Idiot Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Commander

I was USMC on Wake Island. We took the airfield early in the game, and shortly their artillery became ours. Our noob commander obviously couldn't understand that, so he kept C4-ing now our own artillery at the airfield thinking it's theirs. The fact that he could see it on the minimap (you can't see enemy arty on minimap) and the fact that he kept losing points was too much for his peanut brain. For a while I was trying to explain him, but then I gave up and respawned as engineer. It was ok for a while, I got few repair points off of the arty that he was destroying, but then he killed me with C4 while I was repairing the arty and he was so into destoying it. I initiated kick vote, but as usual half of the people don't care what is going on and he stayed commander. During the whole round he kept ignoring the requests for supply and UAV from the players because he was too concerned about blowing the "enemy's" arty. Since we won, he still got the free commander's points (minus the team points that he lost), basically for not doing anything at all and even sabotaging our own assets. Now how do you play with idiots like that?

Re: Idiot Commander

Originally posted by govedob
    Now how do you play with idiots like that?
    I realize it's just a game, and continue on.

Comment

I can't believe this has survived so long without flames. Let me elaborate.
      I was USMC on Wake Island. We took the airfield early in the game
      So far, so good. This is accurate. USMC starts from the carrier, and PLA has the airfield.
      and shortly their artillery became ours
      Keep your hands and feet in the vehicle, folks. It's a bumpy ride downhill from here on. You cannot claim the enemy's artillery or any other assets for that matter. Only flags can be taken. Everything else is target practice. If you took the enemy's airfield, you SHOULD blow up the artillery because they still have posession of it; they can still use it.
      Our noob commander obviously couldn't understand that, so he kept C4-ing now our own artillery at the airfield thinking it's theirs
      If he's blowing the artillery at the airfield, he's doing the right thing. It's the PLA's artillery. So, instead of a noob commander, it's a noob sargeant major.

Comment

Originally posted by [47R]Saureco
        I can't believe this has survived so long without flames. Let me elaborate.

So far, so good. This is accurate. USMC starts from the carrier, and PLA has the airfield.

Keep your hands and feet in the vehicle, folks. It's a bumpy ride downhill from here on. You cannot claim the enemy's artillery or any other assets for that matter. Only flags can be taken. Everything else is target practice. If you took the enemy's airfield, you SHOULD blow up the artillery because they still have posession of it; they can still use it.

If he's blowing the artillery at the airfield, he's doing the right thing. It's the PLA's artillery. So, instead of a noob commander, it's a noob sargeant major.
        No, you are the noob. There is a bug in Wake where when you take the airfield, you take the arty as well.

Comment

Worst commander I have come accorss is ''FETALUS546'' im sure it is, he kept ramming my tank over and over giving me the tk, then he artied our own base, killing tons of our soldiers.

Comment

Oh my god. If you hold their airfield long enough, their artillery becomes yours. Obviously you are all noobs since you didn't know about this. Try playing Wake for a while and you'll see. This is only possible if their base is not uncapable. I've spend close to 300 hours playing Wake Island, you may learn something instead of being ignorant and arguing. After all, how was I able to repair it if it wasn't our arty, and how was he losing points every time he was blowing it?

Comment

Cyberduck has a easy fix for you!

Suicide > Sniper > Headshot > Rinse and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                No, you are the noob. There is a bug in Wake where when you take the airfield, you take the arty as well.
                It's not a bug. It happens if you hold the airfiled long enough. This is possible only if the enemy base is capable. They still get to keep the UAV and the satelite. And the easiest way to tell this is by looking at the minimap. Only your assets will show. Another way to tell is by being able to repair, and by the points that you are losing every time you destroy it.

Comment

I was USMC on Wake Island. We took the airfield early in the game, and shortly their artillery became ours. Our noob commander obviously couldn't understand that, so he kept C4-ing now our own artillery at the airfield thinking it's theirs. The fact that he could see it on the minimap (you can't see enemy arty on minimap) and the fact that he kept losing points was too much for his peanut brain. For a while I was trying to explain him, but then I gave up and respawned as engineer. It was ok for a while, I got few repair points off of the arty that he was destroying, but then he killed me with C4 while I was repairing the arty and he was so into destoying it. I initiated kick vote, but as usual half of the people don't care what is going on and he stayed commander. During the whole round he kept ignoring the requests for supply and UAV from the players because he was too concerned about blowing the "enemy's" arty. Since we won, he still got the free commander's points (minus the team points that he lost), basically for not doing anything at all and even sabotaging our own assets. Now how do you play with idiots like that?
                  There are no free "commander's points", he just gets double the points he earned in the round, so if he did absolutely nothing his 0 points would double.... to 0.

Comment

It's not a bug. It happens if you hold the airfiled long enough. This is possible only if the enemy base is capable. They still get to keep the UAV and the satelite. And the easiest way to tell this is by looking at the minimap. Only your assets will show. Another way to tell is by being able to repair, and by the points that you are losing every time you destroy it.

I would say it is a bug. The enemy still can use arty after this has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by [47R]Saureco
                      I can't believe this has survived so long without flames.
                      Play a little bit longer than 3 hours what you currently have on Wake out of your 45 hours total, and then you can talk on this forum, that is if you now what you are talking about, n00b.

Comment

Oh my god. If you hold their airfield long enough, their artillery becomes yours. Obviously you are all noobs since you didn't know about this. Try playing Wake for a while and you'll see. This is only possible if their base is not uncapable. I've spend close to 300 hours playing Wake Island, you may learn something instead of being ignorant and arguing. After all, how was I able to repair it if it wasn't our arty, and how was he losing points every time he was blowing it?
                        I don't get it, why didn't you just disconnect...

Comment

lmao itz jsut a game :P

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                            I would say it is a bug. The enemy still can use arty after this has happened.
                            Immediatelly after you take the airfield, they still have all the 3 howitzers. As the time passes and you are holding the airfield, they lose 1 (they can use the other 2), than 2 (they can use only 1), and if you hold it long enough they lose all the 3 howitzers. Trust me it's not a bug. I have many hours on Wake. That's how BF2 has always been with the capable bases.

Comment

I for one have never seen this happen. Not saying that it doesn't, just not that I have noticed. And for the record I do have quite a few hours playing this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X