Can't get BF2 to work at all now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't get BF2 to work at all now

Oh I try that, but I think that before and well it did not work. But I tell you if it does work, because I cannot remember if I did that last time.

Because I have not played BF2 for about 2-4 months Scinto.

Comment

the 1.3 patch is causing alot of problems for some people so dont be too discouraged

Comment

But I only started having problems before the 1.3 and after installing PR mod. And then an uninstall of PR mod did not fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          BF
          SF
          (whatever booster packs)
          Patch 1.3 Full
          I tried that, and well it did not solve my problem.

Comment

If I install any patches up to 1.03(Patch from 2005), then BF2 will load up for me. However if I install anything from 1.12 (Oct 05 Patch) and up, then BF2 will not load up for me?

But do you think the full 1.4 will finally fix my problems, once the game is out guys?

Comment

well if its only when u install 1.3 your having problems then i would say it is the 1.3 ****ing with your pc m8 try the 1.4 or even try reinstalling windows or do a system restore

Comment

I am not doing a reinstall of Windows until the full 1.4 comes out.

Comment

try cleaning your registry with a program dont see how pr can mess with your pc it only messes with the bf2 mod directory i might be wrong :cry:

Comment

I cleaned out stuff in the registry with some help files for cleaning BF2 stuff, and it did not fix anything.

Comment

Ok I've tried V1.4 and it did not make BF2 start-up, so I have tried all the ways of patching and not one way worked. Anyway, what programs did people use to do improved clean installs, and what ways are there to do clean graphic card driver installs?

Comment

I was testing something out, I used the bf2 demo.exe and replaced that as my bf2.exe, but I got a black screen, but nothing loaded up. So I am thinking something may have gone wrong with the 1.4 patch bf2.exe on my PC.

But sometime in the week, I will use the 1.12 bf2.exe and see if that fixes my bf2 start-up woes. However, if that does not fix it, then I will have to reformat my PC.

Comment

Why wouldn't you uninstall the demo and do a clean install of bf2? I'm confused as to what the demo has to do with any of this.

Comment

I had the same problem and the only thing that worked was to wipe the hard drive and have Windows XP re-insatlled.

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
                              Why wouldn't you uninstall the demo and do a clean install of bf2? I'm confused as to what the demo has to do with any of this.
                              I'm not saying the demo has anything to do with it, but I think the 1.4 patch may of got messed up on my system some how, which has effected the .exe. While the demo exe once made my bf2.exe got me to the black screen instead of an error message.

Comment

Working...
                              X