Transport Choppers - Fly high or low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Choppers - Fly high or low?

My common practice in transport choppers was fly fast and low and you can eliminate the AA rockets and most traffic from enemy fire. Thing is... this weekend i got in a chopper and the guy took off but went directly up. Once he leveled out.. i couldnt see squat on the map.. but we never got touched nor noticed from any jets.

As i fly low and fast.. if a jet spots me.. i yell at everyone to bail otherwise its enemy 6, us 0. But when this guy took off.. in my head i was giving him hell due to the fact i thought he was wasting time. ( maybe going for the flying medal etc. ) But thinking it over... what if a squad leader took a chopper and advised his squad he would stay sky high.. and all they had to do was spawn in, and jump out over flag areas. Now.. i think this could easily work IF the squad listened. Think about it.. usually the squad leader ends up dieing.. and then you AND your squad have to trek it all the way back .. and sometimes.. thats a good 4-5 minute run if there are no vehicles lying around.

So.. in your opinions... do you prefer to fly sky high? or fast and low?

When i fly.. i can swoop in on a flag... land right beside it.. take the flag, then move on. But... you tend to get killed VERY easily if they defend the flags well with arty, and bomber jets.

Do you change your style based on the map as well?

Thanks for any opinions...

Re: Transport Choppers - Fly high or low?

most of the time i go high (unless i KNOW that the flag isnt well defended), then i just get up high (300 ish) nd get my squad bailing out to the flags while i stay up in helio

Comment

in attack i fly low and fast but in transport choppers i fly sky high

Comment

I was in a squad yesterday and we kept parachuing out at ~300 ft.
        You could paracute all the way to every single base and the jets didn't get him for quite a while

Comment

thats why its good to go high in the sky

Comment

i always fly low, its so much fun, especially in jets. also, you dont waste time and can get some kills on the way if your lucky

Comment

I like to get high, and fly low...

Comment

I prefer to stay low, decreases the chance of getting seen most times IMO

Comment

I do the "squad chopper" tactic all the time. Works wonders on maps like mashtuur, imagine 5 players constantly dropping from the sky able to land on any rooftop/spawn anywhere they like (if they ask me nicely)

Comment

I play wake alot, whenever i get the blackhawk i fill her up and take it to the south corner of the map first (to avoid the baseraping j10's), then get to about 350-400 and cruise to the airfield, i am never bothered by any enemy, not even an attemted missile lock. You just have to deal with everyone bit*hing at you telling you to "GO, WTF ARE YOU DOING?".

Yesterday I LAN'ed it up with 4 of my buddies and we made our squad and did helo-drops on every base, It was funny, some people on the other team were calling us cheaters cause they thought we had a cheat that let us spawn anywhere on the map :laugh:

Comment

In these days of weak helo armour, only a moron flies low. Speed wont help you when there are 50cals, AA, choppers and jets all competing for a piece of you. Fly high or don't bother.

Comment

i fly so low i scrape the ground sometimes.... hehe... but i always land 4 awhile n repair myself then continue flying

Comment

i dont know how peeps fly sooo low i can fly semi low but not like under bridges and stuff. . . . nuts

Comment

When over water, i fly really low and sometimes put it on auto-hover so i can fish out the door. Only problem is, i cant figure out why i lose my lure every time i cast...

Comment

try dipping your chopper in the sea in wake, its fun

Comment

Working...
                              X