The childish nature in all of us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The childish nature in all of us.

Now to get him to say "headshot" after the boom. Now that would be an all time classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Philihase
      Now to get him to say "headshot" after the boom. Now that would be an all time classic.
      lol totally

Comment

I have to be honest - that video is a little disturbing. The combination of the baby's innocence and genuine reactions with the implication of violence and the machines of war... it's just wrong.

Not blaming the parent because I think he made a really visceral, eye-opening video - even if he didn't mean it that way.

Comment

the question remains.....would a little baby girl have the same reactions?

MWA HA HA HA HA HA!

Comment

so cute.. I can't wait until I have kids and teach them to do naughty things... I mean play games.

Comment

This is 50% of the BF2 population in one video.

Comment

hahah thts class BOOM

Comment

My little brother likes to watch me play. He's 2 and the only reason I let him watch is because of the lack of blood. Its not really that violent of a game without gore. He likes to point out the bad guys and yell "get him! "get him!" whenever he sees one.

When I kill someone, he actually says "you got a noob!". I'm training him well.

Comment

Originally posted by [FV]Ireland
                    My little brother likes to watch me play. He's 2 and the only reason I let him watch is because of the lack of blood. Its not really that violent of a game without gore. He likes to point out the bad guys and yell "get him! "get him!" whenever he sees one.

dern gun-crazy canucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Philihase
                      ROFLMAO! Too Funny!

Comment

Originally posted by [FV]Ireland

Oh boy the world's new Firestorm in the making!

Comment

i think letting kids watch violence is fine, up until a certain degree. a video game? thats fine. as long as you dont show him freakin doom3 or something. as long as you cant see limbs flying off, zombies ripping a guy's chest cavity open and selectively eating his liver, or guys punting dogs, its ok. i mean, power rangers for godsakes is worse. all that punching, and the fact that the kids can actually punch themselves (i dont think kids have access to guns, and if they do, then thats just messed up) is just bad. bf2 is sanitary by all comparisons

Comment

Originally posted by charlesbian
                            limbs flying off, zombies ripping a guy's chest cavity open and selectively eating his liver, or guys punting dogs, its ok
                            excuse me sir, could you point me in the direction of this game? I'm feeling increasingly uninformed haha

Comment

wow... I felt like I was watching a clip from a Kubrick movie... really.

This video really drives home just how violent these games are... I have loads of mixed feelings now about the game and FPS games in general...

As for the kid... I would never show this game to a kid even under 10... possibly by early or mid teens I might show him... but only if he'll join my clan

edit for Charles above:

I agree that showing kids stuff with lots of punching and kicking is potentially worse than guns since they can actually punch and kick. But given the option I'd say that neither is the best choice. If I ever have a child I plan on teaching them Karate from a very early age, not because of the self defence aspect but because of the enormous amount of respect for violence (and against violence) that good instructors teach. At my old dojo, the motto on our flag was "Courage without courtesy is violence." (sheto-ryu ... note: I had to change the I to an E for the swear filter)

edit: Because of this video, I just rewatched the intro (I always skip it). I noticed two cool things. First, I read a tip that the SRAW can take out a tank in one shot, but you have to get it in exactly the right location... the opening video shows you exactly where to hit it. Second, I was quite surprised, something I see people complaining about sometimes is using the SRAW vs. infantry... I saw this in the opening video THREE TIMES! Only once successfully though.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfly
                                Second, I was quite surprised, something I see people complaining about sometimes is using the SRAW vs. infantry... I saw this in the opening video THREE TIMES! Only once successfully though.

Thats an interesting note =)

Comment

Working...
                                X