"Fox 1" sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fox 1" sound

I was just reading through this thread, and they mention that in certain situations you can here "Fox 1" being shouted by your soldier, for example when you are in an AA nest, or in the co-pilot seat of the F-15.

I have NEVER heard this, can anyone confirm whether it's actually in the game or not? And then tell me why I can't hear it!

Re: "Fox 1" sound

i only hear this in singleplayer...

Comment

Originally posted by donpost
      I was just reading through this thread, and they mention that in certain situations you can here "Fox 1" being shouted by your soldier, for example when you are in an AA nest, or in the co-pilot seat of the F-15.

I have NEVER heard this, can anyone confirm whether it's actually in the game or not? And then tell me why I can't hear it!
      You can only hear it in single player. I think the reason it's not in the game is because it's bugged; ie you only hear fox 1 and never fox 2,3,4 etc

Comment

Ah, that explains it. Thanks guys

Comment

erm, whats fox1, i didnt play single player, i jumped to multi player the moment i got this game.

Comment

I thought I heard it on Euro forces or something, could be mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by venny
              erm, whats fox1, i didnt play single player, i jumped to multi player the moment i got this game.
              Well, you could always try it for yourself...but it's when you fire a missle after you're locked on.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                You can only hear it in single player. I think the reason it's not in the game is because it's bugged; ie you only hear fox 1 and never fox 2,3,4 etc
                I hear it online too. Only when in the SU-34 though?

My soldier says "ive got a lock on him", then "Fox1"......?

I posted about these wierd radio calls sometime ago.

They first started around 1.12 i would believe offline. Then the next patch came and they started playing online as well. That was the point in which radiop chatter changed for me as well. I always heard the radio before 1.12, then after that, when a soldier was close enough, i would just hear thier speaking voice?

Comment

Also, fox 1 is the designation for rear aspect IR missiles.

Comment

Since 1.3 I have had it on multiplayer, get a laser lock on a tank or somthing ("I got lock!") then fire... "Fox One!"

Comment

Fox One is the call sign for a radar guided missle. Fox Two is the call sign for IR guided missles.

Comment

I heard about it, but i myself have never heard it. I currently have xfi, and i have use onboard, audigy gamer, and now xfi, but i have never heard it.

Comment

its definently in multiplayer, at least in patch 1.21, its when your copilot in the bombers, once you get a lock he yells "Ive got a lock" than once you fire he says "Fox 1"

Comment

Originally posted by Metasynaptic
                            Also, fox 1 is the designation for rear aspect IR missiles.
                            Winner.

Originally posted by SFTC AKHeero
                            Fox One is the call sign for a radar guided missle. Fox Two is the call sign for IR guided missles.
                            WRONG

Fox 1
                            - AIM-9 Sidewinder missile (Heat Seeking)

Fox 2
                            - AIM-7 Sparrow missile (Radar)

Fox 3
                            - AIM-54 Phoenix missile

Fox 4
                            - AIM-120 AMRAAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                              Since 1.3 I have had it on multiplayer, get a laser lock on a tank or somthing ("I got lock!") then fire... "Fox One!"
                              Now thats just cruel and unusual punishment.... poor little foxes...

Comment

Working...
                              X