X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The US Essex range

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    Don't fly the J-10 and you wont have that problem :laugh:

Don't rape the carrier, and you will lower your chances even more!

If ANYTHING... they need to make that **** even MORE powerful, and give it more range, with more missles..

Yeah i agree the carrier is like the only thing that can take down those bloody J 10's

Long live the USS Essex

Comment

definatley under powered. The real version known as CIWS (close in weapon system) shoots depleated uranium 20MM rounds and is computer controlled. For those who have been in the Navy it was also called R2D2 with a hardon. The real CIWS could also shoot down missles that were launched by aircraft. This thing can shoot a bird out of the sky The real missle system was controlled by Fire Control Techinicans and was accompanied with its own radar for air targets. Together they provided very effective defense against aircraft and incoming missles.

Also the ship is not a carrier but an LHD class ship or Gator Freighter. I served on USS Bataan LHD-5 based out of Norfolk, VA. The Essex is harbored out of San Diego. Odd number ships are east coast and even number are west coast. The aircraft and ships insides are fairly accurate to the real ship. Only thing that is missing are the LCAC's or the Navy's hover craft. The real ship can fit 3 of them in the welldeck. Truly and awesome sight to see those in action.

Comment

flying a J-10 and your complaing?
        It probably missed the other J-10, (always does that) and hit you across the map(lucky essex), stop flying the noob plane and try the pro jet - F-35b, ftw!

Comment

pro f35 you mean that plane that sucks yea pro plane sure, im a good pilot when i fly i can stay up in the air for ages getting kills in the f18/j10/mig, but the f35 sucks big time, and me staying up in the air for ages means i dont go anywhere near the carrier. it was just on that one fateful day it shot me down from a stupid distance.

Comment

Originally posted by venny
            x2 :P
            You must be those noobs that cry because they get shot down ever time they try to fly?

Comment

I agree. Both the missiles and the gun need more power. If you are commander, constantly use scan to pick up those fast moving blips and be ready for them with the gun, you can shoot them down in a heartbeat but often you don't know where they are coming from. Get rid of that advantage. Use the forward guns on the control tower, they often seem to be forgotten. You want the J10 wh0re to think it's the rear guns shooting. Really, the minigun is powerful enough (barely). It's the missiles that need more range and the guns need like someone said a UAV for aircraft.

Comment

the range is fine. it stops people raping the carrier so why not try not raping the carrier???

Comment

forget it it is good as it is now...

Comment

Essex definately needs a buff. A fun thing to do on Dalian though is to go to the foward station and lay down fire on the flags on shore. If you line it up just right, you can kill infantry 1050m away.

Comment

Originally posted by TrenchDigger
                      definatley under powered. The real version known as CIWS (close in weapon system) shoots depleated uranium 20MM rounds and is computer controlled. For those who have been in the Navy it was also called R2D2 with a hardon. The real CIWS could also shoot down missles that were launched by aircraft. This thing can shoot a bird out of the sky The real missle system was controlled by Fire Control Techinicans and was accompanied with its own radar for air targets. Together they provided very effective defense against aircraft and incoming missles.

Also the ship is not a carrier but an LHD class ship or Gator Freighter. I served on USS Bataan LHD-5 based out of Norfolk, VA. The Essex is harbored out of San Diego. Odd number ships are east coast and even number are west coast. The aircraft and ships insides are fairly accurate to the real ship. Only thing that is missing are the LCAC's or the Navy's hover craft. The real ship can fit 3 of them in the welldeck. Truly and awesome sight to see those in action.
                      I once heard a rumour, when they were first testing them, they would take down seagulls, and keep firing until the corpses hit the water. I`m guessing they had em tweaked

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                        You must be those noobs that cry because they get shot down ever time they try to fly?

i'd woop your ass in a jet:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by BloodHound
                          Is anyone botherd about the range of the US Essex, its pathetic, i got past south base and it still shot me down with a missle lock. if there's one thing they need to change its that decrease the range.
                          I was playing Oman yesterday manning the Essex gun when I saw an enemy MiG in the distance. I got lock, fired 4 missiles which took him out. I don't know exactly how far he was from the carrier but he was on the very edge of my sight. I could barely see him but I did have lock so I guess that was good enough. The next thing I see on screen is him typing "BAN JONES HES A HACKER USING AIMBOTS!" I was ROTFLMAO.

The funny thing is, though, the Essex gun can rip a MiG to shreds but when a chopper comes by it takes twice as many bullets and missiles to take them down. That slow Mec transport chopper people use to sneak up on the carrier is actually much harder to take out that a stinking MiG.

Originally posted by TrenchDigger
                          AKA Phalanx.

Originally posted by BurningMonkeyFur
                          The Essex needs it's ranged beefed up, I think, many a times I've been obliterated by the J10's cannons way before I can see them, and yet the J10's bombing mode shows us plump little squares from a mile away.
                          What it needs is the ability to take out APCs. It's a friggin joke when an APC takes you out with one TOW shot while you empty your entire magazine on it to no avail.

Originally posted by sithdemon
                          This is my AA tip and tricks.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78463

For the essex AA this is what I suggest.

"For the carrier AA:

A) there are TWO of them on most maps, use them in tanddem, and the carrier is practicly impervious to planes, unless there are 2 uber pilots, and take out both in one sweep.
                          Unfortunately the geniuses at DICE decided to place the fore gun next to part of the ship's towers so it's FOV is limited. The blind side that is blocked is also the side most jets come from so often times the fore gun is useless.

Comment

well, dice is jus not that clever at making things that work right? like 1.3 perhaps?

Comment

yea i can see that

Comment

My Sole purpose in life is to Take out J-10s and CHinese Choppers, I play Battlefiled for the Reason to Kill J-10s, Nothing gives me more pleasure. I sit in teh ESSEX for hours at a time, picking on the J-10s. I will do it forever, as my teammates will invade the mainland. I do it for a purpose, i do it for passion

Comment

Working...
                                X