server list BIG problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: server list BIG problem

before I install, is anyone NOT getting this bug?

I dont want to have to reinstall bf2 after they retract the patch.

Comment

I'm not it works just as it did before (not good, but working)

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmate
        How they could take the absolute worst server browser ever in any game, AND MAKE IT EVEN WORSE. How is that even possible?
        Simple. GAMESPY! The biggest P.O.S. out there.

I honestly believe that they can't fix things. Not that they don't want to, it's just beyond their capability to change the code to get the results they want. I'm no programmer, but let them just admit that they cannot fix certain bugs like the red tag bug.

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
          I'm no programmer,
          I am, and beacuse of that is see their reasoning :

but let them just admit that they cannot fix certain bugs like the red tag bug.
          If they make borwser laggy and servers bunny hop - people don't get to play thaht much -> LESS RED TAG BUG. Next patch gonna corrupt the whole installation and the lead prog gets to close bug #4545562211 "Red tag bug" .

Comment

Well if anyone figures out a fix for this, post it here because I'm not playing until that's fixed. I'm done with BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor127
              Well if anyone figures out a fix for this, post it here because I'm not playing until that's fixed. I'm done with BF2.
              How about making your life easier by not using the ingame browser ?

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                well we could make our lives a whole lot easier by not playing bf2 to avoid all the bugs but that would defeat the object........

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                  That's all well and good, but sometimes you don't want to jump all the way out of the game and go to ASE or something to find another server (especially last night when some of my favourites hadn't been patched yet). I do find it incredible that they could manage to screw the in-game browser up again after a year of patches. Actually, I don't find it incredible at all.

Comment

I've tried using ASE, but when I try to join a game it just takes me to the BF2 start up screen where EA have that advertisment logo and it doesn't then go on to connect to the server I tried to join... meaning I have to do it through the awful in-game browser.

Any ideas how to circumvent this with ASE?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
                      Any ideas how to circumvent this with ASE?
                      Sticky at the top of the page

You just need to give ASE your login and password.

Comment

When i try to update the server list it takes FOREVER and i only getting about 600 servers instead of the usual 1000 +.

Also where has the refresh button gone??!!?? Have to update server list everytime, instead of just refreshing. Which is taking ages.

Also when in game i couldn't find the server info......like ip and port. So trying to play with my mates last night was a nightmare. Couple of us would join a server and then couldnt get ip to give to other mates so they could join.

FOR GODS SAKE!! I thought the patch was supposed to fix problems, not cause more!!!!!!

Comment

I think EA won't hotfix it, then you'll have to buy 2142

Comment

Working...
                          X