Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All I can say is Wow....

Originally posted by evilzucchini
    It gives a sense of accomplishment. Sure, it is meaningless, however, so is playing the game. You don't get any reward for having a good K to D ratio and doing any number of things. However, when you play the game I bet you try as hard as possible not to die and to kill the other person first. If not, why play at all?

And don't pretend that you don't get at least a little bit of enjoyment at the end of the round when your name is on top of the list and you are given a gold reward.

Truthfully, I don't particular care about my stats and when I have a bad round I say "no biggie." However, without fail, I always wait to see where I ranked and what awards I got (like most heals/revives/repairs/combat/etc. . .). I bet you and everyone else who "doesn't care" about knife and pistol servers do as well.

No. Not at all.
    Of course people try hard at the game...thats what makes it fun. And yes I would enjoy seeing my name at the top of the list at the end of a round however a knife and pistol server has no effect on this at all. Yes, the awards are fun trying to get. I guess I dont mind either way about those servers. How does someone else playing in one of those servers affect my game? 0%.....so why worry about it and why come on a forum where nothing will be done about it and whine about it. Like stated earlier....EA is doing squat about it so who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by orphious2006
      Ok let me pose this question. On a server that doesn't advertise as Knife/Pistol only and is ranked.......everyone on the server agrees and just uses knife and pistol and this is NOT enforced by an admin...meaning no one gets kicked for using other weapons......would you still have a problem with it? It is then not breaking the ROE.
      If I remember correctly, according to the Lord and Master IS that is still cheating.
      When are you guys gonna learn: You can't play the game the way it's the most fun, you have to play it the way that Dice/EA decided it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by orphious2006
        Of course people try hard at the game...thats what makes it fun. And yes I would enjoy seeing my name at the top of the list at the end of a round however a knife and pistol server has no effect on this at all. Yes, the awards are fun trying to get.
        Being at the top of the list is completely meaningless as well. You don't get anything for it. However, you enjoy it because it gives you a sense of accomplishment; you beat other people in a competition. However, when getting your knife and pistol badges become meaningless because you can get them very easily, that sense of accomplishment and competition is diminished.

I think of it the same way you do. I enjoy my stats, I enjoy competeing and I enjoy winning. However, I can see why it makes other people angry and I think they have the right to complain.

Originally posted by TokenBrit
        If I remember correctly, according to the Lord and Master IS that is still cheating.
        When are you guys gonna learn: You can't play the game the way it's the most fun, you have to play it the way that Dice/EA decided it should be.
        You can play the game the way you find it most fun. Just don't do it on a ranked server.

You can do whatever you want with your own server. Make a mod that completely changes the game. EA not only doesn't care, they encourage it.

So stop pretending that EA is trying to rain on your parade because they are not. If you want knife and pistol only, go right ahead, run an unranked knife and pistol only server.

Comment

i cant find any unranked knife and pistol servers....so im out of luck.....i would like to play on one oneday....i love a good knife fight on the reg servers.....and i think the kills are harder to get, meaning you gotta leearn how to get them....unlike knp servers....

i think the expert badge is something that should be earned, if you get handed one in a knife and pistol server, it really doesnt mean anything...

think of that from EA's perspective, it totally defeats the purpose of the award. so they make it illegal.....thats the way it is ,, deal with it....ppl say that we are whining about ranked knife and pistol servers, yet your reason for having them is a whine itself....you say it should be allowed, wah wah wah.....well, it isnt so get over it...and its obvious why.....

i dont see anyone complaining about unranked knife and pistol servers either....in fact where are they? if your precious badge isnt so important wheres your unranked KNP FFA server?......i bet u i could get my basic, vet and expert badges in a KNP server in 1-2 rounds :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
            Being at the top of the list is completely meaningless as well. You don't get anything for it. However, you enjoy it because it gives you a sense of accomplishment; you beat other people in a competition. However, when getting your knife and pistol badges become meaningless because you can get them very easily, that sense of accomplishment and competition is diminished.

I think of it the same way you do. I enjoy my stats, I enjoy competeing and I enjoy winning. However, I can see why it makes other people angry and I think they have the right to complain.

The badges are meaningless anyway so why should it matter? You even admitted they are meaningless. The only way it is diminished is if the badges had some value to begin with. Whats the value of the badges? Nothing more than a personal challenge. I just don't see how that diminishes anything for anybody if someone gets their badge on knife and pistol server. The people who get those badges know how they got them ie taking the easy way out and the people who got them in regular servers know they had to work hard for theirs. In my opinion if someone who worked hard for theirs is upset cause some took the easy way.......they have a little to much time on their hands to worry about something as foolish as a video game badge or they are deranged into thinking that the badge actually means something more than it actually does..

The only solution which would be great in my opinion is just to do away with the enitre ranking system. Give everyone all the unlocks (the only reason I even look at stats).

Comment

the knife badge is supposed to be earned, it is a symbol of ones skill, and profficiency with the knife, when the badge is handed out as a gimmee in a KnP server, it diminishes this aspect of the award in a way that makes it worthless....

saying a badge is meaningless is only a matter of opinion...lets face it, nothing means more in a video-game than the enjoyment found in it....how you get your badge does not take away from my enjoyment, it just renders the badge as a guage of ones profficiency faulty

Comment

Alpha's hit the nail on the head.

82nd Commando, im not in the least 'jealous' as you put it, nor am i a whiny child. A quick glance at some of my posts ought to tell you that. I am annoyed, surprised, and as i said in my first post, disappointed.

Annoyed because i personally try to get any awards legitimately, and believe anyone who does otherwise is slack, and it irks me. like i said originally, cheaters of any form are a pet hate.

Surprised because there is more servers running now than there was 2 months ago. If perhaps things were being done properly by those high up, the number should be ever decreasing.

Disappointed, because like i said in the OP, i detest cheaters! and every single one of the servers was full.

Do not dare try and tell me I'm jealous i couldnt get in there, else you can front up here and i'll show you just how wrong you are. You certainly seem to be trying to play all high and mighty for someone with only 30 posts..

Edit: I normally tend to avoid personal flames however you really got me riled up there.

Comment

I see you have the purple heart...I cant bring myself to acquire one...maybe when I have all the others

Comment

Me and a few friends play monopoly. I study hard on my strategies and become the best monopoly player out of all my buddies. I am proud.

***HOWEVER*** There are these 5 guys who live down the street and play monopoly, they all start with twice as much money! Milton Bradly clearly states the rules in the box. They should ban them for cheating! People like this make me sick...I spend my money to win prizes in the game, and they're getting the SAME PRIZES but clearly cheating!! Why should anyone be allowed to put up a hotel on baltic ave while still on the third lap of the board?!!!

Does it seem any more logical now??
                    You guys care too much

Comment

Maybe i do framed, but of all the things i detest most, as i've said already a couple of times, cheating of any form is right up the top of that list! everyone has a pet hate, be it a footy team or a food or whatever, mine is cheaters!

Comment

***HOWEVER*** There are these 5 guys who live down the street and play monopoly, they all start with twice as much money! Milton Bradly clearly states the rules in the box. They should ban them for cheating! People like this make me sick...I spend my money to win prizes in the game, and they're getting the SAME PRIZES but clearly cheating!! Why should anyone be allowed to put up a hotel on baltic ave while still on the third lap of the board?!!!
                        You forgot to include the fact that there is a neighborhood leader board and they are always at the top. If they were to play in their own place and not count it toward the local leaderboard, noone would care. Why they insist on having their game ranked is just wrong.

Seriously, I love how everyone arguing that this is just okay never mentions the fact that these people can do whatever the **** they want on an unranked server. Just do it unranked and you can have all the fun in the world. However, if you have to do it on a ranked server then all you are doing is showing exactly WHY people don't want you to do this on a ranked server and it should be obvious to you.

Comment

Working...
                        X