Something Odd that I noticed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Odd that I noticed.

Recently I noticed that if BF2 freezes, which happens every once and a while for me (but hey.. i overclock), then if I restart and play it the game stutters, the sound acts weird and produces odd noises, and overall performance is decreased.

If I restart the computer and play then everything is fine. I think its kind of odd that the game would perform poorly when you restart and play after an error. What could cause this? Maybe the game just doesn't unload properly from memory if it crashes. Also... today I noticed that after playing some F.E.A.R. I was getting the same problem. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

So does this happen to anyone else? Its not really a problem cuz my game rarely freezes, but I'm just curious why it would happen. Maybe its because I have a dual core CPU?

Anyways heres my specs....

Athlon 64 x2 4200+(OC to 2.42 Ghz)
    Asus A8V mobo
    Geforce 6800 GS (OCd to ultra clock/mem speeds w/ extra pipes and vertex units unlocked)
    2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR400
    Sound blaster Audigy 4

Re: Something Odd that I noticed.

This can happen with bad RAM or VRAM. You need to reboot or boot from cold (in my case, I could only boot from cold) to get around the errors.

You should run a stress test like Prime95 or BurnInTest to make sure your hardware is ok.

Comment

yeah like talus said. also, you should have problems from over clocking :

Recently I noticed that if BF2 freezes, which happens every once and a while for me (but hey.. i overclock),

That means, that the overclock is HURTING your performance therefore there wouldnt be a point for it eh?

What audio settings are you trying to run at?

Comment

I've had this problem on my son's pc since we first installed BF2.

Sometimes it hangs with repeating sounds then gives us a "Lost connection to server". Sometimes we get the blue screen telling us nv4_disp troubles and writing information. Sometimes it's just a lockup and requires a power reboot.

I replaced his powersupply, video card, cd-rom, fans etc... and it didn't help at all. Then I heard about this RAM voltage thing. I believe it would help my son's PC to up the RAM voltage....

But.... it's a micro-ATX using the MSI RS480M2 motherboard. And it doesn't have any option for altering RAM voltages at all

I've heard that just bumping .1 or .2 can completely fix this. Sure wish we could bump ours... oh well.

Comment

Working...
        X