Anyone use the logitech G15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone use the logitech G15?

G15 is great but if it's just for listening to music...

Winamp Preferences/Global Hotkeys should do the trick also ingame. Just assign some keys you don't use ingame to the list.

Comment

I don't have a G15 - but a friend does. He says it's rather useful, but he doesn't play many online games to try it out with (One of those guys who'll buy anything that either looks cool or is the most expensive thing on the market)

Personally, I have a ZBoard... with the BF2 keyset. Love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Comment

I have one as well, but as far as I know, any Macros are against the EULA. I like the 3rd party app that let me see my PC's temps while playing...although I get the hint when my room heats up like a sauna....damn x1900xt..

Comment

i bought a cheap logitech usb keyboard, its black and has the buttons on the top, forgot the model name for this, but i got it for 20 bucks at frys and you can switch songs in winamp while playing bf2. its a really good keyboard for its price.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
            Is it possible to have BF2 up and switch between the bf2 and ts apps?

what do you use the macro keys for personally?
            Yeah, you can switch back and forth between the TS and BF2 applets by using the left-most softkey.

Before I run BF2, I run an application that closes down all non-essential EXEs, and it closes down all of the other G15 applets so that TS and BF2 are the only 2 G15 applets left running.

Comment

What happened to the first one?

Originally posted by MouseNo4
              G15 here. This is my second G15 so far.
              Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
              I don't have a G15 - but a friend does. He says it's rather useful, but he doesn't play many online games to try it out with (One of those guys who'll buy anything that either looks cool or is the most expensive thing on the market)

Personally, I have a ZBoard... with the BF2 keyset. Love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
              How's that zboard... I shyed away from them becase it didn't look like there was enough keys for swithcing weapons and seats (1-9/fkeys)

Comment

Error...Macro's are not and can not really be against any game...Because it would be impossible to police.

Clicking macros are considered cheating for RPG's.

BTW-A hardware macro like this would be physically impossible to detect. (I think...)

I love the ignorant little kids on here just spouting off false info...It is wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
                  G15 is great but if it's just for listening to music...

Winamp Preferences/Global Hotkeys should do the trick also ingame. Just assign some keys you don't use ingame to the list.

It's not just for music... it's for BF2, but controlling music with BF up would be ultra-sexy, and it's the deciding factor between this keyboard and others which actually have a better fps-finger-set-up.

I'm worried that BF will "block" the winamp global hotkeys, as it does now... I was just wondering if this keyboard would fix that "blocking" problem.

According to some dude on page one, this keyboard does not help this probem and you still cannot change songs via winamp hotkeys while in BF2, but he said every other game works fine... which sucks d1ck.

Comment

I own a G15, the LCD applet are just awesome and usefull (i devved some too..), about BF2 and macros.. it is a sensible matter, they may give some advantage, they are "simple" one available (like switch to granate, launch, switch back to main weapon; switch to medipack/ammo then back to weapon; prone+zoom ...all with a single key) or elaborate ones (sigle chop flying: turn heli a bit left/down, switch to gunner, switch TV, fire TV ... with a single key!) ...they are cheating? I won't comment, i just know that this keyboard is one of the suggested keyboard to use with BF2 (agrements b/w EA and Logitech) ..but does it gives really an advantage in game? My conclusion is: it doesn't.. or i would be a stupid to not use these macro (nope, i don't use it.. not because i'm an angel, but because i didn't found them usefull) ...maybe with some "experience" .. who knows? I own a G15 because it is a fantastic keyboard. Stop.

Comment

So, do we atually have a verification that you cannot change winamp settings while in Bf2?

Comment

Originally posted by Living Ghost
                        Error...Macro's are not and can not really be against any game...Because it would be impossible to police.

Clicking macros are considered cheating for RPG's.

BTW-A hardware macro like this would be physically impossible to detect. (I think...)

I love the ignorant little kids on here just spouting off false info...It is wonderful.
                        Hey man, I was just passing on info I have heard thats all. I wouldn't call myself ignorant, nor a little kid (I am 33)

I love the ignorant assholes who act tough on the internet...It is wonderful.

lol

Comment

Working...
                        X