Did AT get super rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did AT get super rockets?

I wish there was a special fire mode for the rockets and you could make them DF. Sometimes popping out of cover, firing a rocket and taking cover again cuses them to miss.

I'm pretty good at blind firing my missile, but I'd sometimes like to fire and forget.

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
      I'm convinced most people still don't know about the guiding system. I've got two friends who play BF2 and they had no clue about it till we played on a lan together.
      Ditto on the LGBs on the bomber jets too. So many people seem to think the only guided weapons are the AAMs, the SAMs and the attack chopper TV missile... Well, I suppose most know the TOW is guided too...

I've also seen many who don't know the rocket on the APC is guided as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
        Exactly, there never was a one shot kill on an APC (except for TOW), but there is now. What I think I'm talking about is something that happened to me a couple times in one round. One shot killed in an APC by an AT rocket. It happened, my question is why?
        OF course if the guy drives the APC like I do, it was probably well damaged to start off with.

I leave the heavy steel to others.

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
          OF course if the guy drives the APC like I do, it was probably well damaged to start off with.

I leave the heavy steel to others.

KBK
          No, lol, I was full health. One AT rocket killed me when I was at full health with another engineer beside me. Two or three times IAR.

Comment

I had noticed some change in the damage that APC's take, but I assumed it was the APC's, and their repair ability that had changed, not the AT rockets.

Who knows. :hmm:

Comment

seriously AT takes me out instantly...I havent seen this before installing 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by coldsteal
                If you know the "Sweet Spot" you can kill a tank
                shoot right between the turret and body, works
                every time
                & the tracks on a tank & near that fuel can on the apc iirc

Comment

For me, it has always taking 3 AT rockets to kill a tank. 2 AT rockets to kill an APC.

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
                    Exactly, there never was a one shot kill on an APC (except for TOW), but there is now. What I think I'm talking about is something that happened to me a couple times in one round. One shot killed in an APC by an AT rocket. It happened, my question is why?
                    now that C4 can be chucked in 1.3, you were probably C4'ed at the same instant that AT rocket hit you. also repair radius and repair rate has been reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by coldsteal
                      If you know the "Sweet Spot" you can kill a tank
                      shoot right between the turret and body, works
                      every time
                      sweet spot on both tank and apc 1 shot one kill do exist but unless ur l33t they are hard to hit everytime everyone i know manages about 30% of the time

Comment

IRL, A/T rockets kill tanks in one shot. IG, A/T rockets are used for sniping individuals off of high buildings, but are useless against anything but already smoking vehicles.

I think the developers need to revisit their damage models.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                          No, wheels don't mean **** on an APC, and there is no one hit spot on an APC.. I don't know what that dude thinks he's talking about

Proof: no one shot (except for TOW) http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/lavhit1.jpg
                          if you shoot the back of the turret on the apc on top boom 1 shot kill we have tested this out and get the kill 1 shot 30% of the time average its does burn for about 3 to 4 seconds then explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by [UT]MajorHavoc
                            now that C4 can be chucked in 1.3, you were probably C4'ed at the same instant that AT rocket hit you. also repair radius and repair rate has been reduced.
                            If it happened once I'd agree with you, but it was a couple times and once I was in the open under UAV with nobody near me. Rules that out. Also dolphin diving is back, which is completely cheap.

Comment

Working...
                            X