Stop Vehicle Theft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Vehicle Theft!

So I was playing a game of Mashtuur City this weekend and a very familiar scenario played out...

I was rolling around the map in a Tank, minding my own business and acting as a battering ram for my team's infantry assaults... we were taking lots of flags and all was well... I was the only friendly engineer within a few hundred meters of my location and my tank was on the verge of explosion so I backed out of the hot zone, around the back of a small building and jumped out to repair... my gunner stayed put and guarded my backside from any incomming infantry who would seek to ruin my tank repair party... when what should I see?

Some Sniper jumped off a roof, parachuted down ontop of my tank, jumped in and charged off into battle.

INFURIATING!!!

Seriously, where are the manners? Where is the respect?

I clinched my teeth and trotted off into combat and did the other half of my engineer duty (which I will get to in a second)...

Wouldnt it be really nice if a vehicle stayed "locked" or "assigned" to its driver for a period of time upon the driver exiting the vehicle?

A 30 second "Vehicle Assignment" counter or something that would keep greedy ride-thiefs from hosing their teammates would be SO sweet.

anyway, back to the story... the Bridge from Hotel to Mosque was a weakspot in our defense so I mined it up... Our sniper friend, responding to the turning of the flag at the Power Plant, charged across the bridge, blew up himself on the mines I laid and then punished me for the TK...did I mention he wasnt squaded up?

Lets see..... an un-squaded sniper who steals tanks and punishes for TKs.... Could there be any more of an a-hole player?

Re: Stop Vehicle Theft!

its jus a game, every1 has bad days. be glad, he didnt go in the wrong direction n roll over u when he took the tank.

Comment

The counter measure of which you speak would be nice, but sounds tricky to implement. I know in Reality Mod enemy vehicles are "locked" to the opposite team.

But if that was put in, it would ruin all the times i jumped in an enemy tank as the enemy engy repaired it, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by venny
        its jus a game, every1 has bad days. be glad, he didnt go in the wrong direction n roll over u when he took the tank.
        +1

Some players are just idiots. I try to ignore them but sometimes, as you explained, it's hard.

I rarely play with vehicles though, so I solve that problem! Vehicles only cause arguments with the "It's MY vehicle!", "No! It's MINE!"

Comment

Originally posted by venny
          :laugh: That is what normaly happens then he gets blown up on the mine you left behind you in case and punishes you for the TK. Go and check the mine videos for another laugh

Comment

that does get annoying from time to time, if you recall the name of the person who stole your tank when they ask for repairs and you could help out i just drive off and let the sod die

Comment

I say, tough for you for getting out, especially if it was an enemy that took it.

Comment

I totally agree with you, Consultant, it would be good to add some kind of lock!

Comment

or, you could find someone else to repair you, or repair somewhere that has noone on it.

Comment

Just once I would like to be the benefactor of some gamer-kindness but that seems impossible. You just can't count on gamers to show good character consistently.

I just hope that every once in a while, a selfish player will read a thread like this, realize how many people hate his kind and decide to change.

Call me an idealist, but I haven't given up on people just yet.

Comment

Stand on top of it while you repair, if the nub drives off in it make sure he earns a nice TK for his theft.

But yeah, taking vehicles while you're repairing stinks...

Comment

Just tk him back. If the server kicks after so many punishes, grab a hummer, drive towards him and bail out at the last second so you don't get credited for the tk. When you're done with that, take note of his name and follow him around on every server he goes to with BF2S so you can return the favor multiple times

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me with my Ford Fiesta, some git broke the window, hotwired it and drove off!
                          Just buy a cheapy steering wheel lock it will put off those pesky snipers as it will mean them having to put down their rifle, undo their ghillie suit (those strips of material can get caught in the door etc!!) and then waste time hacking through the bar with their knife! In 99.9% of such cases they will simply not bother

Comment

well if your spec ops and you still have c4. well you know what to do

Comment

The WORST thing is when you drive up a Hummer or Vod from behind an enemy attack, you see an enemy squad move out in the open in front of you, advancing toward your flag, you begin to open up with the .50, and out of nowhere a friendly player comes up, jumps in the driver's seat, and drives off. There is nothing more aggravating, believe me.:cussing: :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X