Most system intense game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most system intense game

Oblivion, no contest. Absolutely nothing is as demanding as Oblivion.

To quote AnandTech:

The fact of the matter is that Oblivion is the most stressful game we've ever encountered, taking the crown away from F.E.A.R. as something that simply doesn't run well on anything. Obtaining good performance under Oblivion is so hard that a number of optimization guides have popped up helping users do whatever it takes to make the game playable.

Comment

To quote mah ****:

Im always right

(im probably gonna delete this post soon )

Comment

fear, graw, oblivion,

and i can max them all

7900gt:salute:
        2gigs ram:salute:
        amd 64 3200 :salute:

Comment

Oblivion for sure. I also think Prey was pretty demanding, got a pretty good framerate overall, but the detail in the bar at the start of the demo was very impressive.

I'd chuck in Day of Defeat: Source with HDR and other setting on high. Looks incredible too.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
            BF2 is soooo much more demanding than BOTH of source engines. Half Life 2 (source engine) was beautifully coded, and even an nvidia MX 420 with 64mb of memory can play it at decent settings.
            Your saying that the most updated source engine(dod and ep.1) with hdr is more demanding thatn bf2? idk man, idk. Half life 2 can run on older cards partyly because its an older game(2 years), it doesnt have to load a 2 km square map like bf2, and Valve wanted to make the optimize the game so that it would be very playable to an audience with lower level systems
            . And lol, i use to have an MX420. those were the bf1942 days

COD 2 like I said, I can play more smoothly on my crappy lappy than BF2. Think about it, if COD2 and Source were more demanding than BF2, there wouldnt be a "can this system run bf2" or "can my computer run it" or "what settings do you think i can run it at with this 1500$ rig" threads every day.
            Well, all the "can i run this threads" are partly because this forums is one of the most popular and active forums for a game i have ever seen. And you have to admit, BF2 is a game filled with many "noobs" persay. People like little Tommy Smith, who walks into Walmart with his mom, sees BF2 for pc sitting there, and says " Cool! and Army man game!!!" Then he goes home and tries to play it on the family Emachines. I dont know why all those "can i run this?" threads exist, because all the people have to do is download the freaking demo and find out for themselves.

bf2 instead of crushing your FPS, has gigantic system requirements to get decent framrates with decent settings.
            games like FEAR and COD2 have pretty good requirements, but even with the required card uyour fps sucks.
            The thing about BF2 is that is a very small window of performance requirements. I could have a comp with 256mb ram, P3, and a 128mb 6200. I wouldnt be able to play bf2 at all, but i could play css on low to medium.
            But then, i could have 2 gigs of ram, P4, and a 7600gt, and run bf2 everything maxed, but in say, Episode 1, id have to turn down either hdr or fps to have decent fps. if that makes any sense

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
              Your saying that the most updated source engine(dod and ep.1) with hdr is more demanding thatn bf2? idk man, idk. Half life 2 can run on older cards partyly because its an older game(2 years), it doesnt have to load a 2 km square map like bf2, and Valve wanted to make the optimize the game so that it would be very playable to an audience with lower level systems
              . And lol, i use to have an MX420. those were the bf1942 days

Well, all the "can i run this threads" are partly because this forums is one of the most popular and active forums for a game i have ever seen. And you have to admit, BF2 is a game filled with many "noobs" persay. People like little Tommy Smith, who walks into Walmart with his mom, sees BF2 for pc sitting there, and says " Cool! and Army man game!!!" Then he goes home and tries to play it on the family Emachines. I dont know why all those "can i run this?" threads exist, because all the people have to do is download the freaking demo and find out for themselves.

The thing about BF2 is that is a very small window of performance requirements. I could have a comp with 256mb ram, P3, and a 128mb 6200. I wouldnt be able to play bf2 at all, but i could play css on low to medium.
              But then, i could have 2 gigs of ram, P4, and a 7600gt, and run bf2 everything maxed, but in say, Episode 1, id have to turn down either hdr or fps to have decent fps. if that makes any sense

umm , other than the COD2 thing, you sorta agreed with me.

but for the source, I said that Source was easy to play, and BF2 was harder. I think you somehow misread it, I said what you said.
              and i said what you said for bf2. i think you misread a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                Dont forget COD2. That game slow bad once aa goes on
                Actually, i played that on the highest settings and it handeld over 60FPS>

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. BOBSONATOR025
                  Actually, i played that on the highest settings and it handeld over 60FPS>
                  So your saying you had aa at x8 with the highest resolution and you had over 60fps? with an x800?? am i missing something Why am i having such a hard time believing that

Comment

Oblivion gets my vote, I get a max of 30 FPS for me

Comment

Working...
                    X