Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just want to make shure.....

Originally posted by Zotchman
    Sounds are incredible. The battlefield is a live entity you have to listen to and respect.
    I dunno.. I couldn't tell the difference between a mounted machine gun 100ft away and one 10ft away. All the sounds sound the same. Got to be kinda annoying.

As far as teamwork and such -- hard to find. I'd join squads with guys with [PR] tags or something, and wouldn't get orders and wouldn't be replied to over VOIP (if VOIP was even working -- how can someone put up a PRMM server without VOIP??). Commanders I've played under haven't given orders. The round of extraction I played consisted of the SUV skirting the edge of Mashtuur while the MEC team tried to spawn kill as many USMC guys as they could, in the process losing the game for their team by allowing the SUV to roll in to the hotel completely unopposed. Basically, in the 2 - 3 hours I've played, I've not felt that the teamwork aspect is any greater than in your everyday ranked server.

Cons are many also but usually I like to:
    See that I have killed an enemy (he's behind a fence/wall/vehicle) PRMM doesn't show you.
    See my reticle change when I am hitting a player (x)
    See if one of my teammate killed a player that I was after or chasing or saw go into a building.
    I don't like the lack of kill messages for those reasons and for the community reasons. It can be fun to taunt people or to finally kill that guy that's been killing you all round. Or give a "whoa" when someone racks up a bunch of C4 kills, etc. Removing the kill messages gets rid of that community feel and just turns everyone in to a bunch of mindless drones.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_CaGeD
      that you guys know what you may be missing.

Project reality is freaking awsome.
      Well, okay...I'll try it. US Intervention was pretty disappointing. Hopefully this one will be better.

In response to the question, "What didn't I like about US Intervention?"

I don't know why people would play this over original BF2.

Less weapons to choose from.
      The maps I played weren't very interesting.
      The anti-tank weapons were pretty hard to aim properly. Both the USMC and the Iraqi AT weapons shot high and to the left, so you had to aim low and to the right consistently.

Other than that, I saw little difference to the original BF2, other than things that were missing. A-10 Warthog? Big deal. Just another plane to me.

I'd like to play a mod that ADDS things to the original rather than subtracts things.

Comment

the little bird is nuts, it rolls onto its back on top of a building and stays like that for about 10 seconds before exploding

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
          That's utter BS.

You can still play on the ranked servers and have fun. In fact, I find it pretty elitist of you to say that. I play with friends and we have lots of fun raking up points and playing as a team.

It's great that someone made a mod for the game and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy playing it. However, saying that gamers who play on ranked servers are only interested in stats is generalizing about 99.9% of the userbase.
          Dude, why so defensive? I regularly play on ranked servers, i admin 3 of them. What im saying is (and if you choose to beleive its elitist then so be it, but im afraid its fact) that the whole ranking system is the cause of alot of the problems BF2 has had. Think about it. Why do stat padders stat pad? For rankings/points/medals....im tempted to say cheaters/glicthers/crackers, but that would be naive as you still get cheaters in games like DoD or CS were rankings arent present, but they certainly wouldnt be as prevelant as they are.

The point is that to many people spend time checking their stats and trying to get as many points as possible or worrying about there meaningless K/D ratio as opposed to playing the game for the primary reason we play games, to have fun.

With Mods you tend not to get those types of people playing because they're to busy trying to gain measily points in Vanilla and its much more fun orientated.

Comment

i didnt like it and m8 spell sure right. Its NOT shure

Comment

Working...
            X