Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 STATS are killing the game and the boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 STATS are killing the game and the boards?

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    As for signatures, it ****es me off that I have to wait for the page to display, just because some ass has a 100KB or bigger signature. And there are many asses like that on the page. Limit this ****.

Im on BB- 2.5Mbit DL speed.
    What?!?!

I'm only on 2mb DSL at the moment, and it takes a page about 2 seconds (literally) to load!!!

Get Firefox.

Comment

Firefox has a bad habbit ofwiping my (very important sometimes) favourites. After 5th time I said "**** that" and Im back with IE. Dont get me started on how bad FF is. Its an overhyped trash.

What happens with this forum (only this forum) is that the page freezes for a couple of seconds, up to a minute sometimes, which is irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        Firefox has a bad habbit ofwiping my (very important sometimes) favourites. After 5th time I said "**** that" and Im back with IE. Dont get me started on how bad FF is. Its an overhyped trash.

What happens with this forum (only this forum) is that the page freezes for a couple of seconds, up to a minute sometimes, which is irritating.
        Been using Firefox for years now. Not one single problem. You should update to the latest version.

Firefox is much faster than IE and much more customizable, that's why i stick with it.

Tonnes of extensions loaded into my Fox, so i get things done a lot faster than any IE user would.

Comment

hello folks

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
            Been using Firefox for years now. Not one single problem. You should update to the latest version.

Firefox is much faster than IE and much more customizable, that's why i stick with it.

Tonnes of extensions loaded into my Fox, so i get things done a lot faster than any IE user would.
            2nd that. Never lost a single favorite or had any issues at all with FF.

Comment

And i understand if someone is stat padding in your server, you have the right to report them but I hate the losers that go to stat padding servers and take screen shots of them stat padding and send them into ea ITS THERE SERVER FOR CHRISTS SAKE IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SERVER THEN LEAVE BUT DONT BE A SNITCH AND REPORT THEM TO EA.

Because god forbid anyone should have fun the way they want on the server they paid for, in the game they paid for using the net connection they paid for and the PC they paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                Know what, you're all right!

I've been lucky enough to have chosen the right time and place when I've gone for badges and the team has won.

But I've seen other acting like real tards obviously going for knife and pistol etc and not helping take flags, or changing tactics when the team is losing.

It's about priorities, for me the badge can wait for a more 'convenient' time, the team win is everything.
                I will admit, I have run off on my own a time or two to get one of the more difficult badges. At the same time, I try to assist my team in winning. If it meant losing the chance at a badge, I would rather win the game.

Comment

And i understand if someone is stat padding in your server, you have the right to report them but I hate the losers that go to stat padding servers and take screen shots of them stat padding and send them into ea ITS THERE SERVER FOR CHRISTS SAKE IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SERVER THEN LEAVE BUT DONT BE A SNITCH AND REPORT THEM TO EA.

Because god forbid anyone should have fun the way they want on the server they paid for, in the game they paid for using the net connection they paid for and the PC they paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                    Ok, stats ADD to the game... people wouldn't be following rules any better if there weren't stats. Stats/medals/badges also give the player something to work for, besides just kills/a thrill.
                    Something to work for? How the experience of working as a team, and
                    the reward is the feeling of cooperating with a group of people?

I know this might sound idealistic, but must we always expect something
                    in return for a job well done? I'm a little bit older, so I guess I just think
                    about things a bit differently. I will go next door and put a hard days
                    work helping my neighbor, and expect nothing in return, except maybe
                    their respect and appreciation. I also get great satisfaction from a job
                    well done, and sometimes that is enough of a payoff.

I know, I know, it's just a game... Maybe it's time to lay this thread
                    to rest? Thank for the conversations guys..

One thing I have learned is that there are others out there that feel
                    the same way, and that is comforting.

Now here is one last question. Are the UNRANKED servers as secure
                    (as secure as a public sever can be anyways) as a RANKED server?
                    Meaning, are they protected by punkbuster and whatever other
                    anticheat apps that servers may use? Does the fact that they are
                    unranked mean they are more open to cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms

Shshshsh! I only click linkies. And I have a maximum of 2-3 windows open. Usually just 1. Firefox is an overkill for me. And- its not faster. Its startup speed is actually SLOWER than IEs. And the page loading times are almost comparable. I havent noticed any differences. Ive only had the need to use firefox to listen to music from certain sites. Thats it.

IE>FF for me, and Im an average net user who just checks forum messages, news and mail. Thats it. I had FF on my PC until last format, for 6 months and I always used IE.

Moonshine- there are punkuster protected non-ranked servers.

What about this Tactical Gamer server people have been talking about? Search it up on forums, Ive read good stuff about those guys.

Comment

Stats, what stats?

Comment

Originally posted by =AFSG=Moonshine
                          When I first got the game, I thought the stats were the coolest thing
                          since the thong was invented.

Now I wonder, are stats killing the game and it original intent?

How many players are in the game, so intent on getting that expert
                          knife badge, expert Medic, expert this, expert that, etc.., they ignore
                          all orders from their commanders, and requests from squad mates?

Players seem to be more preoccupied with acquiring these badges
                          and medals, than playing as a team! If I see a medic get waxed, I
                          will pick up his pack, revive him, drop the pack, and continue offering
                          him support until he gets his wits about him.

As a commander, count how many times you've seen an enemy flag
                          completely devoid of enemy troops, and order a squad to attack the
                          base, then you get the obligatory "Yes Sir" and they run in a totally
                          different direction?

I can count the number of time on one hand I have actually been ingame
                          with a squad that actually work as a squad, supporting each other, helping
                          each other! It's seems most people only join a squad so they can spawn
                          in at a particular point on the map.

It would be cool if EA/DICE could figure out a way to minus points for
                          objectives that are NOT acheived, or even attempted! The whole squad
                          would be punished for not working together to acheive a goal! Impossible?
                          Probibly, more realistic, definitely!

On a seperate note, the stats signatures are out of control on the boards.
                          They slow down the load times, and screenshots like this one:

are just plain rediculous. A 700+kb image has no place on a messageboard.

totalbf2 admin, get control of this stuff, they are killing your
                          messageboard.
                          It's a game idiot. I like camping and get 10/1 kill/death ratios. Watch I don't get your balls in my scope next time.

Comment

I never really noticed a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by =AFSG=Moonshine
                              If I could find a good server, where 70-80% of the players were
                              working as a team, I be there evertime online, because I am not out to
                              impress anyone with my stats, I just want to feel like I am working with
                              a squad, not providing spawn point.
                              Moonshine you are looking for TacticalGamer. Just trust me when I say you will find the gameplay you are looking for on this server. For a description of the gameplay that you will enjoy read this older post of mine:

Click the image in my sig to find out more. I hope to battle ya on the server soon...

Comment

All I'm looking to do now, is unlock my last two guns, after that, I'll probably go back to unranked servers - so long as I can use unlocks there....

Badges and ribbons don't mean too much to me, some of the requirements are way to high, I really couldn't see myself playing BF2 for 500 hours+

Personally I wouldn't mind if the ranking system was dropped, go back to the way 1942 was, just highest scores per match etc.
                                Let all the tourneys and ladders show the good players off in some sort of tracked fashion.

Scort.

Comment

Working...
                                X