Aiming with the G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiming with the G3

Ok.. I always hear everyone talk about how accurate the G3 is... I have always though it is one of the least accurate guns in the game, minus the MP7.

I hear EVERYONE say "oh it's really accurate" etc etc.. well not for me. So I figure, I must be aiming it wrong or something..

So does it aim like most other guns.. or..? Below the tip of the sight, above it... dead center.... etc.?

Someone post a SS of them aiming at someones head with a G3, and so that it will hit them exactly (so I know where to aim it)...

Because, either my aim is fine, and the gun just isn't very accurate... or... my aim is way off with that gun... and i'm doing it all wrong (aiming with the wrong spot).

I am good with every gun, except the G3, MP7 and P90 (last two are a completely different story.. I just hate those guns. lol)

Like, the G3, at close range... well... you win... EVERY time. lol

Re: Aiming with the G3

If you put it on semi and go prone it is like a sniper rifle

Comment

From a distance I just use single shot and prone, and I aim for the body. Up close its full auto for maximum ownage.

/Yes, I know I suck

Comment

G3 has a ring and post sight, you aim at the top of the post.

Comment

I ALWAYS go prone when I shoot. Unless it's with a shottie.

Originally posted by LtChair
          G3 has a ring and post sight, you aim at the top of the post.
          Yeah I know that... but it never seems to hit... even on single shot, im prone, and the other guy can be standing still.

Comment

Top of the tip when zoomed - aim it at their torso. Its not super accurate, nothing like the G36E. Its the cross between a G36C and a F2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaSniper079
              Top of the tip when zoomed - aim it at their torso. Its not super accurate, nothing like the G36E. Its the cross between a G36C and a F2000.
              Everyone makes it seem that accurate.

maybe my problem is that I am used to going for the headshot?

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                Yep, with the g3 bodyshots seem to work best.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                  Everyone makes it seem that accurate.

Ya, its unlikely youre going to land a headshot with that thing. I used it for a long time until i unlocked the G36E. The G3 was the best weapon for me at that time - it had amazing fire power up close ( you didnt have to prone like with support, which made it good for real close encounters becuse you could circle your enemy) and its decent at long range. But the G36E is better.

Comment

Quoted from http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks/g3

This makes the G3 the least accurate assault rifle, even when firing single shots from the prone position. In rapid-fire/auto-fire from the prone position, it becomes more accurate than the AK-47, but only after three or more shots have been fired.
                    There are some advantages to choosing the G3 over the standard rifles though. It gives the player regular grenades, which at times can be more useful than the grenade launcher, it does pack power that USMC players might lack, and the ring and post sight on the G3 can make long distance shots easier to line up for some players.
                    One other advantage the G3 may have over the other assault rifles is reduced “bullet drop” at longer ranges. Bullet drop has been confirmed, but no data on how this actually works is available
                    I love this weapon..., i have the fn2000 too but i much prefer the G3, its taken my last 40hrs of assaulting well worth while :P, im nearly at expert assault badge level.., 40kills IAR on the right server is easily do-able with this weapon.

Comment

Keep the gun on auto, but use very short bursts. If you see targets far away swap over to single shot. G3 will be very inaccurate if you hold the fire button down. You also need to make shots count with the G3 because you only get 20 rounds per clip.

G3 is very powerful so you don't always have to aim for the head. 2, 3 shots max are normally all you need to kill. Close combat your best to aim for chest/torso.

Comment

Metallca, I also have the same problem with the G3....i just cant kill anyone with it. But when ever I encounter an enemy with one i get blasted to hell with it, a lot of times they get head shots on me too..and i'm always like WTF, why can't I do that?

I did however find the best cure for the G3, sneakin around with a good 'ol AK on full auto

Comment

Originally posted by White*Feather*67
                          Keep the gun on auto, but use very short bursts. If you see targets far away swap over to single shot. G3 will be very inaccurate if you hold the fire button down. You also need to make shots count with the G3 because you only get 20 rounds per clip.

G3 is very powerful so you don't always have to aim for the head. 2, 3 shots max are normally all you need to kill. Close combat your best to aim for chest/torso.

Thats like....close range, he wanted to know how to aim at long range...I dont think anyone could miss that shot in the pic :|:

Comment

bah ...,i nearly always keep it in single shot its much better, i just slow my gameplay down a little so full auto isnt needed 98% of the time.

I honestly think using this weapon has educated me in assault tactics coz of its low ammo yield and less accuracy in bursts. Take time with the G3 and stalk, its almost like hunting rather than full on battling.

Comment

G3 on single shot is good against lesser opponents, however if you run into someone who is fast, having the gun on auto can save your life. Also if someone is running side to side, bunny hopping at close range it can be hard to hit them on single shot. Auto at close range is pretty much point and spray.

I try and use G3 on auto as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X