Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just want to make shure.....

USI. That's all.

P.S. To thread starter did you know you misspell sure????

Comment

Well, here is my view on this and any other mod....I enjoy playing the game...and I enjoy earning badges and awards....but I'm not sure if I want to play the game and not be working tword my rand/ribbons/awards?! maybe its just me

Comment

Originally posted by d3sc3n7j
        Well, here is my view on this and any other mod....I enjoy playing the game...and I enjoy earning badges and awards....but I'm not sure if I want to play the game and not be working tword my rand/ribbons/awards?! maybe its just me
        Well as far as im concerned theres 2 types of player who play BF2. Those who play for fun and to have a good time and those who play for stats, awards whatever. If you play for stats then your never going to like mods purely because they dont have stats (not techinically true as PRMM has ABS rankings) and judging by your post, and the fact you feel the need to show your stats in your sig im guessing your in the second group.

To be honest, thats fine with me as those of us who enjoy playing with freinds and getting some good team play on the go can do so without all those people who are so bothered about their stats getting in our way (ie reviving us in front of tanks for the points, stat padders, crackers...and pretty much anyone else who see's what are effectively meaningless points as important)

Comment

I can understand that.

I used to check my stats all the time trying to figure out what I needed to do and how much longer it might take to get that next badge, rank, whatever...but I've gotta tell you, about a month ago I completely stopped caring about my points and it's been nothing but fun ever since.

(admittedly I stopped caring AFTER I got the unlocks I wanted first )

Comment

You'd be surprised how much fun it is playing and not caring about how many times you've died in a round.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
              30-second respawn-time ?

no thanks.
              counter strike memories.... no good

Comment

I have not played any of the mods yet so which one is good??

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
                  Well as far as im concerned theres 2 types of player who play BF2. Those who play for fun and to have a good time and those who play for stats, awards whatever. If you play for stats then your never going to like mods purely because they dont have stats (not techinically true as PRMM has ABS rankings) and judging by your post, and the fact you feel the need to show your stats in your sig im guessing your in the second group.

To be honest, thats fine with me as those of us who enjoy playing with freinds and getting some good team play on the go can do so without all those people who are so bothered about their stats getting in our way (ie reviving us in front of tanks for the points, stat padders, crackers...and pretty much anyone else who see's what are effectively meaningless points as important)
                  That's utter BS.

You can still play on the ranked servers and have fun. In fact, I find it pretty elitist of you to say that. I play with friends and we have lots of fun raking up points and playing as a team.

It's great that someone made a mod for the game and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy playing it. However, saying that gamers who play on ranked servers are only interested in stats is generalizing about 99.9% of the userbase.

Comment

I agree!! I think stats are important mainly they give you goals to work on areas where you need improvement. Yes there are folks out there that just want to be stat pigs. But their are folks out there that play for teamwork and to squad up with folks who want to win. You always have fools out there in any program that dont play for the team. Thats why I play on servers where folks do know the meaning of teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHo.KiLLa
                      You either love it or hate it.
                      What he said.

I played PRMM since 0.2, and I liked it. I couldn't stand vanilla BF2's underpowered shots at range. I'm a bit of a Ghost Recon aficionado, where one or two shots from 30m will drop a guy. What's the point of getting the drop on a guy if your first couple shots are merely a tap on the shoulder? The element of surprise should be just that: "I see you--SURPRISE!"

I like the Littlebird. It's a lightweight troop transport, so consider it a tougher target for the TV-guided missiles. Anyone who was in a full Blackhawk knows the lament of the pilot who couldn't evade the missiles because the damn helo flies like a drunk whale.

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Comment

well i play it and love it, all these comments about 30 sec spwan times well yeah if you cant wait 30sec after dieing then your problely shouldnt download it

Comment

Originally posted by spitsfreeman
                          well i play it and love it, all these comments about 30 sec spwan times well yeah if you cant wait 30sec after dieing then your problely shouldnt download it

It's really not that bad, before I played I read that and I had the same thoughts, but when you play it's not much more than a small annoyance.

Comment

Comment

I found that the more you play it, the more fun it is. 30 second spawn times give you more of an opportunity to assess what kit you will choose, and where you will spawn, which are inversely proportional to the fact that you don't want to end up on the spawn screen!

I love the fact, that I can:
                              wait for my prey (not camp, but be careful)
                              Actually sneek up on a lone wolf or a team w/o UAV Commander spotting me
                              Hide behind an object and watch as someone walks by and doesn't see me due to (above)
                              Actually be an effective sniper (plus the weapon rules)

Pros:
                              The teamwork is way better, life is precious, kills are sweeter
                              Sounds are incredible. The battlefield is a live entity you have to listen to and respect.
                              Littlebird is awesome (esp. in El Alamein XXL)
                              Screen is free of clutter

Cons are many also but usually I like to:
                              See that I have killed an enemy (he's behind a fence/wall/vehicle) PRMM doesn't show you.
                              See my reticle change when I am hitting a player (x)
                              See if one of my teammate killed a player that I was after or chasing or saw go into a building.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance

I understand that...however if you look at my stats, you would realize that I am the suck

Originally posted by Skwurl
                                That's utter BS.

You can still play on the ranked servers and have fun. In fact, I find it pretty elitist of you to say that. I play with friends and we have lots of fun raking up points and playing as a team.

It's great that someone made a mod for the game and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy playing it. However, saying that gamers who play on ranked servers are only interested in stats is generalizing about 99.9% of the userbase.
                                Why thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X