Most system intense game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most system intense game

What do you think the most intensive game on system resources is right now? BF2 is not very intense on my system, it really only uses RAM and Graphics Card power. My vote goes to Flight Simulator 2004. The game may have really low minimum requirements, but the graphics when this game is running at all high settings and with outstanding add ons really does look amazing.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1150497656

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1151125437

The game requires an enormous amount of CPU, graphics, and RAM, and does my system in when I play it. I have heard Fear also takes alot of graphics power, but I think that Flight Simulator when tweaked can be one of the most intensive but best graphically looking games. What do you guys think are intensive on systems?

Re: Most system intense game

Graw
    Oblivion
    Lomac
    Falcon 4.0

All cpu & gpu intensive games.

Comment

Originally posted by wootoow
      Graw
      Oblivion
      Lomac
      Falcon 4.0

All cpu & gpu intensive games.
      You forgot F.e.a.r.

That game can bring a high end rig to its knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
        You forgot F.e.a.r.

Well, not exactly forgot it, i just dont have it. I've heard others say its demanding but i like to not make judgements by hearsay.

Comment

Dont forget COD2. That game slow bad once aa goes on

Comment

You forgot F.e.a.r.

Really? Wierd. The demo didn't seem to be too demanding even on my 2.66ghz P4, 1.5GB, and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. THat isn't that great of a system. Low-Med graphics on BF2. I ran FEAR pretty damn good though and at 1280x1024.

Comment

Originally posted by solodude23
              Really? Wierd. The demo didn't seem to be too demanding even on my 2.66ghz P4, 1.5GB, and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. THat isn't that great of a system. Low-Med graphics on BF2. I ran FEAR pretty damn good though and at 1280x1024.
              I dare you to enable soft shadows.

Comment

I have all the computer and video card settings at maximum, with no aa and af forced at x8. But the res is 1024x768 And yes, lol soft shadows f***** up my fps so bad. They look great though

Comment

So its soft shadows that effs everything up. The rest of it obviously isn't too demanding...at least on my..crappy..estup.

Comment

1.GRAW: On high settings with 2xaa and stuff it CRUSHED my computer.
                    2.Oblivion: Need I say more?
                    3. FEAR: depending on the settings, my computer can handle it alright for the most part but it is definitly a system crusher (btw i cant tell difference in gfx with soft-shadows on but i turn it on anyway lol), its RIGHT under GRAW and Oblivion in crushness.
                    4. Bf2 depends, its not the same as these other ones, its sort of in its own league but its still should be up there.

COD2 isnt really that intensive, my p4 3.0ghz, 512mb ram, mobility 9600pro laptop can handle it flawlessly, and my laptop can barley run AIM .

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
                      4. Bf2 depends, its not the same as these other ones, its sort of in its own league but its still should be up there.
                      COD2 isnt really that intensive, my p4 3.0ghz, 512mb ram, mobility 9600pro laptop can handle it flawlessly, and my laptop can barley run AIM .
                      I think bf2 is one of the not so demanding games, probably imbetween the two source engines(w/hdr and w/ out). I run all high, aa and af, 1280x1024, and get a decent 60-70 fps.
                      COD2 i think is demanding. Mostly because each stepup in resolution practically cuts the fps in half. And theres no way that laptop you run COD2 with settings even at medium w/dx9 and a decent resolution. At least i hope not, because my old comp could barely do it with DX9 on

Comment

I put my vote in for F.E.A.R.

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                          I think bf2 is one of the not so demanding games, probably imbetween the two source engines(w/hdr and w/ out). I run all high, aa and af, 1280x1024, and get a decent 60-70 fps.
                          COD2 i think is demanding. Mostly because each stepup in resolution practically cuts the fps in half. And theres no way that laptop you run COD2 with settings even at medium w/dx9 and a decent resolution. At least i hope not, because my old comp could barely do it with DX9 on
                          I have to agree here. BF2 is one of the lesser demanding games compared to the newer system drainers listed above.

Comment

BF2 because I can run anygame period FEAR DOOM 3 HL2 maxed out and get 100+ fps at 1280x1024 but BF2 on the otehr hand I run it maxed out and get 80-90FPS

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                              BF2 is soooo much more demanding than BOTH of source engines. Half Life 2 (source engine) was beautifully coded, and even an nvidia MX 420 with 64mb of memory can play it at decent settings.

COD 2 like I said, I can play more smoothly on my crappy lappy than BF2.
                              Think about it, if COD2 and Source were more demanding than BF2, there wouldnt be a "can this system run bf2" or "can my computer run it" or "what settings do you think i can run it at with this 1500$ rig" threads every day.

I barely see those kinds of threads in FEAR forums.
                              The thing about bf2 that i meant it was "different" was:
                              bf2 instead of crushing your FPS, has gigantic system requirements to get decent framrates with decent settings.
                              games like FEAR and COD2 have pretty good requirements, but even with the required card uyour fps sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X