Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aiming with the G3

Originally posted by DaSniper079
    Top of the tip when zoomed - aim it at their torso. Its not super accurate, nothing like the G36E. Its the cross between a G36C and a F2000.
    Are you kidding me, between a G36C and F2000, it would be more like between the G36E and the F2000, the G36C is by far (ok, may be not that far, as teh chinese QBZ-97 comes close) the most accurate full auto weapon. the G36E doesn't even come close.

Comment

The guy who said "Hunt" is right on... in fact, thats pretty much how I play all the time... select your shots and force the fight on your terms and you will position yourself for victory.

stalk, wait, creep, hide, strike from the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
        The guy who said "Hunt" is right on... in fact, thats pretty much how I play all the time... select your shots and force the fight on your terms and you will position yourself for victory.

stalk, wait, creep, hide, strike from the edges.
        You sound like a ninja at the end of your post lol.

Comment

Well, I'm just curious. Do you metallica or others consider AK to be more accurate than G3? My experience puts assault rifles in following order if we are talking about accuracy in the medium and long ranges:

M16
          G3
          F2000
          AK-101 & Type 56

My list does not necessarily follow any accuracy information table, this list is based on my personal experience. As mentioned in former posts, obviously I'm talking about single shot mode while on prone. When shooting short bursts on moving target, somehow F2000 fits in my hands best. M16 is also pretty handy.

AK used to be pretty accurate. I haven't check whether is it nerfed after some patch, but that is a gun I can't hit anything anymore. Regardless it's good in close corners, I don't use it anymore.

Comment

Great dmg..terrible clip and lac of accuracy compared to the rest of the guns dominating the game.

I wouldnt trade in my GL for a G3 because its almost as bad as being support, but the difference is any kill streak of 4 or 5 and youll be crying for support cause youll have no ammo..

Its like trading your one class unique (GL) for a powerful gun that in the world Bf2 guns its far to inaccurate as an Assualt class weapon. Id rather slam a nade into a guy and still not have incredible accuracy (F2000) and be able to pump out a bunch of bullets before reload...nothign worse then getting caught in a reload.

Comment

Well proning the second you seem someone even if there 4 feet away is the cheapest tactic on the planet. Basicly just aim for the torso.

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972
                Well, I'm just curious. Do you metallica or others consider AK to be more accurate than G3? My experience puts assault rifles in following order if we are talking about accuracy in the medium and long ranges:

M16
                G3
                F2000
                AK-101 & Type 56

My list does not necessarily follow any accuracy information table, this list is based on my personal experience. As mentioned in former posts, obviously I'm talking about single shot mode while on prone. When shooting short bursts on moving target, somehow F2000 fits in my hands best. M16 is also pretty handy.

AK used to be pretty accurate. I haven't check whether is it nerfed after some patch, but that is a gun I can't hit anything anymore. Regardless it's good in close corners, I don't use it anymore.
                Mine would be the same for assault, but if you add the medic ones i would put the G36E on top, and the L85 around where the AKs are. BTW, the AK101 is slightly more accurate as it has a lower max dev cap, so it's slightly more accurate, but the AK47 is slightly more powerful, and the AK47 can kill an armored guy with 4 shots to chest, while the AK101 needs 5, so the Ak47 is still better imo. Anyways, the AKs havn't been changed at all, prob just other guns got more accurate so it feels like the AKs got nerfed. BTW, people killing machine, the G3 is more accurate than the AKs and F2000 statistically in every way. Anyways, i never get 'caught' in a reload, i just pull out pistol or knife, if i've landed two or three hits on a guy, chances are, i'll only need 1-2 pistol shots to down the guy. Anyways, it's ironic that you say it's 'almost as bad as support' as the nickname for the PKM is people killing machine, and that happens to be your username at TBF2 forums.

Comment

it also shows all the conenction errs 1.3 has! SWEEEEEEEET

Comment

I am really good with the L85A1. That gun is really accurate, and I used to hate it, and think otherwise..

Now I get a headshot on the first or second shot, and always aim for the head. You can get HUGE kill clusters of kills if you have good aim, and know how to use the gun and position yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                      it also shows all the conenction errs 1.3 has! SWEEEEEEEET
                      Huh? What?

Comment

G3 is just like a PKM to me. The difference is you don't need to prone while shooting and having a small MAG capacity.

This weapon is not as accurate as G36E or M16, so it's best to use in a medium range.

Comment

yes i must say the g3 sucks. anyway, the dolphin diving tactic (instant proneing when you see a guy to get off a few cheap accurate shots) may only be used by support gunners like myself. PKM owns

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                            Mine would be the same for assault, but if you add the medic ones i would put the G36E on top, and the L85 around where the AKs are. BTW, the AK101 is slightly more accurate as it has a lower max dev cap, so it's slightly more accurate, but the AK47 is slightly more powerful, and the AK47 can kill an armored guy with 4 shots to chest, while the AK101 needs 5, so the Ak47 is still better imo. Anyways, the AKs havn't been changed at all, prob just other guns got more accurate so it feels like the AKs got nerfed. BTW, people killing machine, the G3 is more accurate than the AKs and F2000 statistically in every way. Anyways, i never get 'caught' in a reload, i just pull out pistol or knife, if i've landed two or three hits on a guy, chances are, i'll only need 1-2 pistol shots to down the guy. Anyways, it's ironic that you say it's 'almost as bad as support' as the nickname for the PKM is people killing machine, and that happens to be your username at TBF2 forums.
                            Yeah, AK47 is such awosome weapon. I wish I could have it while playing USMC. I don't like its iron sight though.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_piglet
                              G3 is just like a PKM to me. The difference is you don't need to prone while shooting and having a small MAG capacity.

This weapon is not as accurate as G36E or M16, so it's best to use in a medium range.
                              Yea, does 5 less damage, but shoots 33% faster than the PKM. If only they gave the damn gun a 30 round clip. Anyways, the G3 doesn't suck, all guns are good (BESIDES the smgs though) if you use them right.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)patton
                                anyway, the dolphin diving tactic (instant proneing when you see a guy to get off a few cheap accurate shots)
                                Going prone isn't 'dolphing diving' (by the way, who gave it that gay ass name?)

Comment

Working...
                                X