Vehicle Drops are messed up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicle Drops are messed up!!

I had a commander try that on me several times last night in a round. The trick is to not let it hit you center on top. As soon as you see the shadow just move a little bit to it misses or hits you off center and slides off you. It's very annoying though.

Comment

I am in my final year doing Games Development and even then we are testing things like not being able to run through walls, balancing the game out. Yes I am using the the Unreal engine whereby most of the collision detection is available but considering the size of DICE and EA these problems should be reviewed and tested well before its made LIVE. Another person mentioned kids have taken over the supporting of BF2, I guess that is true. Well said poster.

Comment

[quote=Legli]Did you ever stop to think that maybe like other things they didn't see folk using it like it has been used (and henceforth abused)? Stop with the bashing, they don't make you drop it on enemies and such and if the commander is actually helping his squads you should not see it.

[quote]

Of course they didn´t see folks using it, that´s why there is a test time before they turn it public.
        There are some exploits that are almost impossible to catch like entering buildings with the help of the vodnick, but this one is so obvious that should say something of the quality of the beta testers.

Comment

Yes Its true that the cars kill armour, I have also killed Choppers with them.
          I now it would be upsetting in the least if it kept happening to me! Still can't help doing it!

P.s Vehicles need to be dropped precisely in the middle of the rotors. The target should get about 30 feet of the ground ,then backflip to their DOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamonous
            Surely EA didn't test that out enough before they added that feature.

:laugh:
            EA TEST something????????????????????????????????????????? ????
            :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2: :rofl:

Comment

To be honest, I'm SURE that they knew people would use it as a weapon. it's the very first thing that would occur to the vast majority of people. These people are sh*t hot developers, they wrote BF2 and despite everything, BF2 is still a pretty damn amazing game.

A previous poster said that you have to think up things that people will try and do and take them into account. Well you do have have to think up every possible thing they might try and do and account for it to ensure that your code handles it gracefully. These guys know what they're doing, course they knew this would happen.

Anyway, it's just a joke that it can be used in this way, it's made BF2 look rediculous, it's laughable really if it was not so annoying that they picked this and co-op to spend their time on and not actually fix anything.

Comment

I have seen people drop vehicles on arty to destroy it. Very cheap IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by pentium
                  I am in my final year doing Games Development and even then we are testing things like not being able to run through walls, balancing the game out. Yes I am using the the Unreal engine whereby most of the collision detection is available but considering the size of DICE and EA these problems should be reviewed and tested well before its made LIVE. Another person mentioned kids have taken over the supporting of BF2, I guess that is true. Well said poster.
                  Good points.

I was talking about 'cartillery' in particular, however the point about being able to go through walls and such - thats just sloppy and never should have happened however since it hasn't happened to me I forgot totally about it.

Hopefully it will die down, as I don't see EA/Dice doing anything to it, however I have not played enough with the new patch to get blown up or crushed by it yet. Time will tell if my opinion changes

And Grena: Even if they do public tests they wouldn't change it :P
                  I'm guessing they just hope it will die down, or they will just leave BF2 altogether for the next one.

Comment

Working...
                  X