How can I gain the expert sniper badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can I gain the expert sniper badge

I dont think you should be able to get any infantry badge in a plane or chopper. I have a friend who does that. To get basic, veteren or expert combat badges should be limited to kit kills only, ie. rifle, pistol, clay ect. no planes, its cheap and I dont know how EA allows it.

Comment

many thanks to all who have given good advice. I am now practise shooting at the head in single player. I found that it is not that easy on long distance but, it can be done. I also mange to kill 15 tonight which is not bad only another 20 to go.

Anyway, thank u and I hope you all gain your badges and awards

Comment

I've been trying to get my Expert Sniper Badge for a few days now both using commander mode and ground pounding...I get the 35+ kills but no badge? I got over 100 hours and according to BF2S I can get it...any ideas?

Comment

I received my badge defending the hill on Mashtuur City, playing both sides. I would put a clay at the flag, and one inside the door at the guard tower. They hardly ever check the guard tower, what a concept, a guard in a guard tower.

I play a squad leader so I can try to get a box from the commander, to keep myself supplied with clays. You are also at a good angle to watch the artillery.

I get about 27 kills a game doing this, one night I got lucky and killed several Vodnicks full of men. Some with the clays, then grenades, and the rest with the rifle. That is how I got expert badge, you can always cheese it out by being commander or in a vehicle if you are having trouble.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Comment

If your having problems with head shots then go for the SVD or Type-88. It's quicker than the rifle - pistol combo (although i use that method a lot, the L96A1 is my favourite sniper rifle) 3 quick body shots and they're down. If you can get a mate who goes supply then claymores will be plentiful (also gives you the chance of veteran explosive too ) i've had over 40 kills in a round using the Type-88, need more hours though to get the expert

Comment

I got mine at Sharqi the other day, best for snipers if the chopper isn't buggin.

Comment

easy get the time you need,
                be a sniper and get in a tank and you will get Sniper kills when in tank

Comment

Originally posted by Galdigor
                  try using the MEC sniper... watch my score in 1 round... i only used the MEC sniper..
                  the only thing i need is more playing time :P i have 50 hours with sniper now.. (its my fav. kit)

Lol...way to play in a high-point server...stay away from them at all costs..EA is wiping accounts for those who are caught there.

Comment

why?
                    big deal you get high points

Comment

[MyIs] Spetnaz gave us an e-mail from EA that told him that the reason that he got his stats wiped was because he played on a high-point server.

Comment

Wake & Mastuur are your best bet, you can sit back on both of them and pick guys off from a distance, Wake is the best for this (just dont sit by the AA on the US arty island, move to the other side of it) where as on Mastuur you can roam around the map and camp a flag when its being attacked.....

When 1.4 is finally released look me upa nd we'll go hunting.............

Comment

mixed bag but clays are your friend as a sniper and its not nice but a bit of rape in a apc on Karkand can get you golds clear the hill best you can playing as mec jump out drop couple of clays and pull back rearm repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Comrad_Joe
                            easy get the time you need,
                            be a sniper and get in a tank and you will get Sniper kills when in tank
                            That is just lame, it's better when you are getting headshots left and right.

If you can't get 30 kills using a sniper rifle, then that dosn't tell you that you are not an expert sniper?

Comment

find a server with mine FF off(not hard) and spam claymores. unless youre actually skilled at sniping then it shouldnt be hard at all. high point servers are the best for the expert badges and such.

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
                                The requirements are 100 hrs, Veteran Sniper (consequently Basic Sniper), and then 35 kills IAR (see for yourself here).

I don't have mine yet (still only have about 80 hours), but if you're not a great sniper then you could do one of the following: armor whoring, gunning for a helo pilot on Sharqi, or being commander and dropping lots of arty (I believe arty kills will count towards this and any other badge with a kill requirement).

*edit*

I also prefer the L96A1 sniper rifle...IMO it's much more accurate than the M95 and just as powerful (the M24, M95, and L96A1 all cause equal damage) but it can't shoot through cockpit windows (who needs that unless you're TK'ing for vehicles anyway?). You will only be able to get this unlock if you have special forces though.

*edit #2*

It will also help to play on a 64 player map with a small number of people so that the round lasts longer to give you more time to get your kills in.
                                WRONG!

The M95 will knock you down to 2 bars while the lower calibre rifles will drop you down to 8 ( I thinks its 6-10). This makes the M95 better for CQC IF you can land the shots. On CQC maps like Karkand people usually arent running around full health. But the L96A1 does beat the **** out of the M95 in range, bullet drop and accuracy.

But the best way to get expert sniper is to just equip that kit and kill stuff in a piece of armor, not very sniper like but it gets you 35 kills.

Comment

Working...
                                X