Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean yaw and pitch factors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean yaw and pitch factors?

i like flying with heli, and wanted to know what does those settings mean. i have standart 1 now, but as i checked it can be adjusted to 10 max. What is difference and what they do?

thanks

Re: What does it mean yaw and pitch factors?

yaw and pitch means basicly up and down and left and right, if u put yaw higher than pitch ure move faster to the left and right and u move slower to up and down (ore is it the other way around?) i use it only in the tank, there i have that i move fast left and right but slow up and down. i hope u understand what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by CombatTroll9
      yaw and pitch means basicly up and down and left and right, if u put yaw higher than pitch ure move faster to the left and right and u move slower to up and down (ore is it the other way around?) i use it only in the tank, there i have that i move fast left and right but slow up and down. i hope u understand what i mean
      They're not relient on one an other at all

Think of these in terms of helo (they still apply to plane too)

Pitch is the up and down movement of the aircraft (ie you push your mouse joystick forward and the aircraft goes nose down)

Yaw is the side to side movement. NOT to be confused with roll. If you hover in a helo and Yaw you will spin around yourself without rolling the Helo in either direction. Yaw is particularly useful for making fine tuned movements on a bombing run or when lining up a Helo gunner for a TV shot.

Comment

How does yaw and pitch relate to sensitivity?

Comment

Sensitivity is for mice.
          Jaw and pitch settings adjust Joysticks + joypads (i'm not sure if they affect keyboard as well).
          Put both on 10 if you fly chopper / jet with a joystick.

If you use a mouse jaw/pitch factors will not change your movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Crampas
            Sensitivity is for mice.
            Jaw and pitch settings adjust Joysticks + joypads (i'm not sure if they affect keyboard as well).
            Put both on 10 if you fly chopper / jet with a joystick.

If you use a mouse jaw/pitch factors will not change your movement.
            Are you sure about that, I tought it was the opposite, cause the joystick is all analog, hence the harder you pull or push teh harder you will pitch or yawn. I'm not saying you are wrong but could you explain a little bit better.

Comment

Yaw and pitch factors change sensitivity for the MOUSE only.

Those settings will NOT affect keyboard or joystick users.

Comment

Here's a good example of it:

"Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  Yaw and pitch factors change sensitivity for the MOUSE only.

Those settings will NOT affect keyboard or joystick users.

Are you sure? Because i fly helo's with a Joystick and use two buttons for the Yaw. The difference is noticable if i change the Yaw factor and is the same as if i press the A and D keys (speed of turning wise)

Comment

Well, I will change my statement then to what I am positive of:

-yaw and pitch factors do not affect joystick axes
                    -yaw and pitch factors certainly affect mouse movement

When I've used keyboard (i.e. digital input) for yaw, I never noticed a difference with changing the factor, but my experience with the keyboard is limited.

Comment

I use a joystick for planes and choppers both. I have my yaw and pitch for planes on 10. This helps immensly to make quick maneuvers. I left the chopper settings at default, because they are much easier to control that way.

Comment

..and the question is...what do you use? mouse, keyboard, or joystick?

Comment

Well I am using a KB and mouse for both planes and helis. Now granted I have looked at getting a stick but haven't because that's just something else for my kids to tear up. I just got a copy of a config file from one of the top players in the world. So I'm gonna see how he has it set up and see if that helps me cuz I have very little time in planes or Helis.

Comment

Wow, am I the only one who uses the keyboard only for helos and planes? I've tried using the mouse it's not hard at all just different. Wondering about something, if i were to start flying with a mouse would it help to have a logitech mx518 1600 dpi mouse?(this mouse is better then mine right now)

Comment

I fly with keyboard and mouse, but I have my pitch/yaw factor up to 25 (yes, you can edit it in the config file to 25). it helps against the joystick users.

Comment

Working...
                              X