Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW HARD IT IS TO BE A COMMANDER when you are lower rank than others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW HARD IT IS TO BE A COMMANDER when you are lower rank than others!

Originally posted by AlphaNut
    Yes, but first you need to experience first hands what those people actually have to do on the field before you can start actually commanding them, and knowing what is in their best interest.
    Yea, like if you were a squad leader going around capping the 'backstage flags' (like gatehouse and suberb on 32p karkand), and when your at suberb, after you cap, a tank destroys your humvee and the vodnik is already there (but you destroy the tank, your whole squad needs a transport, but when you request it, the commander is too ignorant to do so, so then ext time when you play commander, you will feel sympathetic for those guys that are in something like your situation, and give them a vehicle drop, and same with when a tank capping a flag needs supplys or stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
      Yea, like if you were a squad leader going around capping the 'backstage flags' (like gatehouse and suberb on 32p karkand), and when your at suberb, after you cap, a tank destroys your humvee and the vodnik is already there (but you destroy the tank, your whole squad needs a transport, but when you request it, the commander is too ignorant to do so, so then ext time when you play commander, you will feel sympathetic for those guys that are in something like your situation, and give them a vehicle drop, and same with when a tank capping a flag needs supplys or stuff like that.
      That's exactly what I'm talking about mate
      Only on the field can you gain this experience. As a commander I will also often drop a vehicle for my teammates without them requesting it. It was something I got to apreciate very much when I just capped a flag with 2 or three squadmates, then was able to escape incoming artillery, and the armor batallion trying to clean us out because the commander has thought ahead, and first warned us then gave us a fast way out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
        That's exactly what I'm talking about mate
        Only on the field can you gain this experience. As a commander I will also often drop a vehicle for my teammates without them requesting it. It was something I got to apreciate very much when I just capped a flag with 2 or three squadmates, then was able to escape incoming artillery, and the armor batallion trying to clean us out because the commander has thought ahead, and first warned us then gave us a fast way out.
        Yea, good commanders must have commanding experience, and a nice squad based infantary experience.

Comment

Sometimes commanding requires you to make a decision for the good of the team and stick it out.

Once in a while two squads will request UAV's in two different area. I usually give it to the squad with the most enemies near a critical part of the overall battle. You may not always get the UAV or supply but that is the way it is.

One method Ive learned that really helps the team is "Supply Drop"

Squad Leader out of ammo, capping base hammering Request supply drop desperately.

Simply typing the estimated reload time left before supply is ready really calms em down.

Watching for individual players screaming "Out of Ammo" while flashing various colors on the map sometimes merits a supply box to get them to stop spamming the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
            How else do you learn to be a good commander?!?

Actually command people.
            Like when pilots say you've got to earn your wings? Squad member -> squad leader -> commander.

People will listen to a guy who they've FOUGHT with before.

Comment

Originally posted by deviousbf2
              You got any tips to help me find out how to be a commander if I'm a corporal. It's so hard to be a commander when you have a lower rank than others!

PLZ reply

How do you get to be a commander in multiplay?
              Just ask the current commander if you can take it.
              Play on a good clan server and ask if it's cool there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                remember a few months ago when nobody wanted to be commander b/c of the commander exploit and they were afraid it would happen to them and it would get there stats erased. hell even mentioning the CE at the time got me banned for a day lol
                I commanded throughout that time.. we never had anyone experience the glitch.

Comment

its not that bad. ina all the games ive played as commander, ive only been forced to resign twice. all of my other resignations were simply because i was bored and go out and fight. now the HARD part is getting really good at.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                    Like when pilots say you've got to earn your wings? Squad member -> squad leader -> commander.

People will listen to a guy who they've FOUGHT with before.
                    Yeah agreed. In public servers your always going to get your complaints anyway. I'm pretty sure I've commanded you alot..

Comment

i dont really like commanding but i guess im not really into the whole staying away from the action and stuff like that

Comment

Lower ranked nubs shouldn't be allowed to command anyways, thats why I like it the way it is. The player that earned his rank should always get command over you little pfc,corprals, sgts, and Staff Sgts.

Comment

dont be an ignorant snob,commnder is a job ur either good at or ur not,doesnt matter on ur rank w,while igher players should get those priviliges first but just because there a pfc doesnt mean there horible right away.

Comment

People yell at you a lot when you're a commander... and it sucks even worse when your sound card doesn't work ><

Comment

Originally posted by Kae-Nine
                              People yell at you a lot when you're a commander... and it sucks even worse when your sound card doesn't work ><
                              Yea, i get tha ta lot, mostly from the commander wannabes that wanted to be commander, and then for no reason they start a mutiny, but it fails.

Comment

LOL and you're trying to command running the game on an ATARI 800!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X