Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.30: ROE-Can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.30: ROE-Can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some spots?

In 1.30 can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some spots and still comply with ROE?

Would this fall under the "don't drop artillery on uncappable flags" argument?

So, for example, could a server admin make a rule:

"No Dropping of Vehicles on the USS Essex or on Runways"

Re: 1.30: ROE-Can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some spots?

Since it would be an "attack", yeah, I think it should be perfectly OK under the ROE to disallow Cartillery against uncaps.

Comment

Re: 1.30: ROE-Can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some sp

Originally posted by Wargimp
      Since it would be an "attack", yeah, I think it should be perfectly OK under the ROE to disallow Cartillery against uncaps.
      Ahahah i like that. "Cartillery" Not a bad idea though its a pain to enforce.

Comment

Re: 1.30: ROE-Can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some sp

LOL..."Cartillery"!!!! Didn't think of calling it that.

Comment

Re: 1.30: ROE-Can a server admin make a rule to disallow dropping vehicles at some spots?

actually since a vehicle drop is considered supplies, that wouldnt be an attack at an upcap. I will have to get clarification on this..

Comment

yes, lets get the official word!

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]IndianScout
              actually since a vehicle drop is considered supplies, that wouldnt be an attack at an upcap. I will have to get clarification on this..
              I'd think that since it would be used to damage the enemy team, it's a no-brainer that it would be considered an "attack".

Offical words are good things ta get tho.

Comment

the enemy commander tried squishing me since i wasnt moving much. the only reason i wasnt moving much is sniping with the AT was all i could do without lagging too bad. this vehicle drop idea is not a good thing imo.

Comment

Seems like this is creating more problems than solutions.

Comment

I'd think that since it would be used to damage the enemy team, it's a no-brainer that it would be considered an "attack".

Offical words are good things ta get tho.

hmmm, thinks up sarcastic prediction :blabla:

THEY WILL make up a rule that if anyone uses an ammo crate as a ladder to get to higher places, they will be violating the ROE.

holds breath :evil:

Comment

Wake Island is magical now take off in a J-10 to fly into a flying vehicle that lands in your path just as your near the middle of the run way! Awesome. I can see that now.

Comment

Our server has a "no attacking uncaps" rule. I actually brought this up as "can we do this?"

I command a lot, so it occured to me that when we're kicking the other teams butts, on Wake for example, that I could drop cars on the carrier and kill a couple at a time. Not to mention the distraction having a few DPVs on the carrier would cause!

We all agreed that we don't know, lol. So Indian, give us some guidance here!

Comment

i would call it an attack too as the vehicle does have guns.

Also, IndainScout should know it can be used as an attack after i dropped one on his head

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]IndianScout

Well the bad thing is, like on a runway last night. The other teams Cmdr kept on dropping vehicles nad supply crates on the run way. I think there was like 6 or so crates and buggies everywhere. Every time a jet would take off, it would get hit by the buggy. Same as for the helo.

Its being abused not being used for what it is meant to be used for.

It was really annoying thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I

Its being abused not being used for what it is meant to be used for.
                              And you didn't see that coming?

TBH Its a no brainer for a Commander to do this because a. it works, and b. the vehicle resupply button respawns really quickly. Even if there was a rule brought in not to do it on uncaps or runways, it would still be used in a way that's going to p*ss people off. For instance, the TV station helipad on Sharqi, its not an uncap, its a legitimate arty target and the perfect place to drop a Voidnik when the US jump in the AH-1. You'd be a fool not to do it (it is really funny). I even managed to take out a sniper on top of the crane with one.

The only way you're going to fix this is to take it out of the game. It was an utterly stupid idea in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X