Am I the only one that realizes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one that realizes...

...that EA/DICE is just causing controversy and adding in all of these new features... and screwing with requirments... "nerfing" things left and right...... Just so they can stall us until BF2142 comes out because they are too lazy/stupid to fix any REAL bugs/glitches/huge problems..?

Re: Am I the only one that realizes...

I am with you on that...fix what you have then move on....this new game will be like every other though...just a bunch of **** to fix....

Comment

Originally posted by dindysport81
      I am with you on that...fix what you have then move on....this new game will be like every other though...just a bunch of **** to fix....
      Yeah.. these guys are with the gameplay and all that.. and messing with ranks and rewards... meanwhile... there are countless bugs that are messing up the game.

I mean... every aspect of the game.. there is a major bug. You fly choppers? You have the TVGM bug where it reloads without shooting. Bombers, they have the same problem. ALL jets, the X's don't show up in time. Ground pounding, the guy can be sitting still.. you walk up to him... unload into his head.. see the smoke + hit recognition, and then he turns around and kills you. Hackers.... PB apparently isn't doing shit to these people. The engineers wrench doesn't work good... the C4 has this annoying glitch where a dummy C4 model comes out... when in reality it is the detonator in your hands...

These are a COUPLE of bugs/glitches... out of hundreds..

Stop worrying about bunny hopping and "squad hopping" being an "exploit"... and start fixing the REAL fucking problems!

Comment

hear hear!

Comment

How about supply drops not dropping but the timer resets as if they did? Had that one last night as commander.

Or the glitch in Zatar Wetlands where your mouse pointer is about 1/4" off from where it indicates on the screen. Makes spawning, dropping arty, supplies, etc... a whole lotta fun.

Anyone else have there video settings changed from time to time? This has happened to me several times. It'll default ever thing down to Low and my RES at 800x600@60mgz.

Comment

Originally posted by Lagadelphia
            How about supply drops not dropping but the timer resets as if they did? Had that one last night as commander.

Or the glitch in Zatar Wetlands where your mouse pointer is about 1/4" off from where it indicates on the screen. Makes spawning, dropping arty, supplies, etc... a whole lotta fun.

Anyone else have there video settings changed from time to time? This has happened to me several times. It'll default ever thing down to Low and my RES at 800x600@60mgz.
            to get around the zatar glitch zoom in it eliminates the glitch...

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
              .too lazy/stupid to fix any REAL bugs/glitches/huge problems..?
              I love people who know nothing about programming or creating video games that just assume it is sooooooo easy to fix these things.

If you are so much better than these lazy/stupid programmers, why don't you go get a job at EA/Dice and fix it yourself. Oh wait. That's right, they wouldn't hire you because you don't know the difference between your butt and a batch file.

:locked:

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                to get around the zatar glitch zoom in it eliminates the glitch...
                Can't zoom on the spawn screen Plus I like to call out spotted enemy zoomed out after scans because it is more efficent when you are spotting for multiple squads who are all about to have contact at the same time. If I have to zoom in at each location, one of my squads is going to get the info they might need too late and that hampers my ability as a commander to keep my whole team as informed as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
                  I love people who know nothing about programming or creating video games that just assume it is sooooooo easy to fix these things.

If you are so much better than these lazy/stupid programmers, why don't you go get a job at EA/Dice and fix it yourself. Oh wait. That's right, they wouldn't hire you because you don't know the difference between your butt and a batch file.

Man listen... I never claimed I could do that shit..

I am saying... it seems to me like they're using these new features and stuff to take the players' minds off of the real bugs and distract everyone for the release of their next BF game...

It probably isn't easy... but you know what... that is their JOB! They SHOULD know how to fix that stuff, and if they don't.. well then at least try.

But the fact that they are just moving stuff around and "tweaking"... just backs up my point that they are either lazy or stupid.

Comment

Here Here!

Metallica, you up for a dogfight sometime?

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag

lol, well im a software dude and to be honest we would get the bullet for some of this stuff, like the terrible patch installation, crappy installer that just says error if anything goes wrong and an ok button, all bugs we get which are high priority, i.e. crashes have to be fixed in 10 days
                      Slightly lower priority bugs for us have 3 weeks to be fixed from when they are registered, ok, i dont work in games, but our systems are critical and these slightly lower priority ones would translate here to anything that affects gameplay, every night i play i find at least 5 different bugs, in all honesty it is terrible

Another thing is releasing substandard software, everyone knows the reason they released it early is because they used their budget allocation from EA, and as theyre currently making losses that their support and maintainence will be non-existent
                      My major gripe is that they made most of their money on the booster pack for EF - 130,000 units of which they get a much higher percentage than from the Game, and this booster was crap, it got 50% in PC Format, a few maps and weapons,vehicles which can only be used on the booster maps, it doesnt improve vanilla at all

If they make most of their income from booster packs, why not release a decent one that integrates properly with the game, look at SF, you can modify this to use SF stuff on the vanilla maps, DICE's answer to integrating SF was that it cant be done,lmao

Apologies for the huge sentences

Comment

Originally posted by Lagadelphia

Yep, I have had these problems before on some servers. Also, unable to click on the spawn point unless you guess in which direction that 1/4" happens to be. Still have crash to desktop on occasion, as well.

Comment

Oh, for f*ck sakes do we really need another lazy programmer thread from the BF2 community?

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn
                            lol, well im a software dude and to be honest we would get the bullet for some of this stuff, like the terrible patch installation, crappy installer that just says error if anything goes wrong and an ok button, all bugs we get which are high priority, i.e. crashes have to be fixed in 10 days
                            Slightly lower priority bugs for us have 3 weeks to be fixed from when they are registered, ok, i dont work in games, but our systems are critical and these slightly lower priority ones would translate here to anything that affects gameplay, every night i play i find at least 5 different bugs, in all honesty it is terrible

Another thing is releasing substandard software, everyone knows the reason they released it early is because they used their budget allocation from EA, and as theyre currently making losses that their support and maintainence will be non-existent
                            My major gripe is that they made most of their money on the booster pack for EF - 130,000 units of which they get a much higher percentage than from the Game, and this booster was crap, it got 50% in PC Format, a few maps and weapons,vehicles which can only be used on the booster maps, it doesnt improve vanilla at all

If they make most of their income from booster packs, why not release a decent one that integrates properly with the game, look at SF, you can modify this to use SF stuff on the vanilla maps, DICE's answer to integrating SF was that it cant be done,lmao

Apologies for the huge sentences

I have abosuletly no problem with what you are saying and completely agree with it. I'm not sticking up for EA/DICE. I just get a headache every time I read things like,
                            Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                            It probably isn't easy... but you know what... that is their JOB! They SHOULD know how to fix that stuff, and if they don't.. well then at least try.

But the fact that they are just moving stuff around and "tweaking"... just backs up my point that they are either lazy or stupid.
                            If you have no insight into the company, profession, technology or business management in general, please tell me how you have the authority to stand and judge these people that do.

If they are lazy and stupid, then what are you for paying them and continuing to use their products???

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                              Oh, for f*ck sakes do we really need another lazy programmer thread from the BF2 community?
                              Nope. :locked:

Comment

Working...
                              X