[BF2] Medic Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BF2] Medic Guide

Intro - I wrote this Guide about 2 or so months back for the gaming community I am apart of (2 64 ranked servers with a 32 man fun server for AF, PRMM, or special requests) I got a ton of feedback and would like to share it with another audience. so without further ado...

I've been thinking about how Medics are viewed in the BF2 community, and I wanted to create a "guideline" for Medics to not be point whores and to also help your team properly IMO, i.e. be a team player. This is by no means a requirement nor exactly what I do every round (Yall know I love to fly!)

First - Awarness
    Be aware of what is happening around you - duh everyone has to do that, but I'm talking about where you are and who just died. You're near a flag and you're the only one around and 2 teammates just died, you need to have grenades or your gun out, not your shock paddles! Also check to see how they died, infantry death = get in there and kill the enemy, armor = hide till flag is taken and then take back the flag, also try and spot out the armor for AT/other armor to come and kill it. Once you kill the enemy or see that hes not looking, only then revive your buddies.

Second - Revival Order of importance
    SQUAD LEADERS FIRST! Especially your SL, I hate it when a medic runs by me while I'm a dead SL and revives some random teammate! Squad mates are second most important, keeping your squad alive = more communication on enemy posistion and your squad will be in the area for action instead of dead and running back to the action. More squad mates alive and together = more kills and less tickets for the other team. Last is lone wolfs and other squads members, just help when you can.

Third - Health Packs
    Drop one health pack at high traffic intersections for any random teammate thats injured to get some health, remember not everyone is in squads and those lone wolfs need health too! Always keep one bag for yourself, if you're dead/injured how can you keep your team alive! When you fight someone and kill them, immediatly throw a bag against a wall on your posistion, then reload/revive or whatever your next step will be. You never know if you're going to see another medic come around the corner to revive your latest kill (yes! a 2Fer one special!). I run with my health pack out when I know snipers/sniPKMer can pick me off (open areas with no cover), I switch back to my weapon when entering combat areas, always be ready to fight!

Fourth - Weapons
    Only use grenades when you're working flag turns (defending or attacking) or when you are escaping from a squad (drop using quick right click for no power) Keep your pistol loaded, if you shot any rounds out of it, reload it when you have down time or running somewhere! If you have the $30 for special forces, GET IT! (yes you can stay away from the bar just one night to save that $30, if youre under 21, dont buy so much candy or whatever you spend it on) The G36E takes getting used to being a burst fire weapon, but well worth it for accuracy and damage. I dont play SF, I just use the weapon unlocks. Defib paddles are a weapon too, if you've just revived someone and an enemy goes prone next to you, hit em with it (i get ~3-4 a week) and nothing is better than seeing [W33T] KAStickboy [Shock Paddles] Deadguy (OWNED! haha sucka!)

Medic SL Tips -
    ALWAYS be the last one in on a flag, if there is one thing you take from this please let it be this! Tell your squadies to clear claymores and have your paddles out! Never be at the front of the pack! Hang back if you run into a large group of enemies and let them spawn on you while/after you flank the enemy! Keep those health packs on your men, esp those support kits since they are always prone. Dont instantly pull out your paddles everytime a squadie goes down, sometimes they just have to take a death or give it at least 4-5 seconds so the enemy thinks they are'nt going to be revived. Always keep that last Med pack for yourself and TALK TALK TALK TO YOUR SQUAD!

Reviving tips -
    Throw a bag on his body as you are running up, then revive, this helps him get away incase someone is still shooting his body.
    Since there is the Defib glitch, when I revive, I switch to medpack, then right back to defib. This helps with the glitch of not reloading and getting that "Clear!" 1600 times like some medics do!
    2 types of revivers out there - learn to work one or the other! There are the kneel and revivers(takes a bit of skill to do) but I personally prefer the dive at and revive. Either way you must keep moving and the moment you fire your paddles, get up! If you miss or your paddles glitch move and come back! You'll get waxed if you just lay there waiting to refire.
    If you see part of your dead buddy in a wall or on the flag, try once to get him up, if he doesn't get up, get your gun out cause he's a goner.
    If you see someone killed by [SRAW] or [ERYX] then don't bother getting the paddles out, even if you see thier body.

Random points of interest -
    Don't run across roads in Karkand (other high combat areas on city maps) to get one guy (most likely some sniper) for those 2 points, but if it is a squad across the way, you can risk keeping them alive and your flag safe by going and helping them out.
    Always try and keep your sprint around 50%, when running with your squad, only sprint as far as the short sprinters run. You can generally reach a dead guy at 30m and then run back another 30m if you keep 50% sprint. Also don't continuously sprint, do it in short bursts to conserve in case you run into trouble.
    While taking flags with your squad, drop 2 packs in a 3m radius of the flag and keep moving! If your attacked while in that flag zone you'll automatically pick up those packs while you are fighting (GODLIKE!)
    If you're running after someone that needs health or they are running toward you, learn to lead them with throwing the bag properly (don't throw it at their face/body). If they are running away from you (throw above and ahead of them so they run over it) If they are running towards you (throw the bag at YOUR feet) If they are oblivious to their health status, throw it to where they will see it or to where they will run over it.
    If you are hiding and the enemy knows you're around, don't toss a bag on the ground. Just hold it, cause it's a dead giveaway of your position.

This is how a medic should roll (IMO) and yes you will have a lot of team points, but you won't be just reviving, healing, and dying for those 1 and 2 points, instead you'll be getting 10-15 per death or more. If you're helping your squad in this way you will be positive contributor to the team instead of being viewed as a point whore! Take it or leave it but remember, you may hate medics, but they help win the round ; )

K A

Re: [BF2] Medic Guide

Well put.
    I've died a lot while a medic. I do like the 1st unlock weapon.

Comment

I like the idea of throwing down bags before reviving. Makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by IDontDoWeddings
        I like the idea of throwing down bags before reviving. Makes a lot of sense.
        Yea, it does, shoulda thought of that before.

Comment

2,400 heals...5,100 revives... I guessthis guy knows how to play a medic :-P

Comment

dude thats alot of good tips and i love the kit medic hence the name medic-asap so thanks for the good tips

Comment

thx for the tips, i tend to be the medic in my squad, as the rest of my m8s love assault and gunner, but i lovethe L85a1 adn G-36E.

adn the saying goes

medics win maps

Comment

Originally posted by kastickboy
                If you see part of your dead buddy in a wall or on the flag, try once to get him up, if he doesn't get up, get your gun out cause he's a goner.
                not always true.....if its safe to do so i have noticed you can throw medic packs at the body and it will sometimes knock the body out of the flag or wall and allow you to revive them. You can also revive the kit bag sometimes instead of the body....works good when the body falls off the top of a building but the kit is on top, just revive the kit and they pop back up on top of the building again Some people say you can't revive bodies sliding down hills....can be harder sometimes but you can lay down and revive from the direction the body is sliding from and if that won't work try reviving from the direction the body is sliding to. If it still wont work then revive the kit.

Also if you play like me who is always attacking flags and in the action then this is the order you should pick your guns as medic.

AK47/AK101
                G36E
                M16
                L85A1

if anyone says i'm wrong then compare thier assault rifles kills and deaths with mine

Comment

sliding bodies you can get, and it takes you lying down to get them. the best ones are when you are falling past them and you get them (hills on wake) im interested about someone being in a flag though and tossing a bag at them?

once again im not gonna start a discussion about weapon choice. I like the AK but the G36E all around is best, and i think its best to use one weapon all the time. End of discussion. Also this is an IMO guide so take what you want but dont start a "youre wrong because...". I wont listen to it. Thanks for the comments guys! hope something in here helps you out! leki im gonna try that throw a bag to get them out!

FYI - i am a SL that Attacks and Defends flags, gets in the middle of Gunfights and takes metal along with my squadmates, I dont whore points. Id rather go down blazing my rifle than running around like a sissy reviving everyone in sight instead of killing those one or two guys that killed your buddies. Remember Kill then Revive!

KA

Comment

Very nice guide! I have earned my Expert sniper (my favorite class), so now I am working on improving my medic skills, and trying not to become cannon fodder as I heal and revive my fellow team mates. (100hrs seems like for ever)

Well I will put your guide to use, and try to give the medic class justice, eventhough they are my favorite class to pickl off as a sniper.

Keep up the good work!

Kulamonster3

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
                      Very nice guide! I have earned my Expert sniper (my favorite class), so now I am working on improving my medic skills, and trying not to become cannon fodder as I heal and revive my fellow team mates. (100hrs seems like for ever)

Well I will put your guide to use, and try to give the medic class justice, eventhough they are my favorite class to pickl off as a sniper.

Keep up the good work!

Kulamonster3
                      Use L85A1 then

good for mid. range sniping

Comment

Originally posted by G916F9
                        Use L85A1 then

good for mid. range sniping
                        yeah but since hes used to going for head shots anyway the g36e is better at all ranges not zoomed, i kill other medics that are using the L85A1 95% of the time due to the power of the G36E. that and the full auto gets real inaccurate real quick losing your chance to get that last bullet on the enemy... i dont know how many times in a round i run up on someone and one burst kill them with the G36E aimed at the head...

KA

Comment

Second - Revival Order of importance
                          SQUAD LEADERS FIRST! Especially your SL,

how do i know who the squad leader is???

Comment

Originally posted by yehaaa7
                            how do i know who the squad leader is???
                            Bring up the kit/sqaud window; click squad; Find your squad; SL is at the top.

Is there a faster way?

Comment

great guide, I just switch to playing medic last week (from assault) because the latter had been nerfed and found I was a better medic anyway!. I switch mostly to try the unlock I grabbed and forgot. Well in short, its godly. The G36E is awsome if used properly. I keep it in burst mostly because of it's utterly miniscule recoil deviation and sheer accuracy at all but the most extreme distances, I also prefer controlled fire as opposed to full auto due to how fast accuracy detoriorates in full auto and conservation of ammo if a support isn't around also 8/10 I end up killing folks who go full auto at the medium-short range grey area either because they burn through ammo and I get em reloading or becuase they simply fail to put enough rounds on me before I do them the honor. I mostly follow the guide as it stands because in all honesty I play the medic class for the weapon, but I revive when its a sure thing or I have a level of certainty that I can pull it off with both parties surviving. The only time I pull clutch revives is in tense fire fights where im caught with and empty mag. or I am at some sort of disadvantage that warrents it. To the point, its when me and a teammate are in a relativly open or close quarters place and cover isn't less than a split second away and were being fired at, but mostly in the latter CQB situation. I dive shock my downed teammate and dive for cover to realod or flank. With any luck he'll take one or all the OPFoR out or at the worst give them something else to shoot, In either situation I attempt to kill the enemy and get back to the revivee in time to heal/revive him.

P.S. In my short time of playing medic cassually ( 3 rounds or less every two days or so) I gained a nearly 500 kill gap in my KDA and started grossing almost double the points, since it took a dive when the GL and OICW took a nerf and I was near 1:1 KDA.

Comment

Working...
                              X