X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crash to Desktop after 1.3

Originally posted by DarkPace
    ok guys I aint patched yet,

Can someone confirm if you have no modded bf2.exe and install full patch, restart pc, all should be good ?
    No, i did a clean reinstall + full patch and i still CTD. So it's not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
      Where/when do you get a CTD? Ingame? Always at the same moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
        So was I.

Do you still have a Battlefield 2 folder in 'My Documents' after Uninstall?

If you do, delete it.

If this doesn't help, provide more info, i.e when it crashes,
        processes running, prior problems, your mothers maiden name

Comment

Originally posted by (-0-)Mr.Hyde
          So was I.

Do you still have a Battlefield 2 folder in 'My Documents' after Uninstall?

If you do, delete it.

If this doesn't help, provide more info, i.e when it crashes,
          processes running, prior problems, your mothers maiden name

Dont delete it rename it, the you can transfer all your profiles and setting once you are back up and running.

Comment

FYI; I used to get CTD when trying to join games, but restarting the PC fixed that

Comment

After 1.3, I now always get CTD when loading a map at about 60%. I didn't have this problem before 1.3.

I already tried all the fixes in this thread but they don't work. I also reinstalled multiple times and used full patch instead of incremental and updated all drivers and PB, but it all doesn't work.

I also tried to bring the graphics to medium, but doesn't help. I'm out of options here, anybody has a clue???

$%@#^!@% patches.

Comment

Im also CTD. Nice work EA !

I used the incremental patch and never had a problem until 1.3.

I might try a full reinstall later if i can be bothered... I might just shread the disc, combine it with the contents of my kats litter tray, reform it into something vaguely disc shaped, and then see if i can get my money back.

Im sure there wasnt a warning on the box when i bought it saying that it would give me hours of grief and stress combined, with a few minutes of utter joy.....

Comment

crash back to desk top not happy now.

Comment

I am getting CTD too.
                    Had done it once or twice before 1.3 restarted computer fixed it.
                    Now restarting does not fix it.
                    I do NOT want to reinstall bf2, sf, and full patch how annoying that would be
                    I have NEVER modified any bf2 files and never installed any other mods (besides official SF)

Not to mention the fact the the server browser is totally mangled now, finding a server to try and connect to is almost totally random... this sucks

Comment

This is reinstall #4 for me. EA tech is so far, very little help. They just told me to clear the reg and try again.

I did the incremental in the beginning - CTD when trying to connect to my account

uninstalled it all with the BF2 unistall, reinstalled, tried the full 1.3 patch - CTD same spot

uninstalled, followed ea's advise and cleared the registry, reinstalled, patched full - CTD same spot

I'm installing the 1.3 full from a new location now, im hoping the obscure site I used was corrupted or something. Cleared the reg yet again, reinstalled, and am waiting to get a new version of the patch from filecloud. I already know what's going to happen though. CTD. Same F-in spot.

Comment

I had this problem on the last two patches. I never did anything to the game other than install patches. I would crash every time on server join. I was able to fix this by deleting some things in the My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder. I believe it has something to do with the shader setups. I don't believe uninstalling fixed this the first time I had it cause it doesn't touch the My Documents Folder. Here's what I did for what its worth:

1) Open Windows Explorer to:
                        My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

2) Delete ALL folders and files in that path

3) If you have BF2: SF, open Windows Explorer to:
                        My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\cache

4) Delete ALL folders and files in that path

Once this was done, I opened the game and joined a server. It did the optimizing shaders again and I was then able to get in without a crash.

Hope that helps some of you

Comment

Well I had the joy of playing/patching this morning and here is what happens with me:

On SF it works just fine. On vanilla/ef it CTD when I click join game after everything loads, I have just been hitting esc to join but I shouldn't have to. I'm going to try a uninstall/reinstall and repatch and try that, if not I will see what happens with that cache file.

Yay! :hmm:

Aside from that, it plays great :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Madness
                            I had this problem on the last two patches. I never did anything to the game other than install patches. I would crash every time on server join. I was able to fix this by deleting some things in the My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder. I believe it has something to do with the shader setups. I don't believe uninstalling fixed this the first time I had it cause it doesn't touch the My Documents Folder. Here's what I did for what its worth:

1) Open Windows Explorer to:
                            My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

2) Delete ALL folders and files in that path

3) If you have BF2: SF, open Windows Explorer to:
                            My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\cache

4) Delete ALL folders and files in that path

Once this was done, I opened the game and joined a server. It did the optimizing shaders again and I was then able to get in without a crash.

Hope that helps some of you

No, doesn't help, keep getting the CTD, but the strange thing is, all at the same spot, at about 60% when loading a map.

Comment

I have bought BF2, SF and Euro Force...

And being desperate I bought AF last nite, hoping it by some miracle would fix this issue! It did not :cry:

This is absolutely unbelieveable!!!!

I payed lots of money, bought all releases from EA, and NOTHING WORKS!!

I have all the issues:
                              - 60% load of map, and CTD
                              - Finished loading map, then crash when trying to join server
                              and
                              - finally in 1 out of 10 tries, getting into a server, but the game crash when the round is almost done!

F... UP!!! COME ON EA! FIX THIS NOW!!!

I cant play BF, SF, EuroForce OR AF!!! this sucks!

Comment

I am getting the CTD right when i click "Join Server" from the server browser. EVERY TIME. SP WORKS FINE WTF IS WRON PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU HELP ME!

Comment

Working...
                                X