How can I gain the expert sniper badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I gain the expert sniper badge

Check the forum post before asking my question, but if i missed something please can you offer the link.

How can I gain the expert sniper badge?

The main map I play is Karkand and I have notice that players tend to run around corners planting claymores and mines also c4 making it easy to pick them off. I shoot and tend to aim at the body which lowers the players health but can't seem to do a straight out kill only from a close range. Any tips would be welcome on that issue. I am mange about 12 kills in one round with about 4 deaths in one round, which is not bad for me, but is way short of the 35 kills needed.
    Which unlock sniper gun should I use? I tend to use the M95, thinking that this will take out any heavy armoured personal troops. I also set up the Co op map and play as a sniper to help me become a better shot and this is working as I place the other side skill higher much like playing with online gamers.
    Any good advice is welcome, to help me gain my expert sniper badge.

Thanks

Re: How can I gain the expert sniper badge

The requirements are 100 hrs, Veteran Sniper (consequently Basic Sniper), and then 35 kills IAR (see for yourself here).

I don't have mine yet (still only have about 80 hours), but if you're not a great sniper then you could do one of the following: armor whoring, gunning for a helo pilot on Sharqi, or being commander and dropping lots of arty (I believe arty kills will count towards this and any other badge with a kill requirement).

*edit*

I also prefer the L96A1 sniper rifle...IMO it's much more accurate than the M95 and just as powerful (the M24, M95, and L96A1 all cause equal damage) but it can't shoot through cockpit windows (who needs that unless you're TK'ing for vehicles anyway?). You will only be able to get this unlock if you have special forces though.

*edit #2*

It will also help to play on a 64 player map with a small number of people so that the round lasts longer to give you more time to get your kills in.

Comment

i used to be really good at sniping, to get expert i was on mastuur 64 player with the m95, BOOM HEADSHOT, revived BOOOM HEADSHOT, the guy who gos to revive him again BOOOM HEADSHOT! = expert sniper

Comment

yep arty does count towards kills iar, all i do is fly as gunner wiv ma m8, easy

Comment

Originally posted by DeVilish
          i used to be really good at sniping, to get expert i was on mastuur 64 player with the m95, BOOM HEADSHOT, revived BOOOM HEADSHOT, the guy who gos to revive him again BOOOM HEADSHOT! = expert sniper
          seems to me that your account might have had a few rounds of stat padding. ie; 611 round score

Comment

cheap, but it works:

command as sniper
            gunner in Havok on Sharqi or Oman

Comment

Originally posted by TXHALLOWS
              seems to me that your account might have had a few rounds of stat padding. ie; 611 round score
              yes i know, i stats padded when i first started playing, i wanted the unlock so yeah i did..but since by then i've been all good!

Comment

Originally posted by simon1973
                I shoot and tend to aim at the body which lowers the players health but can't seem to do a straight out kill only from a close range.
                That's one of your problems right there. Headshots ftw.

Comment

Yeah, headshots. Headshots. Headshots.

Sounds way easier than actually doing it. The standard USMC sniper rifle is the way to go. Unless you have SF and unlock the L96, then use that.

I imagine by the time you get 100hrs playing as a sniper, 35 kills IAR shouldn't be too tough. I used to love Dragon Valley sniping, but now I like Karkand (omg!). Wake Island is fun too. Actually, they all are really, but those might give the best options for lots of kills.

Comment

Originally posted by simon1973
                    Check the forum post before asking my question, but if i missed something please can you offer the link.

How can I gain the expert sniper badge?

The main map I play is Karkand and I have notice that players tend to run around corners planting claymores and mines also c4 making it easy to pick them off. I shoot and tend to aim at the body which lowers the players health but can't seem to do a straight out kill only from a close range. Any tips would be welcome on that issue. I am mange about 12 kills in one round with about 4 deaths in one round, which is not bad for me, but is way short of the 35 kills needed.
                    Which unlock sniper gun should I use? I tend to use the M95, thinking that this will take out any heavy armoured personal troops. I also set up the Co op map and play as a sniper to help me become a better shot and this is working as I place the other side skill higher much like playing with online gamers.
                    Any good advice is welcome, to help me gain my expert sniper badge.

Thanks
                    try using the MEC sniper... watch my score in 1 round... i only used the MEC sniper..
                    the only thing i need is more playing time :P i have 50 hours with sniper now.. (its my fav. kit)

Comment

Well, I helped one of my buddies get his expert sniper badge. But we didn't set out to do it - it just happened.

He was sniper, I was medic. We were in Sharqi Peninsula defending the Survellience Post. He kept laying the claymores at points around the back wall there and shooting at people from the various spawn points around us, mainly Hotel and Construction. We kept asking for supply drops whenever they got destroyed. I kept healing and reviving him whenever he needed it while I was trying to gun and throw out medic packs whenever they were ready. They never took the surveillence post from us, we won the round, he got his expert sniper badge and I got my veteran heal badge.

For infantry badges, there's no better place than Sharqi Peninsula. The flags are close together and there's plenty of them so you have plenty of chances to get what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakky
                        Well, I helped one of my buddies get his expert sniper badge. But we didn't set out to do it - it just happened.

He was sniper, I was medic. We were in Sharqi Peninsula defending the Survellience Post. He kept laying the claymores at points around the back wall there and shooting at people from the various spawn points around us, mainly Hotel and Construction. We kept asking for supply drops whenever they got destroyed. I kept healing and reviving him whenever he needed it while I was trying to gun and throw out medic packs whenever they were ready. They never took the surveillence post from us, we won the round, he got his expert sniper badge and I got my veteran heal badge.

For infantry badges, there's no better place than Sharqi Peninsula. The flags are close together and there's plenty of them so you have plenty of chances to get what you need.
                        yea i totally agree.. once I had the PKM
                        and the only thing i needed 2 do was just spreaing bullets all ove the place 24 kills b4 death come 2 me :P

Comment

Oh, I should add. If you are accustomed to shooting the enemy in the body, and he still has some health left, then you need to whip out your pistol and finish the job. Get used to shooting with the rifle and finishing with the pistol. I've started incorporating this tactic, and it has helped me a lot.
                          In general, the pistol is a great weapon. Great for close combat and running around.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                            cheap, but it works:

command as sniper
                            gunner in Havok on Sharqi or Oman
                            ditto

Comment

I got mine on Wake. Its a sniper's haven.

Comment

Working...
                              X