Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 STATS are killing the game and the boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 STATS are killing the game and the boards?

When I first got the game, I thought the stats were the coolest thing
    since the thong was invented.

Now I wonder, are stats killing the game and it original intent?

How many players are in the game, so intent on getting that expert
    knife badge, expert Medic, expert this, expert that, etc.., they ignore
    all orders from their commanders, and requests from squad mates?

Players seem to be more preoccupied with acquiring these badges
    and medals, than playing as a team! If I see a medic get waxed, I
    will pick up his pack, revive him, drop the pack, and continue offering
    him support until he gets his wits about him.

As a commander, count how many times you've seen an enemy flag
    completely devoid of enemy troops, and order a squad to attack the
    base, then you get the obligatory "Yes Sir" and they run in a totally
    different direction?

I can count the number of time on one hand I have actually been ingame
    with a squad that actually work as a squad, supporting each other, helping
    each other! It's seems most people only join a squad so they can spawn
    in at a particular point on the map.

It would be cool if EA/DICE could figure out a way to minus points for
    objectives that are NOT acheived, or even attempted! The whole squad
    would be punished for not working together to acheive a goal! Impossible?
    Probibly, more realistic, definitely!

On a seperate note, the stats signatures are out of control on the boards.
    They slow down the load times, and screenshots like this one:
    are just plain rediculous. A 700+kb image has no place on a messageboard.

totalbf2 admin, get control of this stuff, they are killing your
    messageboard.

Re: BF2 STATS are killing the game and the boards?

Uh huh. Notice I've got a damn near 2:1 W/L ratio? Also notice I've got all the badges I currently can? Obviously getting those badges is not interfering in any way with winning for me. Maybe you need to try harder?

As far as the images, I have zero issues with them. No lag, no load time, nothing. Get off 56k.

Comment

and now mods want stats? :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
        Uh huh. Notice I've got a damn near 2:1 W/L ratio? Also notice I've got all the badges I currently can? Obviously getting those badges is not interfering in any way with winning for me. Maybe you need to try harder?

As far as the images, I have zero issues with them. No lag, no load time, nothing. Get off 56k.
        Agreed 100%.

Comment

Know what, you're all right!

I've been lucky enough to have chosen the right time and place when I've gone for badges and the team has won.

But I've seen other acting like real tards obviously going for knife and pistol etc and not helping take flags, or changing tactics when the team is losing.

It's about priorities, for me the badge can wait for a more 'convenient' time, the team win is everything.

Comment

You know what?

I wonder if these uber stat whores you complain about has absolutely nothing left to do in the game except to scrape up the last of the badges from a dying game like BF2?

Comment

Ok, stats ADD to the game... people wouldn't be following rules any better if there weren't stats. Stats/medals/badges also give the player something to work for, besides just kills/a thrill.

Comment

WDA_Endless954, Apparently you have been spending so much time
                playing video games you never learned how to read, and comprehend.
                I NEVER complained about sucking, or having low scores! I know 90%
                of the guys will do better than me, and I'm ok with that. My complaint
                is about PLAYERS GOING FOR STATS NOT WORKING AS A SQUAD OR
                A TEAM. On this subject what does your individual WIN LOSS RATIO
                have to do with you working with your squad mates? This is exaclty
                my point. How much time are you going to spend focusing on working
                with your squad mates if you are going for that 12th knife kill?? Maybe
                you are special and can do both, and if that's the case, I would love
                to work in game with you, but if so, you are the exception, not the RULE.

Now regarding 56k?
                Think about what you said... Would I be playing BF2 if I were on 56k?
                DUH! I have a cable connection and my load times are excellent. Whether
                you believe it or not (as an Website Administrator I have some knowledge)
                all of these images effect the board performance, which is why most will
                restrict Avatars and Sigs to 30k or less. Not to mention when the
                image link becomes a dead link, and sig stats servers go down or move
                it generates a lot of error logs on the server side.

I'm not looking to start a flame war here, but don;t insult my intellegence
                by denying the fact that there is a problem with players working as a team. If I could find a good server, where 70-80% of the players were
                working as a team, I be there evertime online, because I am not out to
                impress anyone with my stats, I just want to feel like I am working with
                a squad, not providing spawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                  Ok, stats ADD to the game... people wouldn't be following rules any better if there weren't stats. Stats/medals/badges also give the player something to work for, besides just kills/a thrill.
                  LMAO, you are a model customer for EA. Stats system is there for one thing and one thing only, its EA's way to make people keep playing the game. The stats system ADD's nothing to the game, it promote stats padding and the use of exploits.

".....people wouldn't be following rules any better if there weren't stats." LMAO.
                  I mostly play in an unranked server of a well behaved community, they not only follow rules, they also follow orders. Try go to one of these servers and see what you been missing playing day in and day out to be the slave of the stats system.

Comment

Absolutely agreed. Stats are responsible for making players play selfishly. If, however, DICE would have thought more aboutit, they could have used said stats to encourage teamplay and following orders. So, the stats themselves arent the main problem, its how those stats encourage you to play, that is the problem.

As for signatures, it ****es me off that I have to wait for the page to display, just because some ass has a 100KB or bigger signature. And there are many asses like that on the page. Limit this ****.

Im on BB- 2.5Mbit DL speed.

Comment

Originally posted by =AFSG=Moonshine
                      WDA_Endless954, Apparently you have been spending so much time
                      playing video games you never learned how to read, and comprehend.
                      I NEVER complained about sucking, or having low scores! I know 90%
                      of the guys will do better than me, and I'm ok with that. My complaint
                      A TEAM. On this subject what does your individual WIN LOSS RATIO
                      have to do with you working with your squad mates?
                      =AFSG=Moonshine,
                      I beleive the point of this gentleman bringing up hiw W/L is that he could be both playing to win the map as well as be getting good stats. By pointing out that he has a 2:1 W/L he is showing you that he plays to win the map most of the time. So that is working as a team as far as I am concerned.

*resisting.. urge.. to insult*

Comment

I play for stats only for the unlocks. Awards i just get at random occasions.

Comment

Mayfield, thanks for *resisting.. urge.. to insult*!!

Your a bigger man than I. I probibly should not have insulted ENDLESS and
                          appologize for that. It just sucks everytime someone posts a point of view
                          someone always chimes in and calls them a whiner, and basically tells them
                          how much they suck.

I WILL check out those other servers.

I will never have enough time in my life to logg that many hours in any
                          game. I just want to have an enjoyable experience in game.

I always joined the RANKED server, because I thought they were the only
                          ones with any kind of regulation and security from cheaters. I have a hard
                          enough time staying alive in game as it is, I don't need some guy hiding in
                          walls picking me off at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            Absolutely agreed. Stats are responsible for making players play selfishly. If, however, DICE would have thought more aboutit, they could have used said stats to encourage teamplay and following orders. So, the stats themselves arent the main problem, its how those stats encourage you to play, that is the problem.

As for signatures, it ****es me off that I have to wait for the page to display, just because some ass has a 100KB or bigger signature. And there are many asses like that on the page. Limit this ****.

Im on BB- 2.5Mbit DL speed.
                            Disable the signatures in your Forum options. That is what I did with mine and my Download is faster than yours. I dont need sigs and stuff to decorate otherwise poor posts such as mine own LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by =AFSG=Moonshine
                              My complaint
                              A TEAM.
                              Same here, and I actually have the idea how to fix that in this thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76822 (Playing Deathmatch in BF2). But good luck to all of us who places game objective higher than our own rank/points/badges/etc... EA will certainly go after big bucks and therefore - will be satisfying a crowd of kids who still think they are playing a Deathmatch game. May be the game DOES need a higher maturity rating :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X