Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ARMOUR & PLANES/HELIS..2 kills=1 point

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
    Coming from a guy whos 80% of his time is spent in a heli. Learn something new like ground pounding.
    I dont understand what people care what others do with their time.

Part of BF2's appeal is its vehicles. no other game even compares in that area. hence why so many people like to use them.

The last thing I'd be doing is complaining that the vehicles have more of an advantage. If Im in the mood for some good infantry battles I'll go play Ghost recon, half life or Counter Strike.

Comment

Originally posted by BFROE|GWA|SiLeNt

Part of BF2's appeal is its vehicles. no other game even compares in that area. hence why so many people like to use them.

The last thing I'd be doing is complaining that the vehicles have more of an advantage. If Im in the mood for some good infantry battles I'll go play Ghost recon, half life or Counter Strike.
      I believe the Battlefield series is a first person shooter. What makes the series different, at least in the past, is that it had/has vehicles to compliment the first person shooter arena. Battlefield is not all about the vehicles. If it were, then everyone could be in a tank. Everyone could be in a chopper, or a plane, or an apc, or humvee or whatever. Fact is, everyone CANT be in vehicles durring a game.
      Fact. As a groundpounder, one can rack up extreme numbers of kills. I do it all the time.
      Fact. I jump in a tank, and my kill rate goes WAY UP, WAY FAST.
      Why? Well although this seems simple, the reason why obviously goes way past most posters thought system. Why? Well, for starters, its just way more easy to kill from inside a tank, then using a machine gun out in the open. Another reason....... i can take on so much firepower and still kill, its really not funny.
      I can take (anyone for that matter) a tank...and waste it. Meaning, take it to a very active flag, knowing that i will get killed, quickly......and still manage, 10 to 20 kills before dying. All while being......one person.
      Now.....it is a tank. So.....it should allow me this opportunity. However, the arguement here is the points distribution system. Not the tank.
      As a ground pounder, my kills are in fact worthy of being more notable, then a tanker. For the reasons i just spelled out. Like I said... no matter how good im doing as a ground pounder, if i jump in armor, im gonna do better.
      There really is NO CONSEQUENCE to me for being in a tank. Should there be? Not really. However, because it is insanely easier for choppers, planes and armor to net kills over infantry..........why should the kill points be the same?

I dont know why people dont undertand this. Its really rather simple logic.
      Im all for tanks choppers and all that. But lets put these things in perspectives. Perhaps if tanks were rewarded highly to go after other tanks/armor.......and rewarded "SLIGHTLY" for killing infantry.....perhaps this would create more exciting tank battles......IF i were a tanker....and im not, i would welcome an idea that would quazi force another tanker to hunt me down like a pig.
      but then again......i like the good fight. Not the easy one.

Comment

Never said i didnt understand it, Its just never going to happen.

Yeah it started out more "infantry" based, but as its evolved it has gone mostly in favor of vehicles. Besides FPS is not limited to Rifles and frags...

As for it being easier to kill using vehicles I have to disagree. I am almost useless in a helo, its something I just for some reason can not get the rythem down with, but for others its easy as hell to just hover and own an entire map. I can only get from A to B and maybe take one of two people out on the way. Does this does not mean those who can master the helo are getting easy points? No, they simply have mastered that angle of the game I havnt.

For me its a combo of I just suck in a heli and I just never really put the time in for it. But put me in a tank or jet and its going to take a bit till Im dead, Im more likey to crash lighting my cigarette or by getting c4'd rammed while capping a flag. My point is when I first got BF2 I couldnt drive my tank 20 feet without gettin an A/T rocket up my butt, so I played it alot, payed attention where people like to pop off rockets and be sneaky with C4. My reward is now its pretty dam hard to take me out in a tank. That dosnt make my points worth less.

The same is true for Infantry. Once a player has played enough and seen enough battles on the same maps they know the spots to frag out, to avoid armour/aircraft, and so on. Its just like using a vehicle, its a combo of memory/experience & practice/Skill. Infantry players shouldnt be rewarded for doing exactly what everyone else is doing. Mastering the angle of the game they enjoy the most.

I just dont see a point trying to fix what isnt broke, if you think its that bad like I said there are multiple games for those looking for Infantry style FPS combat. If Im in the mood for infantry thats what I always do, I dont come on BF2 thinking if I grab a rifle and go jump in a warfield with heli's and planes and tanks that its going to be fair. War isnt fair and this is a war game.

Besides once 1.4 is released we will have the infantry only option.
        If you really think its unfair then just play those servers so you dont even have to deal with vehicles.

Comment

The problem is that armour has easy kills (points). Anybody can get in armour tiime after time. Meaning that once you die from being in armour there is a 95% chance your going back to the armour because it spawns after you die.

It's unbalanced being in armour/plane vs ground pounding. As for the IO mode this should only be a option on city maps like Strike at Karkand and Mastuur.When the maps are alot bigger you don't have the problem with the unbalance.

Comment

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
            The problem is that armour has easy kills (points). Anybody can get in armour tiime after time. Meaning that once you die from being in armour there is a 95% chance your going back to the armour because it spawns after you die.

It's unbalanced being in armour/plane vs ground pounding. As for the IO mode this should only be a option on city maps like Strike at Karkand and Mastuur.When the maps are alot bigger you don't have the problem with the unbalance.
            I just dont agree, when Im on foot in city maps I feel a alot safer than if I was on foot running through say zatar waiting for bombs, helis and tanks to roll over me... Its easier to just dip around a corner of a building. If someone is running at a tank on karkand, thats their problem! Tanks can only really use the roads, thet entire map has back walkways and alleys.... and more then half the time the tanks are battleing each other if its a good server.

As for the respawn and tank spawn, Why would that madder. One person or 3 different has nothing to do with the point scale/balance. What your problem would be is people whoring if your problem is people dying then using the same vehicle.

Its simply a game of rock paper scissors. If the tank is raping, get your squad loaded with A/T. I dont care how good I am with my tank when I go up against 2 guys with A/T and they know how to use it, Im usually on retreat for repairs real quick. If your opponent is heli pwning, get in the AA and rip him up!

If its a jet, grab your jet! or again the AA.

and so on....

Game companys just cant please everyone

Comment

Look.

You can take a severely mentaly handicapped person. (retarded, as most know it as, unfortunatly) and he or she will get more kills, and less deaths from being in a tank, then say, giving a g36 c and told to walk around the streets, and hide sometimes.

Surely you must Agree with this analogy.
              And if you do...........then the points distribution, or, difference, i should say, via, vehicles, groundpounders.........is outta wack. And dont make sense.

I will add however, that yes, once someone gets a hold, if you will, of a certain class or vehicle they naturaly will be "good" or even "awesume" within that realm. But this fact however does NOT indicate that, still, the points system in relation to the two, is still out of wack. Is this not even reasonable to you?
              Besides, again, i stress, the debate within this post, even though others have twisted it some, is the fact that,
              Killing someone or lots of someones while being in armor......is by FAR EASIER, then prowling around as a groundpounder.
              I'll say one more time. I suck in a tank. Im good at groundpounding, and typically, however not always, will net more kills then 99% of people on the server. (i said kills not points, as we all know you can kill 5 people, die 22 times and still get 100 points, which is stupid in itself as well), however when jumping in armor, im gonna kill more people. WIth less deaths.
              Its just a fact. Why? Its easier for crying out loud. Which, like a broken record, i repeat, the points factor as to a tank kill is worth 2 points, and a g36c kill is worth 2 points....well it dont make sense.
              And after this long, boring post, again....... i dont care either way. Just trying to make my arguement sound as reasonably logical as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                Look.

You can take a severely mentaly handicapped person. (retarded, as most know it as, unfortunatly) and he or she will get more kills, and less deaths from being in a tank, then say, giving a g36 c and told to walk around the streets, and hide sometimes.

Surely you must Agree with this analogy.
                And if you do...........then the points distribution, or, difference, i should say, via, vehicles, groundpounders.........is outta wack. And dont make sense.
                True, but if you put "rain man" in a J-10 he will crash 10/10 times

Surely you must agree LOL

ps. If you are doing "team work stuff" in a tank, your points won't be as high

Major General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                  True, but if you put "rain man" in a J-10 he will crash 10/10 times

Surely you must agree LOL

ps. If you are doing "team work stuff" in a tank, your points won't be as high

peace
                  I will agree with you on the airplane thing. You do have to have a sense about that. (planes) But like anything else in the game, if you do it enough you develop and get good in it.
                  ALthough if one were to fly offline, or religously online flying, only, im fairly certain, 2 weeks later we would have another Plane God, amoungst us. The learning curve is steeper for pilots......but then again, i'd rather suck and be IN A PLANE, then be pretty good, with just a shotgun, surrounded by 5 enemies.

Besides once 1.4 is released we will have the infantry only option.
                  If you really think its unfair then just play those servers so you dont even have to deal with vehicles.
                  Understood and noted.

However, i dont have a problem with tanks and vehicles in general. Most of the times, as a ground pounder i welcome the challenge. Your still off base a tad, as this post isnt about hating on vehicles, or getting rid of them. Its about the points distribution in relation to kill points and how hard one must work to pull off a kill.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                    I will agree with you on the airplane thing. You do have to have a sense about that. (planes) But like anything else in the game, if you do it enough you develop and get good in it.
                    ALthough if one were to fly offline, or religously online flying, only, im fairly certain, 2 weeks later we would have another Plane God, amoungst us. The learning curve is steeper for pilots......but then again, i'd rather suck and be IN A PLANE, then be pretty good, with just a shotgun, surrounded by 5 enemies.

Understood and noted.

However, i dont have a problem with tanks and vehicles in general. Most of the times, as a ground pounder i welcome the challenge. Your still off base a tad, as this post isnt about hating on vehicles, or getting rid of them. Its about the points distribution in relation to kill points and how hard one must work to pull off a kill.
                    If I saw a "retard" learn to fly in 2 weeks, his "diagnosis" would be suspect LOL

peace

Comment

The point system in BF2 is designed very very poorly. Of course there shold be variable points, depending on the circumstances under which you kill.

Isn't it reasonable to expect that someone with a bomber should kill more enemies than a single infantryman on the ground? The problem is that it does not "cost" anything to waste powerful vehicles - they respawn just as quick, regardless of how much time or how many kills you have had in them before the vehicle is lost.

There are many many ways to deal with this - not give any individual points until after the 6th kill, give 1/3 points for bomber kills etc. etc. This puerile point-system and the infantile acculmated stats is what have created sub-par gameplay in this game, with countless stat-padders and vehicle-prostitutes standing around the runways, soliciting for vehicles..lol.

Cheers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by LahLahSr
                        vehicle-prostitutes standing around the runways, soliciting for vehicles..lol
                        Ahaha nicely put

Comment

Working...
                        X