Define "NOOB."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Define "NOOB."

If we are quick we can make it even to page 4 i guess..but anyway dance my little lock :locked: before the....ubermod..comes and locks this down

Comment

I've never understood this "catch me in game, I'll OWN you" nonsense. Who cares even if you can? It's a game!

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
        I've never understood this "catch me in game, I'll OWN you" nonsense. Who cares even if you can? It's a game!
        To be honest i dont even understand if they write something in their...what are the mumbers again??? forgot it.. anyway that speech think it means leet

Comment

Yes, that leet crap....what nonsense. Great way to prove you're 12!

Comment

Originally posted by stainlineho
            What the hell is it?
            A noob is a derivative of newb - or newbie - which is a shortened version of the term "new blood", meaning someone who is new to the game and/or relatively inexperienced. It was around since the beginning on on-line FPS and before, more prolific during Q2 era and beyond. Mostly seen in CS and, therefore, by implication, most/all online games during/since.

Nowadays, the term 'noob' or 'n00b', as it is otherwise seen as, is used as a unbecoming term to put down other players with, and to chastise players who do stupid/foolish things, like drive off on their own with the APC instead of picking up their team mates etc.

To be honest, most of the people doing the 'noob' name-calling are fairly rubbish at the game, whereas most of the people who are called a 'noob' are actually fairly good.

To to sum up: a newbie is someone who is, funnily enough, new to the game. A ‘noob’, however, is an asshat and must be avoided.

If someone calls me a 'noob' in-game, it was probably because either I did something stupid, or they are just annoyed that I killed them.

My advice: ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
              Noob usually refers to a new player, but now it's just used as an insult. I'm a 1st LT. and get called a noob by friggin sergeants, which just cracks me up.
              Well that only confirms that you have skills. You **** someone so much off, because you kill that person a couple of times. So he calls you a "that". But you're lucky, I'm Captain and only 3 times called "N" word in this game here :cry:

Ooops. Sorry, forgot I had to keep the language clean. Sorry!

Comment

agree wid ya cheesewz

Comment

Originally posted by stainlineho View Post
                  What the hell is it?

Gentlemen I really hate to bring up a very old topic, but I do feel it needs to be answerd appropriately.

As defined by websters HACKER=2. Slang. a person who engages in an activity without talent or skill:

Proof Stainline ho! Is a lil hacking POS :shakehead: :shakehead:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Please Add this GUID TO SERVERS.

As with most hackers all he did was get a new CD-KEY so feel free to add him to your list.

Now you might want to look up OWNED :evil: :evil: :evil:

I would also hope that the admins would remove a comfirmed hacker from there site this is up to them.

Comment

Paris Hilton is in jail for one day, and this is what happens to the world.

Comment

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...a68918c41c.png

PLEASE notice top right corner where your mini map is located... Is that a name in bright red threw a wall.....

Comment

what rank are you dave?
                        just a random thought
                        I dont like people who get so hot and botherd. I dont think your the best player, but you dont have to be so defensive about that sheet. Just dont tell ppl to F*** off around here. I think its immature and a waste of keystrokes.

Thank-you!

=JTF2=

Comment

Originally posted by stainlineho View Post
                          What the hell is it?
                          a noob can be anything like new to a game or work.

Comment

I can descirbe Noob in one Link

This link also describes most of you idiots in here fighting You guys must be Related.

"Originally Posted by stainlineho
                            F**k you, I'm better than you in BF2 dude. "

Hi, I saw all the Remixes, so I made my own!Hope you like it! Please Comment ;-)If you never played BF2 its maybe difficult to understand... the 1.3 Patch in...

Comment

Originally posted by i made you View Post
                              stainlineho is definitely a noob or maybe a CS kiddy. The inflated sense of self worth in a game gives it away.
                              lol I like ur forum name

Comment

June 2nd, 2006, 01:24 PM is the original post date lmao.
                                VERY stupid idea to bring this up.

Comment

Working...
                                X