No announcement yet.

Name Edit, Will Dice Make that Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Edit, Will Dice Make that Option?

Im sure there are thousands of players that would love to have the option to change their name, so why doesn't Dice/EA do something about that?

I would love to change my Players name cause when I started the game I was with one clan then went to another. That is the only thing I wish the developers would add to the game.

Re: Name Edit, Will Dice Make that Option?

I heard they're doing it in 2142, not sure if they're implement it in BF2 though.

Comment

I think they could and just record everythign by the PID number in terms of stats.

Comment

I seriously hope they dont implement a change to the no name change rule. It forces players to think about how they're playing. If they knew they could act the fool, cause grief, disrupt other peoples games and then go change their names, they would. The way it is now forces people to be wary of their actions cause you know your name will be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by wootoow
          I seriously hope they dont implement a change to the no name change rule. It forces players to think about how they're playing. If they knew they could act the fool, cause grief, disrupt other peoples games and then go change their names, they would. The way it is now forces people to be wary of their actions cause you know your name will be remembered.
          I can understand that. I would imply that you have limit in names though. Say maybe 3 names for PID. Also have stat trackers find out each players IDs.

Comment

that would be awesome

Comment

I hope they don't. Why would you want to hide?! Been up to somethingbad and want to change your name?! haha... NO! Leave it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilo-II
                I hope they don't. Why would you want to hide?! Been up to somethingbad and want to change your name?! haha... NO! Leave it as it is.
                LOL one of them might be Phen0m...? :laugh:

Comment

NOP........ im in the pro camp this is something iv wanted for ages. & the annoying thing is lots of players in the community have wanted this.& in truth it should have been an option from the start

Comment

I for one am glad that you cannot change your name. It's a lot easier to keep tabs on certain people that enjoy ruining public servers, asshats and cheaters. Besides what would all the people that get off on reporting abusive admins and "cheaters" do then? How would they report those people if their names were able to be change so easily?

Comment

It would be nice if it was like America's Army where you have a profile name that you login with and keep your stats on but you can have your in game name be whatever after it's been approved a day later or so.

Comment

No actually I was in a clan that disbanded...

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham

This is why I've not made a new profile for my clan. I don't want to start over. I say leave it as is there are more important things to fix.

Comment

I entered my Clan tag with my name thats why, I was under the impression this could be changed... quite silly actually when all other game for the BF series implement it and future ones as well.

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                            I for one am glad that you cannot change your name. It's a lot easier to keep tabs on certain people that enjoy ruining public servers, asshats and cheaters. Besides what would all the people that get off on reporting abusive admins and "cheaters" do then? How would they report those people if their names were able to be change so easily?
                            Their GUID or PID. Done in all other games you ban that ID tag, viola!

Too bad for you, next time use a pre-fix.
                            Prefix was an afterthought came out in a patch

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
                              Too bad for you, next time use a pre-fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X