Did AT get super rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did AT get super rockets?

I've noticed since 1.3 AT rockets seem to pack more of a punch.

I'll be rolling in a tank/apc as engy with two engys in armor right on top of me and still get taken out by two AT rockets in a tank, and I've been one shot killed with an AT rocket in an apc.

At first I thought it was simultanious impacts, but then the wife of a clan mate was on the opposing team on ventrilo with us and she one shot killed my apc twice with AT rockets IAR. This ruined my other thought, that I happened into very good AT players...she's just starting to play the game and did it twice.

I've also noticed that the distance engineers in vehicles next to each other will repair each other seems to have been reduced.

Before you could simply be near each other and fix each other. Now I've been no kidding touching another vehicle with an engineer in it as well and neither of us could do more than increase the health one bar per three seconds or so.

Needless to say between seemingly super rockets and the broken wrenches armor has become a pain in the you know what.

And before anyone thinks I'm moaning that I cannot spawn kill, I use armor to kill armor, I don't waste time on infantry unless they're a threat. My K/D in armor will attest to that.

So, since no official change logs mentioned anything about adjusting AT rocket strength or engineers ability to repair each other (aside from the wrench logo not appearing), anyone else had similar experiances lately? Anyone have an explenation?

Re: Did AT get super rockets?

I haven't noticed anything. I still hate those damn uber-humvees, I wish they were as weak in old patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
      I haven't noticed anything. I still hate those damn uber-humvees, I wish they were as weak in old patches.
      Ah yes, the invinceable cars.

Also, was in a tank with a clan mate in an APC next to me when we see a jihad hummer coming. I put a round from my main gun into it, he puts a TOW into it as well as shooting at it....and he brushes that all off to kill me. Unreal.

Comment

I hadn't thought that the AT rocket had got stronger, but I did think the APCs seemed a little weaker post-patch... Which one is true I don't know, but yeah, I had a similar thought.

Comment

if you aim the AT rockets in the right place you can kill a tank in 2 shots and an apc in 1 just need precision shooting

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
          Before you could simply be near each other and fix each other. Now I've been no kidding touching another vehicle with an engineer in it as well and neither of us could do more than increase the health one bar per three seconds or so.
          wasnt their a change in the patch for engineers so that the bar appeared correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
            if you aim the AT rockets in the right place you can kill a tank in 2 shots and an apc in 1 just need precision shooting
            This I know, but the difference is that before it took someone who knew WTF they were doing, now it seems anyone can. And like I said, she is brand spankin' new to BF2 and managed it a couple times.

It may be that the damage AT did I always ignored because I'm always in column with other engys. Now that we can't hardly fix each other it might just highlight the AT's capabilities. Then again, I was never, not once one shot killed by AT pre-1.3, which is what makes me ask.

Comment

i agree with boots, an AT rocket designed for a tank should get rid of a humvee in no time flat..

But i have also noticed its taking less shots for me to die (possibly due to playing more experienced players) and its taking longer to repair.

Comment

The TOW's are alot more powerful, Yesterday on Karkand my APC kept getting hit by that one at the train acident!! Plus it was **** straight at me, not at the wheels?

The correct spelling of "strait" is blocked, WTF??

Comment

Originally posted by Megahurtz
                  The TOW's are alot more powerful, Yesterday on Karkand my APC kept getting hit by that one at the train acident!! Plus it was **** straight at me, not at the wheels?

The correct spelling of "strait" is blocked, WTF??
                  One TOW shot will take out an APC easy, and a tank with aim. Nothing new there.

Originally posted by baggygreen
                  i agree with boots, an AT rocket designed for a tank should get rid of a humvee in no time flat..
                  It's one thing when one AT rocket doesn't kill a car, it's another when one hit from a tank's main gun, one TOW from an APC, and an APC shooting at it doesn't kill it. That is just insane.

Comment

a TOW should/can kill an apc in 1 shot

btw are you constantly refreshing the page Endless?

Comment

If you know the "Sweet Spot" you can kill a tank
                      shoot right between the turret and body, works
                      every time

Comment

I thought the tracks were the weakest spot on a tank...? And the wheels on an APC...? No?

Comment

yeah im still confused about the sweet spots, sometimes I 1 shot stuff, other times I get 1 shot off and then I die..

Comment

No, wheels don't mean **** on an APC, and there is no one hit spot on an APC.. I don't know what that dude thinks he's talking about

Proof: no one shot (except for TOW) http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/lavhit1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                              No, wheels don't mean **** on an APC, and there is no one hit spot on an APC.. I don't know what that dude thinks he's talking about

Proof: no one shot (except for TOW) http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/lavhit1.jpg
                              I havent found a sweet spot on an APC only tanks

Comment

Working...
                              X