Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have doubts about EA and BFROE taking actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have doubts about EA and BFROE taking actions?

I bet the server that got you in trouble still exists. You see the irony there? They allow the existance of those servers, and yet they punish 1 out of 50 poor bastards for having bad luck to get reported.

Comment

yeah... i wish i had used that luck to win the lottery instead....hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by AliasJay
        all i care about is k/d ..at the end of the day i want 10 times as many kills as deaths ..but with a cheater or five in every server ..there goes that
        oh please go play singelplayer. oh no wait those bots wpnd you, they are cheating to :laugh:

banned lol, happy happy joy joy

Comment

What makes you think the email is legitimate? Could just be a plant to scare people.

If you're worried but like to play K/P create an account just for that purpose.

dG

Comment

i think there is a solution for this kinda thing. call me crazy, but if EA satrted to put the IP address of BFROE.com or better yet the rules themselves on either the manuals, game boxes or stat trackers like bf2s.com or bf2 player.com it would solve most of the problems with unintentional cheating like new comers who dont know about the ROE.

Comment

Great job accepting responsibility and not whining about it kurosabamaru...hats off to you bro!

Comment

Originally posted by =DNC=BongSquad
                **** your stats. You had 78 hours of fun. Now with all the great mods coming out, might as well just forget about EA's ranks/medals/etc cuz it's a BS money-maker.
                Agreed.

I play PRMM and I will never go back to vBF2. It blows so bad compared to PRMM, and again, they are stupid medals. You don't even need the unlocks, they're not that good anyway. They only seem that way because the dmg system in vBF2 is so borked that you feel that the unlocks actually are better.

Comment

The ranked servers contribute $ to EA, why would they shut them down even if they are running K&P only? Better to try to regulate the players that have already paid for the game-

Comment

Originally posted by Cazzy
                    The ranked servers contribute $ to EA, why would they shut them down even if they are running K&P only? Better to try to regulate the players that have already paid for the game-
                    Yeah that's a pretty good point actually, it makes you understand why EA wipe player stats while leaving the servers up.

I think it's a little unfair that some people gets their stats wiped while others don't though. I think it's just down to EA being reactive as opposed to proactive. If they were proactive they would monitor servers and stats and stop people running Knife / Pistol servers and wipe stats of people playing on them in a consistant fashion.

However, as they are reactive, they only appear to act on violations that are reported or brought to their attention, hence some people get away with pretty well anything while others get wiped for doing much less.

Comment

BFROE is the biggest load of crap ever. A website set up for brown nosers who care more about stats than anything else. What ever happened to Punkbuster being enough? Now you get nerds calling the 'EA police' because someone is trying to get a new badge the 'naughty' way.

It's a game, get over it you little stat whores. Games have idiots in them just deal with it. Who ever actually reports someone to BFROE needs to get a life and just enjoy the game without worrying about someone having a better rank than them.

It's so sad and pathetic it makes me wonder how many wierdo's there are in this world if things so small bother them.

Comment

Whoa, joe, did someone put vitriol in your cola today? Coz you're really spewing there...

Apart from that, I kind of "me too". Wish they spend more energy making their anti cheat system cutting edge. And i kind of wish stats are not part of BF2142. At least in a majorly revised way so things like stat padding and knife/pistol threads gets to be a thing of the past.

Comment

Sorry you feel that way Joe. I have to tell you that not all players feel the same way about their stats. As you can see by many of the TBF2 members sigs that they feel strongly about their stats and are proud of them. As far as being part of BFROE I take great pleasure in being part of the BF2 community and work hard to make sure that there is an even playing ground for all players so that one person that does care about their stats know they don't have to worry about the players that do cheat to get ahead.

Comment

I got a question. in which way someone else stats affect you??.

btw. i aggree with joe.

Comment

Originally posted by kurosabamaru
                              many argue that since they are admin, it is them that pay for the servers.
                              Their money, their rules....
                              at least thats one arguement i can see them making.

i remember there's one server that just runs even without the admin.
                              Does EA have the power to shut down servers that server admins pay for with their own money?
                              They could shut them down but then they would loose money and because of that it will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X