Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commander's Guide to Vehicle Dropping

Originally posted by davelisowski
    Personally, I haven't seen too much of a problem with cartillery. Sure it has happened to me before, but it's nothing that has "ruined" the game. Cartillery seems like fad more than a tactic.
    Yeah, I think in a couple of months, we'll all giggle about the halcyon days of "Cartillary" - it was kinda interesting (and a bit of vile fun) while it lasted.

I still remember being the spec-ops guy almost a year ago and being amazed at artillery pieces healing themselves! I thought the supply crate was meant for me! Since then, I've no shame in dropping a crate near the UAV trailer. Nobody seems to mind this. Cartillary is just the antithesis of a magic box that fixes emplacements.

So, yeah, when tactically prudent, I use it.

Comment

13. Have a squad set up determined to ruin the round for the U.S. Get them to fly in to the carrier on a transport, and when they land, drop a vehicle for them. We did this one round with 2 FAVS and 6 guys just driving up and down the carrier mowing down the U.S., and even more guys picked them off and sniped them from the carrier towers, with J10 bombs raining down. Good times, but I think about half the USMC team quit lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
        Any tactic is VALID in BF2... Wargimp, I'm with you on this. You whiners, it's not EVEN close to being a hack or you want to call it. The mentality is... do what it takes without cheating to win the match. Dropping vehicles on enemies is not cheating... it's like dropping arty on people. It's part of the game.. deal with it. Whiners...
        Of course were whining your ruining the game and doing w/e it takes to gain an advantage to win because you would get owned if it was all fair. It's actually kinda sad.

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
          13. Have a squad set up determined to ruin the round for the U.S. Get them to fly in to the carrier on a transport, and when they land, drop a vehicle for them. We did this one round with 2 FAVS and 6 guys just driving up and down the carrier mowing down the U.S., and even more guys picked them off and sniped them from the carrier towers, with J10 bombs raining down. Good times, but I think about half the USMC team quit lol.
          It would serve the USMC team right if they can't stop plane camping long enough to deal with that transport load of badguys. It's really not that hard to kill a single jeep on a flightdeck...

Provided uncap attacking isn't against the server's rules, sounds like a great way to own a bunch of noobs.

Hopefully they'd learn from the expirence.

Comment

Originally posted by tw1g
            Of course were whining your ruining the game and doing w/e it takes to gain an advantage to win because you would get owned if it was all fair. It's actually kinda sad.
            Playing the game within the rules that's it's made isn't ruining the game... it's the whiners who cry about everything... because THEY get owned by it.

WAAAAA I got crushed by a car.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
              also, a well positioned vehicle drop can block snipers attack againtest flag capping members and follow that with a supply for heal and ammo.
              An excellent point! A vehicle can block a sniper's shot while your team is capping a flag.

Comment

i reall y dont like when a coammnder decides to be a noob and drop a vehicle on me.

Comment

Working...
                X