generally "feel" the G3 is more accurate on account of its power more so than it's actual accuracy. When you shoot 2 three round bursts with a G3 you only need a 3-4 rounds to kill, less if there's a headshot. While other rifles may take more rounds, and therefore more sqeezes of the trigger, to kill someone. This gives a sense that you are hitting more than you are.

Like PKM said, though, you'll be hurting for ammo if you tend to get your kills in streaks. When I play assault I always try to keep tabs on where the Medics are or do my best to kill one and get their kit so I can keep healed up to keep things going. With the G3 I also have to constantly be on the lookout for Support to keep up with the ammo problems. I always feel like I need a friggin baggage train with me to really get the most out of the gun. You need like a swordboy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
            Yea, does 5 less damage, but shoots 33% faster than the PKM. If only they gave the damn gun a 30 round clip. Anyways, the G3 doesn't suck, all guns are good (BESIDES the smgs though) if you use them right.
            Agree. No AR in this game has a significant advantage to the other. Different weapon just means different style you are playing. Like M16 guys are closer to riflemen. G3 users assalt infantry.
            No, no AR sucks here. But the SMGs are real crap. Don't expect them at all. Something like MP5 can kille nothing but its user.

Comment

Here are some screens of how it should be... Or might be if your lucky! lol

Not so easy to aim, hit print screen, shoot and hit print screen again w/o beeing shot in the mean time... :laugh:

This is basically for mid-long range shots, and for those who have used the G3 in real life, knows that long range shots with this gun on auto, is like... Well, you know...

The last image, was a 1 shot kill...

It is hard to explain how to use it, but i usually kill the ones i have in my sight...
              And for close combat, just aim high...

We have this gun in the norwegian army, so i know quite alot about it...

~MrNiceGuy

Comment

Working...
              X