"Fox 1" sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Fox 1" sound

The brits have some of the funniest sh1t... like "Starlight" for a medic pack

Comment

I'm surprised I haven't seen the answer yet, so here it is.

If you increase your sound detail to medium or high, you hear more of the audio cues in multiplayer. If the detail is on low, you will hear the basic ones in multiplayer.

When I had mine set to low, I could not hear the "Fox 1" or many others (grenade ones for example). It's set to medium now, and now I do.

Comment

Originally posted by elstonieo
        that 1 dont play for me but the 1 here does
        C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client.zip/Sound/English/Commander/No_Filter/AUTO_MOODGP_C_missilefired
        That's the commander one you posted. I posted the lonewolf one or aka the standard one.

Comment

Originally posted by -=4th=-1/2Hawk
          Now thats just cruel and unusual punishment.... poor little foxes...

nice sig....

Comment

I wish it would give me a tone or something that my co shot one before waisting a full load

Comment

Originally posted by -=4th=-1/2Hawk
              Now thats just cruel and unusual punishment.... poor little foxes...

haha .. thats too much LMAo

Comment

Originally posted by Metasynaptic
                The reason the Pheonix was so good was it's 150 nm range.

It was actually a semi-active seeker head, so therefore should have been Fox 1.
                Yeah, uhmm....so why don't you go tell the military to stop calling it a Fox 3. Why are people continually trying to post bad info on forums like they know what they are talking about.

Fox 1 - AIM-9 Sidewinder missile (Heat Seeking)
                Fox 2 - AIM-7 Sparrow missile (Radar)
                Fox 3 - AIM-54 Phoenix missile
                Fox 4 - AIM-120 AMRAAM

Comment

About the Fox *Number* debate - do you think EA/Dice would actually do the checks on this? I have no idea about anything in the military but when you get a lock on a helo and fire with the shout of "Fox one, fox one" it makes it more interesting, if not totally correct.
                  However like some other folk I don't hear that in Multiplayer, but I do in Singleplayer. I think its either lag or a bug - notice online missiles appear further away from your AA thing than in Singleplayer.
                  -=4th=-1/2Hawk, great picture, made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                    As far as I can tell this seems to....

1. Be an australian SAS thing, Perhaps a code name for medic.
                    2. Completley made up, why?! I dont know.

I codename would make more sense, after all, how many times have you overheard someone near you shout "medic" and thought "oooo hes on low health he wont take much to go down". Same principles must work on the real battlefield. Shouting "MEDIC" within ear shot of your enemy is never a good idea.

Comment

ASRAAM's rock, short range but one hell of a beast. Name rocks too lol

Originally posted by Boots
                      I AM English and am YET to meet ANY British person who says 'starlight'.

Comment

Working...
                      X