Anti-Tank Addicts Anonymous Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Tank Addicts Anonymous Meeting

My handle is Mavlyn, and I have an AT problem.

It's a bit of trouble, you see. I mean, I spawn in as Anti-Tank, thinking, "Hey, I'll help my squad by defending them against big mean tanks!" And I really want to do that! I like being the matador, staring down the barrel of a 120mm Smoothbore and winning.

(Okay, not so much staring down all manly-like. It's really more like jumping up like a retarded jack-in-the box and slamming them in the tailpipe, giggling, running away, rinse, repeat, but the other way sounds so much cooler. Anyhow...)

So I like to be helpful, and fulfill my role.

But I have a problem. I generally don't see tanks and APCs, and even HMMWVs and Vodniks are uncommon. No, I mostly see infantry.

And I know I have a shotgun and a pistol for that. And I know they work.

But I've got a rocket launcher.

The mere knowledge of the fact that I possess such a weapon makes my mind fuzzy. My logic gets all screwy, and the appropriateness of a weapon gets mucked up.

TANK? ---> SRAW!
    APC? ---> SRAW!
    Vodnik?---> SRAW!
    Helo? ---> SRAW!
    Person?---> SRAW!
    Birds? ---> SRAW!

I even feel tempted to pound rockets into rolling grenades.

I know this makes people angry, I know that it's not an appropriate weapon, and people often try to nicely inform me of this via global chat:

Code:
    [COLOR=red]GODDAMMITYOUEFFINGNOOBSNIPING*******!!!11!!one!![/COLOR]
    Sniper on a hill? ROCKET! Running Assault? ROCKET! Medic reviving a buddy? ROCKETS AND GIGGLES!

I can't help it anymore. I shoot the people out of vehicles, not the vehicles themselves, I clear rooms with the SRAW, I snipe with the Eryx. I love it. My DAO-12 comes out when I need it, sure... but there's nothing like knowing that you blew some poor SOB clean into the spawn menu with no chance of revive. And there's nothing like knowing that he's blowing a gasket because you did it with an AT rocket.

Here's to AT, the best kit "EVAR!". Kills troops, kills choppers, kills tanks. It is the ultimate team class, weak on its own and devastating in a squad. So yes, I have an AT problem. I need my rockets and shottie. And when you're facing down that T-90, remember, me and my mates are here to back you up, so spot it, call it on VOIP, and wait for the rolling thunder!

Let's hear a shout out from my AT peeps! ROCKETS AND SHOTTIES FOR THE WIN!

Mavlyn

Re: Anti-Tank Addicts Anonymous Meeting

Sorry to inform you marvyn this is the asshats anonymous forums, If you exit the door go to the right 3 doors down is the AT anonymous forums

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck
      Sorry to inform you marvyn this is the asshats anonymous forums, If you exit the door go to the right 3 doors down is the AT anonymous forums
      Durn. Well, at least check my pic!

Comment

Rockets definately have their place... but the temptation to abuse them like the m203 exists unfortunately. It's hard to judge this weapon against moving infantry however as it's very hard to track troops on the move.

Comment

someone say my name?!?!?!?!?!?! O_O;

Comment

I really enjoyed reading that, And IF i'm in a ANTI TANK MOOD.. I will kill everything with it to..i have a screenshot where i kill 3 with 1 SRAW was hella funny..

Comment

Recently, my default kit selection has become AT. I'll pick up a medic kit (or whatever suits the situation) when I run out of rockets.

I too like to use the rockets for all types of killing.

Remember it is wrong for the opponent to think that they get to choose how they die!

Comment

Originally posted by -=[T.O.K]=-D_Twi
                I really enjoyed reading that, And IF i'm in a ANTI TANK MOOD.. I will kill everything with it to..i have a screenshot where i kill 3 with 1 SRAW was hella funny..

Completly offtopic but how did you get the '+ 2 bonus' ? Is it a mod? Isn't punkbuster against that stuff?

Comment

I love killing attack choppers with SRAW! Last night I killed twice the same guy in his chopper. Of course, he killed me more…
                  But I took my sweet revenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
                    Completly offtopic but how did you get the '+ 2 bonus' ? Is it a mod? Isn't punkbuster against that stuff?
                    Its custom Localization Files. Totally kosher - take a look at the stickys, theres a thread about it.

Comment

Nothing is more satisfying than killing a vodnik full of infantry with your AT. Especially the kill you get from splash damage when the vodnik explodes and gets the guy who jumped out and thought he was safe.
                      I love AT. I will go after lone snipers at long range with it, and kill guys in an AA position once in a while. The weapon I use just depends on the situation. Short range, P90, long range AT.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRaves
                        Its custom Localization Files. Totally kosher - take a look at the stickys, theres a thread about it.
                        'Having Fun with the Localization Files (v1.3)'

Mmmm yes I am blind :P, cheers bud.

Comment

I have 100+ hours in every kit...

Except ~75 in assault, and then ~35 in AT

I am dreading playing AT... I suck so much with that kit..

Comment

AT is like bread and butter. Best thing on the planet. You got a 1 hit non-revivable cannon and it can blow up a tank. I mean how damn cool is that. Then theres the DAO, I freakin love that thing it's fast as hell and it has 12 rounds of shotty goodness. I too love AT.

Comment

Just good like finding someone to resupply you, all the kids that have joined the game thanks to pizza huts meal deal are too dumb to figure out that support guys can resupply other people..

Comment

Working...
                              X