Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the reason of not making 64 player maps in single player?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the reason of not making 64 player maps in single player?...

I am playing BF2 for pretty long time but I prefer to play offline because I am not a hardcore gamer and I play games to entertain myself not to loose my nerves
    But there is one thing that I still don't understand - what is the reason of not implementing the possibility to play 32 and 64 player maps offline? Why do players and modders have to find a way themselves to make it work? I don't think it's so hard to make 'waypoints' (or whatever they call it) for bots. I installed BF264SP mod yesterday but it is not completely playable because many bots do not move from their places (e.g. on maps where you have to travel by air or water to get to land) and it gets VERY annoying to shout "Get in" without answer...

What do you think about it? Am I the only one who is interested in playing offline and pi**ed with this fact?

Re: What's the reason of not making 64 player maps in single player?...

It would be nice. From what I've read EA made them ship the game before it was complete so they never had the time or money to code single player games on 32 and 64 player maps.

Comment

Removed... it's helpful to read the entire post. Sorry.

Comment

Smaller maps = Easier to make waypoints for bots.

Less Work = Faster development

Faster Development = Earlier release date

Earlier Release date = Stream of money without anymore work.

Comment

Exactly, PBAsydney. But at least they made a step forward by making co-op in LAN play. But I guess they will never add such a functionality. They know that we have bought our copies of game and 'why should we do such a job if we will get no money for it'...

Comment

i think it has something to do with the bots

Comment

The idle/non-responsive bots appear to be a bug in the 1.3 patch. DICE has already been notified. Have not heard of a fix or update on this issue.

Comment

As far as I understand bots need some set of coordinates to move (lets call them waypoints), which describe where can they walk, where can they spawn, which are areas to attack/protect, etc. You can play normally on 16 player maps, everything is OK (at least was until 1.3) but when you play modded 32 or 64 map, which was not intended by the developers to be playable with bots, problems begin to arise. Bots can't find their way through the terrain. It can be seen in cases when they spawn 2-3 at a time in the same spawn point and keep running in circles on the same spot. Or if you say them 'Get in' they do not enter your vehicle until you get to them very closely. I think it means that they 'want' to enter your vehicle but simply 'do not know' the route, which can be used.

Comment

uhhhhhh yea ok

Comment

Maybe the bots are distracted by the avatar Morpheus uses? };>

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus
                      As far as I understand bots need some set of coordinates to move (lets call them waypoints), which describe where can they walk, where can they spawn, which are areas to attack/protect, etc. You can play normally on 16 player maps, everything is OK (at least was until 1.3) but when you play modded 32 or 64 map, which was not intended by the developers to be playable with bots, problems begin to arise. Bots can't find their way through the terrain. It can be seen in cases when they spawn 2-3 at a time in the same spawn point and keep running in circles on the same spot. Or if you say them 'Get in' they do not enter your vehicle until you get to them very closely. I think it means that they 'want' to enter your vehicle but simply 'do not know' the route, which can be used.
                      Incorrect.

All released 32 and 64 SP/Co-op maps have all been navmeshed to support bots. Waypoints are not required but recommended. The idle/non-responsive bot issue is because of the patch.

Visit the Single-Player forum for more info.

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...p?showforum=23

Comment

OK, my bad. It really seems that it is patch related. I just played 16 player maps with bots and it is the same. But not that often.

Off topic:
                        The only thing I noticed that is new after installing 1.3 is that I already had 4-5 exits to desktop Nice...

Comment

Morpheus' avatar for the win.

Comment

More bots lead to crashes. 16+ bots put a big load on a PC there for it's not recomended to play with 64 bots, most of the time your PC would crash after 32+.

Comment

Here's a shot of me and a some of my strange Coalition Force of British SAS, EU, MEC, MECSF, Russian Spetz, MEC Insurgents, and Chechen Rebels against MEC Insurgents on 64-bot Zatar.

Here's a shot of this same Coalition Force getting their *ass* handed to them on 64-bot Dalian Plant.

Comment

Working...
                              X