Vehicle Drops are messed up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Drops are messed up!!

So, yesterday I'm playing on Sharqi Peninsula, and I'm in a tank, capturing a control point. No one else is around, and my tank is at 100% health. Then, I see a shadow of a jeep being "vehicle dropped" on me. I think to myself, that's not gonna do anything. I'm in a heavy tank, that's just a little car."

But before I could even finish that thought, the car landed on me and my tank just EXPLODED!! I'm not talking it was steadily taking damage, it just went from 100% to KABOOM, instantly.

What the crap is that all about?

Happened to me two more times that game in different locations. That's gotta be messed up.

Re: Vehicle Drops are messed up!!

Are you sure it was just the car?

Comment

yes the drops can destroy cars/tanks/arty etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Cap`N Hagen
        Are you sure it was just the car?

Yeah, absolutely positive. I had the camera view set to outside of my tank, and every time it happened, it was just a car landing on my tank, and then I instantly died. Surely EA didn't test that out enough before they added that feature.

I thought tanks had HEAVY ARMOR for a reason! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by xpnl
          yes the drops can destroy cars/tanks/arty etc etc
          Yes I`ve used commander since, and seen what it`s capable of, however I do not recall trying it on a stationary tank. Just wondering what view he was in, and what the ingame Death message read.

Thanks for the reply Benjamonous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap`N Hagen
            Yes I`ve used commander since, and seen what it`s capable of, however I do not recall trying it on a stationary tank. Just wondering what view he was in, and what the ingame Death message read.

Thanks for the reply Benjamonous.
            Whenever I was killed by the Commander dropping a car on my tank, all it said was

"Commander's Name"[Killed]Benjamonous

At first I thought maybe I got hit by C4 or maybe even an SRAW or Eryx, but it just kept saying the Commander's name followed by the [Killed]Benjamonous. There was no kind of weapon listed.

As far as the view goes, I hit "c" twice to get the outside view of the tank, which I normally do when capping to see if anyone tries to sneak up and C4 me. So I had a clear view and it was just a car.

Thanks

Comment

When i was commander i droped a car on top of the tank and i destoryed the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamonous
                Whenever I was killed by the Commander dropping a car on my tank, all it said was

"Commander's Name"[Killed]Benjamonous

At first I thought maybe I got hit by C4 or maybe even an SRAW or Eryx, but it just kept saying the Commander's name followed by the [Killed]Benjamonous. There was no kind of weapon listed.

As far as the view goes, I hit "c" twice to get the outside view of the tank, which I normally do when capping to see if anyone tries to sneak up and C4 me. So I had a clear view and it was just a car.

Thanks
                Weird. Like I said, I never tried it on armour, just a sniper or two. It always just said, "sniperX is no more" or something.

Comment

Crazy coding! Jeez.

I was in an alleyway on Karkan and a vodnik doppped in a killed me. If it had been oriented 90degrees it would not have fit. I was pretty amazed. That has got to be the lame-est feature ever in a FPS.

Just what we needed, precise arty.

Comment

They might as well take out vehicle drops and replace them with lightning bolts!

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                      They might as well take out vehicle drops and replace them with lightning bolts!

Hahahaha....

That's exactly what I thought. It makes that part of the game so unbalanced now. Today I played in a few servers and I saw the enemy Commander dropping vehicles on us like it was going out of style. Kinda lame if you ask me.

Comment

Proof that DICE don't test properly. They introduced a new function, veihcle dropping... and didn't even see what it did when dropping them on veihcles and assets. It's F***ing amazing.

Comment

These cars are no doubt.....real CAR BOMBS!

Comment

I did the same thing after the patch. I saw some guys loading up in a Vodnik, so I dropped another Vodnik on it, thinking it would just be funny to scare them, but then it blew up. :laugh:

For it to do that to a tank though is ridiculous.

Comment

If the vehicle lands directly on something and doesn't fall/rock off... it will rumble around for a few seconds and then detonate like it's strapped with C4.

Also if you're MEC on Karkand or any other map that you drop vodniks.. its very easy to keep the oppsoite commanders arty disabled for the entire round. I haven't had much success with destroying other assets. Also, with Humvees you have to be a lot more precise to destroy things by dropping

Comment

Working...
                              X