Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the logitech G15?

How is it for battlefield 2?

Also, can someone check if you can use the little LCD thingy to change songs or options on Winamp while In-Game (without alt-tabbing)?

Re: Anyone use the logitech G15?

I use the G15. I'd say exactly the same as any other keyboard save the backlighting for "night games". :P The macros... not that useful for an FPS. I mean what the hell could you macro that you don't already one-button press?

As far as WinAMP goes I believe the program has to actually support the G15's media keys... that or the G15 drivers do. I can't remember which.

My suggestion. If you play this and WoW (or any other RPG for that matter) get the G15, but if you're just playing games like this, stick with something else.

Comment

No, the G15 rocks. Ton's of apps for BF2, teamspeak, displaying winamp, etc.

I can use my keys to change winamp setting in every other game BUT BF2.

Then I must come to the conclusion hat BF2 sucks. :P

Seriously, get it. It is worth it.

g15forums.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, g15forums.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I use it to check info such as CPU temp or RAM available, and I only use the G keys as an alternative to other keys (Such as 7 for night vision, or F10+ camera views)
        The Windows key lock and volume control are helpful to me

G15's a good keyboard, but sometimes it seems like it could've been better, not noticable though. I like it, I give it a 8.5/10

Comment

i just came from bestbuy and i got check it out playing bf2 and its a good keyboard. a little big but a lotta buttons and the lcd is nice.

Comment

I love the G15 but since I don't play MP3s while playing BF2 I can't answer your question for sure...but I would imagine the answer is YES! It is a gaming keyboard after all and that is one of the many functions it is designed to perform.

If the G15Media.exe app is running, then using the media keys should give you full control over whatever multimedia app you are using (many are supported).

Comment

If you cant change songs in game, which is the main reason I want to get this board (besides macros, but I'm stuck on BF2 and staying away from RPG's nowish).... I think I might get this one instead....

Buy WOLF KING Timber Wolf KBWOLTV22588US Black & White 87+40 Normal Keys 8 Function Keys USB Wired Ergonomic Gaming Keyboard with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Originally posted by Living Ghost
              No, the G15 rocks. Ton's of apps for BF2, teamspeak, displaying winamp, etc.

I can use my keys to change winamp setting in every other game BUT BF2.

Then I must come to the conclusion hat BF2 sucks. :P

Seriously, get it. It is worth it.

http://g15forums.com/

Comment

Mmm I know that one.. But I don't like the big circular thing on the left but it seems ok.. I think I'll get the G15 but I also love the Saitek Eclipse but I think I'll go for the G15 with those handy 'Macros'..

Comment

I use the G15 and really like it. I love the BF2 G15 App that reports your stats on your LCD screen.

Comment

The G15 Teamspeak app. is all I really use my G15 for. Really helps to know who is talking on TS.

As far as other apps go, I haven't really tried others out.

Its a great keyboard though, excellent choice if you want a keyboard loaded with features for gaming. Macro keys in BF2 are also nice.

Comment

I use the G15, it's great. I especially use it because I am using TeamSpeak a lot. I got 18 buttons to talk extra, switch channel, wisper etc etc. I use TeamSpeak on the display together with Speedfan and Fraps.

Comment

Is it possible to have BF2 up and switch between the bf2 and ts apps?

what do you use the macro keys for personally?

Originally posted by LBC|Jester
                        The G15 Teamspeak app. is all I really use my G15 for. Really helps to know who is talking on TS.

As far as other apps go, I haven't really tried others out.

Its a great keyboard though, excellent choice if you want a keyboard loaded with features for gaming. Macro keys in BF2 are also nice.

Comment

Taken from a hardware discussion someweres else...
                          .."For games, the keys can be used for single key presses or complete macros. You can insert pauses when you program the macros. You can program manually or program in real time. It will record the delays and keys pressed. The only issue I see is whether using these keys will be considered cheating. For instance, I was able to program a BF2 macro for a Medic that ran three paces, jumped in the air, went prone, switched to shock paddles, revived, stood up and switched back to rifle with one key press! I could never get the timing right so I dumped it for a simple jump, go prone and switch to shock paddles (but you get the idea).
                          "..

thats why macros are good..or bad..

Comment

I have Logitech Internet Navigator SE. 10+extra programable buttons and sound control I like it realy much and I dont think I will change it for a G15 until it craps. For macros I have quite a few good ideas and the stat-showing part sound realy great btw can you see the minimap on the LCD somehow??

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                            Taken from a hardware discussion someweres else...
                            .."For games, the keys can be used for single key presses or complete macros. You can insert pauses when you program the macros. You can program manually or program in real time. It will record the delays and keys pressed. The only issue I see is whether using these keys will be considered cheating. For instance, I was able to program a BF2 macro for a Medic that ran three paces, jumped in the air, went prone, switched to shock paddles, revived, stood up and switched back to rifle with one key press! I could never get the timing right so I dumped it for a simple jump, go prone and switch to shock paddles (but you get the idea).
                            "..

thats why macros are good..or bad..
                            wow that sounds awsame, but if PB gets you after some update and you will lhave to roll back to the n-macro-use gamplay you will suck I would use it for throwing instant granades and switching back HAHA...

Comment

G15 here. This is my second G15 so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X