Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you fly a helicopter on the top edge of an Ice Cream Cone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fly a helicopter on the top edge of an Ice Cream Cone?

How do you fly a helicopter on the top edge of an Ice Cream Cone? (The tip being a flag and you pointing down at a 60 degree attack angle)

I can't seem to keep the helicopter at a constant distance. Any pointers?

Re: How do you fly a helicopter on the top edge of an Ice Cream Cone?

Do you have a joystick?

Comment

i use arrow keys. after a long time of flyin the chopper ( you can check my stats ) i am happy to tell you how to do it.

make sure your chopper is at 100% acceleration, nose down, strafe to the left or right while pushing your nose down. make sure to slightly tilt the crop of the chopper to the direction you want to cone to spin. practice that and you will come up with it. technique varies.

PS: i hate joystick jocks. ill own all you bitches w/ my arrow keys!

Comment

PS: i hate joystick jocks. ill own all you bitches w/ my arrow keys!
        Looks like someone has been wasting his money on burgers and candy, rather than buy a great tool he disses.

With a joystick, just days before it died, I was able to finally make the maneuver you speak of. However, I didnt get it that sharp yet. I was able to circle around a flagpost, pointing my nose down and staying at a very short radius from it.

People say mouse is the best tool to achieve that, they will probably help you out better. I know that by pushing down the stick, using yaw and keeping the accel. at 100, I can do it aswell, but I lose altitude too fast. So I just use my own trick that gets the job done.

Comment

i actually USED my money fixing up my machine taking about $200 worth of RAM and $600 worth of video card. Not to menion the custom tower and liquid cooling system. so dont badger me on wasting money on some bitch ass joystick i dont even need.

I use stock keyboard; ball mouse; factory monitor. no need for lazer mouses or ******** joysticks.

* if you lose altitude pulling off the tornado manuever than you are doing it wrong. it is a ,manuever meant to spin the chopper along its axis in the same position. think of a car doing a donut. the rear wheels spin while the front of the car is in the reletively same spot the whole time. You have to understand how to do it to pull it off. not to mention undertsand the physics of the chopper.

ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmunee3o5
            i use arrow keys. after a long time of flyin the chopper ( you can check my stats ) i am happy to tell you how to do it.
            make sure your chopper is at 100% acceleration, nose down, strafe to the left or right while pushing your nose down. make sure to slightly tilt the crop of the chopper to the direction you want to cone to spin. practice that and you will come up with it. technique varies.
            Agreed 100%. I do use a stick, but for Jets only. Find it much easier to fly the helo w/kb/mouse, and I have a fair amount of time in them.

Just as he said. Basically use your main rotor to move side to side - tilting yourself slightly to the direction you wish to strafe, lean more for more speed, back off and coast around when youre fast enough. A combination of mouse and kb movement will get this move down.

Couple other things. 60 degrees is ok if youre wanting to use missles, but this move is usually for raping a flag full of infantry, keep the angle a bit lower, its easier, and gives your gunner a better shot - at 60d he wont be able to do any close range TV's when that tank respawns

Also, sensitivity up as high as you can handle. I have mine maxed out for most vehicles, really helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmunee3o5
              i actually USED my money fixing up my machine taking about $200 worth of RAM and $600 worth of video card. Not to menion the custom tower and liquid cooling system. so dont badger me on wasting money on some bitch ass joystick i dont even need.

I use stock keyboard; ball mouse; factory monitor. no need for lazer mouses or ******** joysticks.
              i wants pr00f 0f dat!!!11one!

* if you lose altitude pulling off the tornado manuever than you are doing it wrong. it is a ,manuever meant to spin the chopper along its axis in the same position. think of a car doing a donut. the rear wheels spin while the front of the car is in the reletively same spot the whole time. You have to understand how to do it to pull it off. not to mention undertsand the physics of the chopper.
              I´ll stay off the offensive line for a moment-

Could you please describe in detail how you make the maneuver work. Lets say youre approaching a flag at a 300 knot speed with your nose tilted down a bit. What do you do?

ass.
              :laugh: , man, you look like someone who has been owned by jets, driven by pilots, using a joystick, a bit too much. Please, cry on my shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit

Also, sensitivity up as high as you can handle. I have mine maxed out for most vehicles, really helps a lot.
                Sensitivity only alters the effects of using th mouse when flying the chopper.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

Could you please describe in detail how you make the maneuver work. Lets say youre approaching a flag at a 300 knot speed with your nose tilted down a bit. What do you do?
                If i were coming to a flag at roughly 300 knots. first thing would be to go nose up and slow down a bit. then nose down while tilting the crop on the choper to the left or right, depending on what objects i dont want to hit while spinning. then nose down, accelerate 100%. ( i will describe how to do it spinning the chopper to the right.) tilt the crop of the chopper to the right while positioning the nose of the chopper to the left, specifically aiming at the center point ( flag or an enemy vehicle you want your gunner to take out ) and accelerate. try to keep a constant speed while pulling off the manuever. going too fast will make you spin too wide and you'll end up crashing into something. happy?

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

, man, you look like someone who has been owned by jets, driven by pilots, using a joystick, a bit too much. Please, cry on my shoulder.
                I find this amusing. If i were emotionally hurt the way you intended me to be, i wouldnt have told you how to pull off the manuever. But i bet you feel real cool that you dissed someone over the internet. good job mate. you should feel special! :yay:

actually i do suck in jets. only bombing w/ the J-10 is my skill. that and shotting other planes down w/ the J-10, but everyone and their mom is good at that. I do the chopper flying in my clan, so im quite experienced w/ the that.

Comment

I once tried to fly a chopper with my mouse. I titled forward and died as soon as I took off.

Joysticks ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                    I once tried to fly a chopper with my mouse. I titled forward and died as soon as I took off.

Joysticks ftw!
                    ftw? uhhhh

Comment

F*ck The What?

It means for the win

Comment

Settle down kids.

Comment

I wasn't being abuse! I swear!

I was saying WTF backwards.

Comment

I was talking to Mr. "I'm better than everyone"

Get over yourselves and help explain the technique. No need to argue over which is better..keyboard or joystick. That's like saying blue is a better colour than red.

Comment

LOL OOOOHH!!!!LOLOL got it

Comment

Working...
                              X