Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another way to milk the cow? Go EA

Originally posted by grena
    I didnĀ“t know that we could use an image.

EA and Dice condone this kind of image if we have a legal copy?
    You're legally entitled to make yourself a full backup, then again you might be violating the DMCA by bypassing copy protection so who knows. I don't see why EA/DICE would care since you aren't making them lose money.

Comment

I keep my cd's in a Napster cd case. I also use a mini image. The only time I use the disks are to install.

Comment

OMG, another EA is taking all your money thread. People will try to blame EA/DICE for everything. Wake up people! There are about 1.2 gazillion of those exact style cases being used by many many other companies and people all around the world without incident. How hard is it to figure out how to use the simple mechanism that consists of 2 plastics levers? Monkeys could figure it out without breaking the discs. The guy who wrote the article should be beaten with the DVD cases till he passes out.

Comment

All I get when i click that link:

Sorry! The Requested Page was not Found!

Dear Visitor. The page you requested couldn't be found - If you followed a link from another Website please inform their Webmaster. If you happen to get this message while browsing Tom's Hardware Guide please inform the Webmaster of Tom's Hardware Guide.

Please check the URL in the address field of your browser. All pages end with .html, maybe it is .htm. You might want to use the Search Engine to find what you are looking for.

You might want to check the Historical Archive. Here you can find all articles in a chronological order.

Comment

Originally posted by King_Nesto
            this article is sad
            your avatar is sad tehehe :laugh: just kidding

Comment

All you need is your cd key everything else u need can be found online.

Comment

my bf2 disc is broke, and i phones up Ea

Ā£10 for a replacement. screw that, im using a minimage miniman uses a minimage

Comment

Originally posted by Miniman
                  my bf2 disc is broke, and i phones up Ea

Ā£10 for a replacement. screw that, im using a minimage miniman uses a minimage

why should EA pay for your broken disc? Did they come to your house and break it?

Comment

If he'd just used a mini image he wouldn't have had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by vrus
                      Instead of typing up a three page article, the author could have googled for a mini-image . Talk about complaining of anything these days.
                      the mini-image isn't going to do sh*t for him if the next patch breaks his game and he needs to do a clean install.

not like EA would ever release a patch that doesn't f*ck someones game install up :laugh:

Comment

The solution, is to make the client free to download, but you pay for your account (username/password), to play.

MMORPGs like Lineage 2 and EVE Online already do that.

That means if you want to play Singleplayer, CO-OP, or a LAN game you would still need to log into your account.

The problem with this model is that companies usually make it a subscription (monthy/yearly), fee instead of a fixed price.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                          The solution, is to make the client free to download, but you pay for your account (username/password), to play.

MMORPGs like Lineage 2 and EVE Online already do that.

That means if you want to play Singleplayer, CO-OP, or a LAN game you would still need to log into your account.

The problem with this model is that companies usually make it a subscription (monthy/yearly), fee instead of a fixed price.
                          Or it could be like the system valve uses, it ties your cd-key to a steam account, all you have to do is log in to access and download/play all of your purchased games.

Comment

I guess i'm in the minority that still likes going to the store and buying a hardcopy.

Comment

Originally posted by wootoow
                              I guess i'm in the minority that still likes going to the store and buying a hardcopy.
                              I still like to do that too, I just like to know that if I mangle my discs (which is almost guaranteed) it won't matter because I can just redownload the whole game.

Comment

there's not a gaming company out there that's worth a ****. look at the patch that caused all these problems. how can a company put something out like that without testing it first? you can't tell me they did any kind of testing, or they did and just didn't care that they had all the crash problems. novalogic was another classic one for this. they would put out a game with so many glitches you couldn't play it. then to fix the problem they would put out a new game for everyone to buy. instead of putting out 4 or 5 expansion packs try fixing ALL the problems first. This is why I really don't feel back for these guys when I hear about people downloading games for free on those P2P programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X