should i buy a joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: should i buy a joystick?

It's definitely worth it, I'd say. Joystick for jets, mouse/board for helis. Find a nice cheap one for a tenner, don't go mad and purchase one with 473 buttons and laser-guided streamlined features and Quantum polarity reversers at £70,000.

For one it saves you dragging the mouse off the sodding pad all the while.

Incidentally, I wish a joystick was called something other than a joystick. I mean, ugh, a joy.. stick. I can tell you from experience, being blasted to buggery by a J10 isn't particularly laden with joy.

Comment

Any recommendations for the best joystick? I've been reading about the logitech extreme3d and the cyber evo (although most say it will die and start drifting after a month)

Comment

Originally posted by mooboy
        Any recommendations for the best joystick? I've been reading about the logitech extreme3d and the cyber evo (although most say it will die and start drifting after a month)
        Get a cheap and simple one for a first stick, so you wont break them that fast.

Logitech 3D is great, but VERY stiff...

Comment

I would definatly invest in it. I just switched from a Joypad to the Microsoft Sidewinder and it's sooooooo much better. The thing you should be sure to look for though if you do do it is throtle control, otherwise you'll always have to have your hand on one button to keep yourself in the air.

Comment

I use the joystick of exclusively for chopper / jet. I really think that how good you become is upto you, not your gear. there are a thousand jet pilots that can own me with a keyboard, but I think that the absolute top tier pilots would all use a joystick.

I have the saitek cyborg evo, which seems to be a common choice. It fairly cheap, and i enjoy it.

Not to mention if you ever wanna buy a flight sim game or something else then you always have it. Its not like the USB port is on the way of extinction.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I used to fly with keyboard, got pretty good at it. But I always wanted to buy a joystick.

I went and bought one. At first it was hard to get used to it, obvously, it's a new thing, new way of flying, it takes time to get used to it. But you will and never look back at flying with keyboard.

It's not hard to set up, at all.

Yes, you should buy a joystick.

Comment

Working...
              X