Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ARMOUR & PLANES/HELIS..2 kills=1 point

Originally posted by Angelsoul
    If you wanna win, then you'll use the plane/chopper even if you don't get any points for your kills. So you will support your team and not just camp spawnpoints.
    But then you've nothing to show for it?

Comment

If you want to remake the point system you firstly have to get a goal. What would the modification in pts system achieve? What do you want to achieve. If youre a pointjealouskidwhojustcrieswhenhegetsowned then step down please. If youre genuinely interested in altering the role of armor and vehicles via point system (like baiting babies with candy to do what you want them to do), you have to stop thinking linearly. Altering pts system then, will not only include points gained from kills, but also pts assists, various resupply points, heal points and transportation/per mile points.

If we want to keep armor close to its troops, 1 point per 2 kills is just a start. As we know- armor is usually driven by engineers. Now, if we increase the rate at which a third party Engineer repairs your tank, and decrease the supply crate repair rate, we create a need for the tank to use either other friendly engineer vehicles, or engieneers altogether.

Then the next step- Heal from vehicles, resupply from vehicles need to be sped up, so that thetroops actually stick to your tank. In addition- you get 2 points for every heal and resupply so you WANT to stick in your tank, with your troops. And some other point-type implementions, mainly consisting of area of effect, however those are tough to implement.

I dont know how to make it so that choppers stick close to the ground troops. Main problem for the chopper is that its being targeted from everywhere, so ithas to move around a lot and worry about its safety a lot. Same with jets. Airspace is always shifting fromone team to another, and ground troops cant see how losing a flag affects their air support. They just dont have the time to see the bigger picture.

Anyway, again- if you want to modify the points to change armors role, great. If youre jealous of the scores, you can shut up now.

Comment

When will people stop basing the entire game off of karkand?

Comment

Quick Comment: I wouldn't mind seeing the armour used for team work, either defensive or attacking rather than stolen for personal stat gain only.
          I do like your idea of teamwork involving an engineer to repair tanks and APCs over a supply crate by changing the speeds. My engineering skills are quite pathetic because I simply don't like the time spent idling by a newly fixed arty, or UAV to bring to full health when it is so easy to be sniped, blown up again or stabbed when you have to face the object witha spanner for so long unguarded. Rather go use my shotgun as soon as possible thanks

Originally posted by Dooshy
          Planes/helis ??

Comment

Originally posted by Dooshy
            I rarely played/play Karkand. I dont feel the magic of points. Im basing my ideas on the spread of the ground troops in game. The best visual moments in BF2 for me are when our SQL is in a tank, moving slowly and the squad is around him, protecting the tank and using tank as its cover. Thats pure awesomeness. Not this crap I see every day, guy gets a tank and runs off with it somewhere people dont need him to be.

Count how many times have you been able to use a tank as your cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              Count how many times have you been able to use a tank as your cover?
              Very few because tanks seem to give me an electric shock that kills me instantly if I ever touch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                Very few because tanks seem to give me an electric shock that kills me instantly if I ever touch them.
                You dont need to touch that big momma!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  You dont need to touch that big momma!
                  I usually hide next to enemy tanks, then feel sorry for not being a spec. funny as a support or med then chucking a pack down and he thinks it's C4 and jumps, so I take it and run him over. ah the fun... Yeah I tend to find myself drama queen run over, or blown up by rocket hit on the tank.

Comment

Vehicle points are fine. I use Armor, Aviator, Transport, Helicopter near enough equally. My times are Aviator - 51h, Armor 38h, Helicopter 41h, Transport 19h. But I don't hog vehicles every damn time a round starts, if the jet's taken I'l take the heli, if the heli's taken I'l take the armor, if the Armor is taken I'll hop in transport and cart people to flags etc. Way too many bound to one thing and one thing only, for instance Colony and jets, Sloi and helicopter. You may be good at it, but theres nothing wrong with using a varied technique.

Comment

Varied technique. Well done. Broadened horizons of balanced battlefield play-ability. Also sends you playing as a troop. I only take vechiles to get from A to B, escape, attack as hard as possible, or to prevent an enemy from stealing it and using it against us e.g. tanks or APCs in every base in Dragon Valley

Comment

Originally posted by Krysiss
                        let me sse your stats then.

If you must see .

Comment

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
                          If you must see .
                          Nice stats. lol

Comment

I'm so tired of noobs and whiners talking about how vehicles should be nerfed. It's called teamwork

1 tank < 2 AT guys

Comment

Re: ARMOUR &amp; PLANES/HELIS..2 kills=1 point

Yeah, I shot 2nd, most of the time I get awarded the kill

Tanks and APCs, and bla bla, were all invented by brilliant people in real life to do exactly what all you guys are complaining about. Plus, C4 doesn't the trick

Comment

Re: ARMOUR &amp; PLANES/HELIS..2 kills=1 point

but one of the reasons why armour is good is because it doesnt take damage from machines guns, only explosives:
                                dont like it?
                                dont whine to DICE, instead, spawn as AT and blow him up

Comment

Working...
                                X