Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one that realizes...

Originally posted by Phrag
    I love people who know nothing about programming or creating video games that just assume it is sooooooo easy to fix these things.

If you are so much better than these lazy/stupid programmers, why don't you go get a job at EA/Dice and fix it yourself. Oh wait. That's right, they wouldn't hire you because you don't know the difference between your butt and a batch file.

:locked:
    theres a difference EA/DICE get paid to fix it he doesnt, EA and DICE I guess you can say are "professionals" he isnt

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
      But the fact that they are just moving stuff around and "tweaking"... just backs up my point that they are either lazy or stupid.
      That's a perty flat out ignorant thing to say.

Fact is, they've made attempts to fix the major bugs. They just happend to fail. I can imagine how frustrating the red/blug tag bug is. It can't be reproduced reliably (or at all) and is doubtless an artifact in something very strange and obscure.

You also need to understand that just because they are working on one thing (like tweaking gameplay) doesn't mean they aren't working on something else. In the code world there's a limited amount of use you can get out of having several people working on the same problem. Tracking a specific bug and fixing it is something best done by 1 or 2 guys, not the whole team. That means there are other guys freed up to do other things. Either re-assign 'em to other projects (like 2142) or set 'em to task on something else (like gameplay tweaks).

Rumblings are that 1.3 is a much larger patch than people currently suspect, FYI. EA/Dice has a perty heavy hitting team in on this one and I'm sure we are in for some suprises.

Comment

Originally posted by Lagadelphia
        How about supply drops not dropping but the timer resets as if they did? Had that one last night as commander.

Or the glitch in Zatar Wetlands where your mouse pointer is about 1/4" off from where it indicates on the screen. Makes spawning, dropping arty, supplies, etc... a whole lotta fun.

Anyone else have there video settings changed from time to time? This has happened to me several times. It'll default ever thing down to Low and my RES at 800x600@60mgz.

that crap ****es me off...it seems not to be on all servers though...the whole dropping of artillery and crap.....even if you zoom it still does it.....

Comment

hehe...looked good though for the minute it was up.............all could use a smile....

Comment

Originally posted by dindysport81
            hehe...looked good though for the minute it was up.............all could use a smile....
            True, but let's just keep that outta sigs 'n stuff.

Find a way to wittily (is that a word?) insert it into some semi-ontopic post and you can give da giggles without gettin spanked.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
              "nerfing" things left and right
              things sometimes need to be nerfed for the sake of gameplay, same goes for making things better. balance is a huge part of the game and in my eyes, is just as important as bugs.

the AA/flares have inconsistant results based on the airframe, weather this is balance or bug, it needs to be adressed post haste.

as far as the general point of your post, yes i would agree, bugs should come first, but thats not to say they shouldnt develope new content, features, and balance. the point is, you spend a bagillion dollars to develope a game, its insane not to spend money and effort into post production. yes the battlefield series has a huge player base, and ****ty buisness practices wont lower it by much. but better buisness practice on a good game always means more sales, and more money in turn. to put it blunt, post production is essential and i am not happy with the post production in bf2.

Comment

You have to hand it to them for creating a ranking system for a FPS. They even incorporated a system in which players unlocked content that was persistent. They also incorporated a commander system.

All this get rolled into BF2142 in which it'll only get better.

Just be happy this isn't a MMO and they totally invalidate everything you've been working on since you started playing.

Comment

Working...
                X